Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeping giant

id be really shocked if we dont win mr2 but f**k me,  15,   are you on drugs lad,   sure give me rossa +10 for a friendly bet then ;D
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on August 02, 2012, 11:36:53 PM
id be really shocked if we dont win mr2 but f**k me,  15,   are you on drugs lad,   sure give me rossa +10 for a friendly bet then ;D

Honestly?? Be well surprised, be tight for 20 minutes but after that Loughgiel will tack on 16/17 points plus a couple of goals
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

I didnt realise that acronym was difficult HS!
I am not always negative about Rossa am I? I remem posting about your recent good run and congratulating Shannon & Hamill did I not?

In truth tho - with Rossa are not the team they were going into this fixture last year (injuries and holidays) whilst the shamrocks have without doubt moved to a new level. Sorry if that sounds negative HS but I think it will be reflected on Sunday.

I am not anti-Rossa (have relative currently playing underage) but they frustrate me not being at the level of say 2004 and before. The conveyor belt seems to be stopping early no? Successful underage players recently are not proving successful seniors?
Let's hope I am proved wrong.

Sleeping giant

i see it being tight, id take it your way mr2, but wel see!!   what way do we see the other games going?
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

NAG1

Where is the game and what time?

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

CitySlicker11

It is probably in and around the margin of 10 players that Rossa will be missing from their panel this weekend through different reasons I am told. However, apparently they are training away and most of these should all be available for the upcoming Glenariffe games. I hope this is true as Belfast hurling needs another team in the top flight, after it looking likely that St Johns have secured their spot, fair play. Also in terms of the development of the Rossa team being in Div 1 is much more important than a championship at the minute.

Saffrongael

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on August 03, 2012, 02:38:08 PM
It is probably in and around the margin of 10 players that Rossa will be missing from their panel this weekend through different reasons I am told. However, apparently they are training away and most of these should all be available for the upcoming Glenariffe games. I hope this is true as Belfast hurling needs another team in the top flight, after it looking likely that St Johns have secured their spot, fair play. Also in terms of the development of the Rossa team being in Div 1 is much more important than a championship at the minute.

Why does Belfast hurling need another team in Div 1? You hear this sort of thing all the time. As for the development of the team, if they are good enough they will get into Div 1 and stay there, if they arent they wont. I actually dont think Div 1 will do Rossa or Oisins any good next year.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

CitySlicker11

Quote from: Saffrongael on August 03, 2012, 03:26:36 PM
Why does Belfast hurling need another team in Div 1? You hear this sort of thing all the time. As for the development of the team, if they are good enough they will get into Div 1 and stay there, if they arent they wont. I actually dont think Div 1 will do Rossa or Oisins any good next year.

Well I feel it would be good for any hurling area, same for North Antrim. It promotes competition and will encourage the rest of the teams to try and get up to their level. In terms of Rossa I believe that it would improve them as it would expose more of their hurlers to Div 1 pace hurling and be good in terms of developing a team that in a few years time is capable of pushing for championships.

I think it is a no brainer really as to why it would be a good idea, and you are either blind or an idiot if you disagree.

Saffrongael

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on August 03, 2012, 03:50:31 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on August 03, 2012, 03:26:36 PM

Well I feel it would be good for any hurling area, same for North Antrim. It promotes competition and will encourage the rest of the teams to try and get up to their level. In terms of Rossa I believe that it would improve them as it would expose more of their hurlers to Div 1 pace hurling and be good in terms of developing a team that in a few years time is capable of pushing for championships.

I think it is a no brainer really as to why it would be a good idea, and you are either blind or an idiot if you disagree.

Do you not think those other Belfast teams would have aspirations of Div 1 hurling, St Galls for example, would do anything differently if Rossa managed it? As for the pace of hurling in Div 1, it wont make the Rossa players better just because they are in Div 1, it isnt some sort of promised land where the players miraculously improve, and it wont develop a team if the players arent good enough. If the players are good enough and have the right attitude, and are coached well at Rossa they will improve, not because they are in Div 1.

In case you are unaware of it, your opinion isnt the only one out there.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

CitySlicker11

Well that's where I believe you are wrong, yes a lot of it would be down to the work their own players and management put in on the training field, however, the experience of playing a faster, better style of hurling will naturally improve the players. The same debate is going on at national level as teams such as Limerick for example are still playing their hurling in Div 1B. There are also a lot of others out there that hold the same views.

Saffrongael

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on August 03, 2012, 04:03:21 PM
Well that's where I believe you are wrong, yes a lot of it would be down to the work their own players and management put in on the training field, however, the experience of playing a faster, better style of hurling will naturally improve the players. The same debate is going on at national level as teams such as Limerick for example are still playing their hurling in Div 1B. There are also a lot of others out there that hold the same views.

Well you are entitled to your opinion but i will leave it at this, how has it served Antrim in the last 20 years when they have went up against vastly superior teams in Div 1 playing a better standard of hurling? If you arent producing the players it doesent matter how high a level you are playing at, you will be exposed. Limerick are a different kettle of fish, they are not a million miles away from the top 3 or 4 and are obviously producing a high calibre of player.

CitySlicker11

Fair enough to leave it here but one last point, as has been discussed on here before, there are a number of teams in Div1 that would be of similar standard to those at the top of the Div 2. St Johns, Dunloy, Ballycastle and all of the Down teams, along with Rossa, St Galls and Glenariffe could all take points from each other.

theskull1

Any sarsfields contributers care to comment on how your last season in Div1 improved youse? Seemed to have the opposite effect. Div1 promotion suits an up and coming ambitious team with a decent juvenile system. 
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on August 03, 2012, 09:25:03 PM

Any sarsfields contributers care to comment on how your last season in Div1 improved youse? Seemed to have the opposite effect. Div1 promotion suits an up and coming ambitious team with a decent juvenile system.

Correct, you need the talent coming through, St Johns though seem to be the opposite to this point, plenty talent but it never sees the light of day at Corrigan.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea