Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: NAG1 on June 19, 2012, 09:46:09 AM
From what I have been told, one of the Ballycastle players was yellow carded - took exception this and continued verbally insulting the Ref, his brother then joined in and it ended up with both being Red carded. MMcS got involved at this point and one of the previously mentioned players had to be restrained from trying to get at the Ref.

The game was Abandoned with 58 mins played  :-\

The Ports were six points up at this stage as well.

Seamroga in exile

Points to portaferry then.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

NAG1

Not just as straight forward as that SIE, they will have to appeal the decision to abandon etc so will have to go to committee and back and forward around them for a few months more than likely.

oisinog

Quote from: NAG1 on June 19, 2012, 10:53:01 AM
Not just as straight forward as that SIE, they will have to appeal the decision to abandon etc so will have to go to committee and back and forward around them for a few months more than likely.

Is there not something about how long has been played.

I remember hearing if there was less than 10 mins to go the match would be awarded to the winning team

johnneycool

Points aside, the two lads, one who refused to leave the field after being shown a red (two yellows) and another player entering the field of play after being previously red carded could face hefty suspensions.

Ballycastle would be getting off lightly enough if its only two points they lose.

btdtgtt

It all sounds like a helluva lot of meetings to come and a long time before this one is resolved!

NAG1

In fairness I wouldn't like to be heading in front of any committee at the moment with a verbal or physical assault on the Ref on rap sheet.

Buswhacker

These two Ballycastle players have always had an attitude problem..........if the town want to progress they need to get their act together soon.

Lecale2

Quote from: NAG1 on June 19, 2012, 11:31:28 AM
In fairness I wouldn't like to be heading in front of any committee at the moment with a verbal or physical assault on the Ref on rap sheet.

Quite right too!

btdtgtt

I don't think there is any choice but to be heading in front of a Committee!

The Town to argue over the punishment, and likely Portaferry to claim the points.

Last Man

Quote from: btdtgtt on June 19, 2012, 01:31:41 PM

I don't think there is any choice but to be heading in front of a Committee!

The Town to argue over the punishment, and likely Portaferry to claim the points.
They'll have to take their medicine like any other club who finds themselves in this position I'd say

Seamroga in exile

it'll probably end up being replayed at the end of it all.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

johnneycool

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 19, 2012, 07:45:31 PM
it'll probably end up being replayed at the end of it all.

Or just replay the remaining 5 minutes with the scores as it stands??

A bit harsh on my good friends in Portaferry otherwise.

NAG1

Don't think in this circumstance replaying the game would be a viable option. Would lead to murder, sure any team getting beat with a couple of mins to go just kick off and get the game abandoned, dangerous precedent.

Big suspensions and a fine for the two points to portaferry and as you were.

optimus cheese

Anyone know what happened at the hurling 'trial' last night?