Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

This is embarassing.

Onthehill

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 08, 2012, 06:28:37 PM
This is embarassing.

Position went to the mans head. I'm sure he's wont be making any more paper statements any time soon.

There is also another point to this. He has brought the GAA and RTE into disripute and if I'm correct in saying this is punishable under the rules of the association?

manballandall

No manager would touch antrim

Seamroga in exile

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

saffron89

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 08, 2012, 06:42:36 PM
Jim is busy too.

Babs would have the time.  :P

Jerry fooled judging panel regards the 21s that's how he got it over dinny.  Dinny more interested in the over 21s if u get my drift.  Not necessarily male either

Jeepers Creepers

If previous 'potential suitors' cited other commitments for stepping aside from the back room setup, will we now see more statements being retracted?

Buswhacker

Who will want the Antrim job now ?. It's always been a thankless task working with  panel of players who never seemed to be fully committed for long.As I've always said more interest in club than county.

btdtgtt

I know bushwacker but if u were a current senior club hurler the chances are u are going to get more out of club hurling than county - especially if u play for loughiel or cushendall. That's just a fact.

No chance Nelson would risk any reputation he might have for a drubbing off limerick. But would anyone else?

If sambo doesn't take it (the man can't resist the spotlight) then I am at a loss - maybe a salaried county coach coerced into it?

Jeepers Creepers

Sambos commitment to the minors as he has stated rules him out...

btdtgtt

Anyone think a certain Mickey Johnston might land the job of his dreams by default?

Antrim no other option? He can't resist the opportunity?

Sleeping giant

Thankless job for sure,  but who ever it is IMO has to be an ex Antrim man with a bit of pride in the f**king jersey and sit the hole lot of them down and show them that the jersey is saffron and white.   no red/white no maroon/white or any other colours.   play for the f**king county and not themselves.   bit of drive and passion,   cause the shite that has went on since the national league finished is a total joke,   no matter who was or was not involved
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Hoof Hearted

What about PJ OMullan ? 3 trophies in the last 8 months ! Hard to beat that i would imagine. Roberto di Matteo comes close with 2 trophies in 4 months but he knows f**k all about hurling !

Not joking either, but as an avid follower of this thread, and antrim hurling, then there is more chance of Di Matteo getting the job.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Two Hands FFS

For the rest of this season for a new manager it's a no lose situation. He is probably only gonna be in charge for 3 weeks. No-one will expect Antrim to get within 15-20 points of Limerick(you would think).

Young Gael

Sure you boys would be right. What would a Cork man or a Tipp man before him know about hurling. The amount of boys yous have to manage a county team, why listen to anyone else? All those Ulster championships under the belt, didn't get those without knowing something. Maybe yous could send some one down to Munster to help us along. Great county, such pride, what a tradition, what a role of honour. Yous are certainly going the right way about things there.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Young Gael on June 08, 2012, 11:50:47 PM
Sure you boys would be right. What would a Cork man or a Tipp man before him know about hurling. The amount of boys yous have to manage a county team, why listen to anyone else? All those Ulster championships under the belt, didn't get those without knowing something. Maybe yous could send some one down to Munster to help us along. Great county, such pride, what a tradition, what a role of honour. Yous are certainly going the right way about things there.
How did your Munster club champions get on this year young gael?  We're doing some things right up here. ;)

Anyhow, I think the general consensus is that JW was a mistake. He made all the right noises but ultimately knew feck all about hurling in this county. I have to agree that the next manager should come from within, but not Sambo. The man causes division whether he means to or not. It's a tough one.

I can also categorically state that Pj is most definitely not interested in it at the minute. He's too busy with Loughgiel.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"