Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffron89

was talking to a mate who was at the oisins V sars

he said it was a good battle though oisins were well worth their victory.  He said a sars manager got the line for cursing to the referee.
looks like the glenariffe lads are going to win the league, though Rossa could beat them twice, stranger things have happened.  mate (admittedly a sars man) reckoned they could of had them.  he said there forwards were pretty toothless.  the sars conceded a soft goal.

manballandall

You have mates Saff ?

the colonel

County seeking internal applications for both managerial positions with the holders of both positions being considered

If Baker wants the football job I can't see it being changed. For Hurling- god knows
the difference between success and failure is energy

btdtgtt

Are we allowed to have a county team without sambo involved in some way colonel?

the colonel

Quote from: btdtgtt on July 24, 2012, 10:59:12 AM
Are we allowed to have a county team without sambo involved in some way colonel?

Certainly...... but have we men beating down the door to be involved?

manballandall

Has anybody any serious suggestions for a manager ?

Is it fair to say that a cushendall, shamrocks or Dunloy man wouldnt get the support of all the players due to the rivalry , silly as it may be ?.
Eg: Would PJ (Not o Hare) be a good county manager and get the support of Dall/Dunloy players ?
Do we have to get an outside manager to avoid the internal rivalry or would a city manager not face the same problems as a North antrim manager ?

Are there any good young managers out there in any of the clubs that we are not aware of ?
I would like to see a youngish manager in place with fresh ideas and a fresh approach.

Gerard Rogan seems to be doing a decent enough job with Derry considering the resources at his disposal.

Mickey Mc Cullough still looking HS  :)
MR2 interested or are you tied up with refereeing now ?

johnneycool

Quote from: manballandall on July 24, 2012, 11:20:39 AM

Is it fair to say that a cushendall, shamrocks or Dunloy man wouldnt get the support of all the players due to the rivalry , silly as it may be ?.
Eg: Would PJ (Not o Hare) be a good county manager and get the support of Dall/Dunloy players ?
Do we have to get an outside manager to avoid the internal rivalry or would a city manager not face the same problems as a North antrim manager ?

Are there any good young managers out there in any of the clubs that we are not aware of ?
I would like to see a youngish manager in place with fresh ideas and a fresh approach.

Gerard Rogan seems to be doing a decent enough job with Derry considering the resources at his disposal.

rogie, Jonty Johnson and Crossey all have experience at managing intercounty teams. Would none of them get a look in?

NAG1

Quote from: johnneycool on July 24, 2012, 11:28:06 AM

rogie, Jonty Johnson and Crossey all have experience at managing intercounty teams. Would none of them get a look in?

JC none of these are respected (Bar Rogie but for different reasons) by hurling people in Antrim. These are not the type of people that we should be looking to recruit to run our Flag Ship team.

btdtgtt

Hardstation I am not sure McCullough has the necessary experience especially given his times to date so far and the baggage left - only taken one senior hurling team and how did that work out!

For Rogan I really don't think a "decent" job with a county at Derry standard should be considered as preparation of our county job.

Crossey has never been really considered suitable for the spin/PR side both in and outside the county - despite having better credentials than both the above.

I think you might be on to something with Mickey Johnston however.
He has some experience, a plethora of contacts in the south, and I would say for his own promotion would not be looking a big pay check to scare off the county money men.

Either that or back to Dinny - with sambo in some role of course!
Or is there another random southern accent that will clock up a few miles to use Antrim as a stepping stone - not that it's worked for previous incumbents.

the colonel

Quote from: hardstation on July 24, 2012, 11:29:52 AM
They probably should do but we prefer complete bluffers in Antrim.

And who is this a dig at?

manballandall

Correct HS, it was my initial suggestion but a bit toungue in cheek which i believe HS picked up on unlike some :)

saffron89

would be ecstatic to see Dinny cahill in as a coach (but coaching role only)

manager none of the above (though who wants it????)

some kn**ker about the greater Dublin area would be ideal as journey around 1hr and half which is not too bad

is Nicky English ready to dip his toe back in the water again????

Reckon Dubs would love him but Daly will give it one more year

Sambo let him stick to minors, with McCullough in there with him.

can't wait to hear SIE's views on PJ for the hot seat.

the colonel

Quote from: hardstation on July 24, 2012, 11:46:33 AM
Quote from: the colonel on July 24, 2012, 11:43:17 AM

Wallis, Sambo........you decide.

Bluffer?? Wind your neck in. The former made a mess of things however how much grief has Dick O'Kane got over him walking away? Sambo gets beaten with the same stick over and over again. And hopefully he only keeps on one job next year- managing our u12s

the colonel

Quote from: hardstation on July 24, 2012, 12:06:06 PM
Quote from: the colonel on July 24, 2012, 12:02:58 PM
Quote from: hardstation on July 24, 2012, 11:46:33 AM
Quote from: the colonel on July 24, 2012, 11:43:17 AM

Wallis, Sambo........you decide.

Bluffer?? Wind your neck in. The former made a mess of things however how much grief has Dick O'Kane got over him walking away? Sambo gets beaten with the same stick over and over again. And hopefully he only keeps on one job next year- managing our u12s
Last year our minors walked Ulster. This year's team was backboned by many of the same players that backboned last year's team. This year's team was supposedly better than last year's team (which is why Sambo took it but wouldn't touch it last year). Bate by Down.

Pathetic.

You seem the pathetic one with your constant belittling of someone who I would be sure has given Antrim far more service than yourself.

Supposedly better doesn't cut it. The big players were poor and believed too much in their own hype. This year, several players wouldn't train, refused to wear certain numbers, slept in for Ulster Finals. Players needed to take a good look at themselves and I include some of our own who wouldn't go. Down were a good team and I'd say they never get the credit they deserved.

manballandall

A bit touchy there colonel...is it not a reflection on any manager though if players wont commit to him ?