Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

3-10 to 2-10 to Loughgiel, Cdall down to 14 men, Carson two yellows.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Bitta a ding dong affair I hear, markers being set down
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

3-10 to 4-12 to shamrocks
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

3-10 - 4-13 ft     ;D

Milltown Row2

4/5 for the championship is great odds me thinks, Dall nearly at full strength too I hear. Though this should give both teams an idea of where they are at in terms of strengths and weakness. Many Dunloy men down watching this? views?

saffron89

best league game i have been at in a long while, though a little dark at the end and the cushendall floodlights are like torches, well worth the trip however. thought Carson sending off spurred the dall on a little, some great noises coming from the loughgiel side.

Benny McGarry had the beating off S Delargy and E McCloskey looked like he was buzzing.  well done to both teams for bad breeze.

SIE Why the goalie substitution at the end, was it for DD letting in goals or injury for when he came off i was above the sham sub bench and he seemed ok, just disappointed.

O Elliot is he now our top official like T McIntyre used to be, still has a long way to go to be at Tommys level.

Jesusjones

Great noises coming from the loughgiel side? Only if you think feeding time at the monkey house is a good noise

pdiddy

A typical response from you jj.
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

Minder

The grapes must be sour.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: saffron89 on September 06, 2012, 08:15:21 PM
best league game i have been at in a long while, though a little dark at the end and the cushendall floodlights are like torches, well worth the trip however. thought Carson sending off spurred the dall on a little, some great noises coming from the loughgiel side.

Benny McGarry had the beating off S Delargy and E McCloskey looked like he was buzzing.  well done to both teams for bad breeze.

SIE Why the goalie substitution at the end, was it for DD letting in goals or injury for when he came off i was above the sham sub bench and he seemed ok, just disappointed.

O Elliot is he now our top official like T McIntyre used to be, still has a long way to go to be at Tommys level.
It was just to give Chrissy a run out afaik saffron.

Jj, I hear sugar is great for sweetening those sour grapes.  ;)

Milltown Row2

Talk about the game lads FFS

Megaman

Quote from: Minder on September 06, 2012, 08:40:47 PM
The grapes must be sour.

Not surprised you chirped in  ::) how's that chip on your shoulder keeping these days

I will talk about the match and not some of the stuff I heard beside me  :o

Was a good game and not much between the teams, big difference was the mistakes, 3 of 4 lough girl goals where shocking defensive mistakes from cushendall

Some really good scores from both teams,?

Jesusjones

No grapes here, wouldn't argue with facts, Loughgiel won the game fair and square but that goulin their supporters do reminds me of chimps, its like something you hear on the discovery channel. As far as the game goes the first half was brilliant hurling with some fantastic scores from both teams. Loughgiel threatened to run away with the game at the start of the second half and it didn't look good when Carson got sent off. Credit to our boys all the same got it back to 3 points on a couple of occasions but whatever chance we had with 15 we were never gonna win with 14, Loughgiel are too good at using the space. We got enough ball into our forwards to win the game but when its 2 on 1 or 3 on 2 we were never gonna get the scores. I wouldn't be that disappointed in our performance, at the end of the day we gave the All Ireland Champions a fright. If we happen to get past Dunloy we'd have a punchers chance in the final. Loughgiel aren't unbeatable.

auld stock

to be perfectly blunt loughguile have simply evolved into a better team than us. we are depending too heavily on shane & neil for scores whereas loughguiles 6 forwards all pose a threat. personally i feel that its theirs too lose. in saying that though it has been ours to lose a couple of times the last few years & we did manage to lose it. i think IF we get by dunloy we have to hope loughguile have a bad day but for me realistically we would travel more in hope than expectation. last two years there has only been a puck of the ball between the two teams, this year however i would expect loughguile to win apossible final by 7 or 8 points & thats not mind games. the truth does hurt & anyone from c'dall watching tonight will know that even though the scoreboard had us beat by 6 points, the reality is that there is much more between the two teams. time for us to throw some of the young emerging boys in at the deep end & let them learn. afraid to say it but we need a serious rebuilding the next couple of years. anyhow up the 'Dall!!!!