Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

5-17 -1-11. Brilliant second half performance. Well chuffed. :)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Sleeping giant

i am myself :)  good to get that one out of the way.   
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Milltown Row2

Great wee first half, dreadfull second half, I said 15 points I was wrong. Loughgiel always looked as if they could score a goal with every attack. Armstrong was brilliant for Rossa in the first half died a bit in the second half but you need more than one forward to win a match.

All the usual suspects for Loughgiel played well, Does Dim Dim have something on PJ :o? always gets a game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 05, 2012, 05:15:10 PM
Great wee first half, dreadfull second half, I said 15 points I was wrong. Loughgiel always looked as if they could score a goal with every attack. Armstrong was brilliant for Rossa in the first half died a bit in the second half but you need more than one forward to win a match.

All the usual suspects for Loughgiel played well, Does Dim Dim have something on PJ :o? always gets a game

He was terrible.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on August 05, 2012, 05:17:49 PM

He was terrible.

I don't get it, maybe our friends from Loughgiel can enlighten us
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sleeping giant

wee dig at me?? :)    after past 10/12 years am always expecting the worst.   maybe the lads have turned the corner!!  thank god!!!    in fairness to dim dim. he is always at training and puts in great effort. so why doesnt he deserve game time.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on August 05, 2012, 05:21:44 PM

wee dig at me?? :)    after past 10/12 years am always expecting the worst.   maybe the lads have turned the corner!!  thank god!!!    in fairness to dim dim. he is always at training and puts in great effort. so why doesnt he deserve game time.

I know that, we've loads a lads who way into training for our seniors but they never start!!

Loughgiel have way too much space in midfield, they are a serious fit team. I'd say they are as fit as our senior football team.

No danger in getting to another final

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on August 05, 2012, 05:42:35 PM
No shame.

Disappointing scoreline but a fair reflection on where the two teams are. Will give more later but have to say, Kettle hurled his ballix off for us.
Well done Loch gCaol by the way. Upped it and we couldn't cope.

He did, plucked some ball from the sky

saffron89

didn't bother goin as i knew the result would have been around that, hear the game was a non event.  Surprised with the half time score, saw rossa a few times in league this year, reckon they will give glenariffe a good run.  Shamrocks will get it a little tighter against their north antrim neighbours.  suppose that game would be glenaravel or cushendall area ???? might try to make it.  hopefully be something else along with it and it could be a damp squib.  hear sars beat in championship, a bit surprising

north aontroim gael

Quote from: Sleeping giant on August 05, 2012, 05:21:44 PM

No he doesn't and no he doesn't!

maxpower

Don't see the need to single out a player for abuse for getting game time! Hardly his fault!
What happens next????

btdtgtt

Ok lads let me first of all say I was not at the loughiel rossa game so cannot cast any personal judgement!

Was Talkin to a few neutrals and basically their slant was that Rossa gave a huge effort first half and deserve huge credit - but 2nd half loughiel simply moved up a gear which Rossa couldn't match and were able to be show boating at the end. Is that a fair summary SIE / HS?

On the whole that would be what many of us on the site predicted.

The Rossa boys are somewhat upbeat HS (hindsight shows it was clever to focus on Glenarrife now) and team spirit is never something Rossa lads have a problem with! Are your Yankee boys back soon? Bad news on Hamill injury he's given some service wouldn't wish that on anyone and a blow for your team. I think Rossa can beat the oisins in Belfast - but I think home advantage will be enough to push them over the line in waterfoot - minder?

As for loughiel doesn't sound like we can read much into yesterday - shamrocks wont be tested until the final. Anyone any thoughts on the dall / dunloy?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: maxpower on August 06, 2012, 09:15:01 AM
Don't see the need to single out a player for abuse for getting game time! Hardly his fault!

No abuse from me, just wondering how he gets on such a good team, Loughgiel would have better players than him on the sideline.

NAG1

Does this back up my statement a while back, that a competitive Div 2 doesnt necessarily mean a better Div 2?

btdtgtt

I see your point NAG.

I watch more div2 than div1 because of the Belfast slant and it's a great league.

However the standard is way off that of the shamrocks cushendall & dunloy.
No debate - that's fact.

But the point I think that some posters make is that outside of those three teams the rest are similar in standard to the top div2 teams. There's basically a big group of teams at a similar standard regardless of leagues & positions.

Mind you - I am not sure what relevance that is either! The leagues are what they are!