Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buswhacker

MR....... you've be filling this forum with shite for years so no better man to recognise it. You pontificate about every subject under the Sun with your patronising attitude.You're so far up you're own behind you don't even know when someone is stirring it.
Get a life Mr. Know All.

Move er on

Watched the highlights on Sunday game. Dues to wm- young hungry team. Hunger and nothing to fear looked like it brought them over the line. Antrim seemed flat and caught on the hop. Wm done to Antrim what antrim would have been hoping to do to one of the top six.

Buswhacker

That's got the hardliners going!

" Inter club bullshit".....listen to who's talking .

Paranoid..moi ????

faughs

Surprised the town only beat by 3 especially with the injuries they have at the minute - if they can get all players fit for championship they will be hard to beat - hear ryan mcgarry is coming back to do nets too.

not an awful lot of surprise results this weekend at club level - ourselves beating sarsfields by so much was surprising given the start that they have made this year.

What is happening with gorts this year?

Buswhacker

Hardstation....I would think you know more about stoning buses than me.....am I right or am I right ?

Could be wrong ...you probably never stoned a bus in you're life !!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Buswhacker on May 20, 2012, 11:18:45 PM
Hardstation....I would think you know more about stoning buses than me.....am I right or am I right ?

No, you are full of shite, not just my opinion by the way :D

ya'll be jumping the wire next ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Buswhacker

Wired up are yez??

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: faughs on May 20, 2012, 11:14:08 PM
Surprised the town only beat by 3 especially with the injuries they have at the minute - if they can get all players fit for championship they will be hard to beat - hear ryan mcgarry is coming back to do nets too.

not an awful lot of surprise results this weekend at club level - ourselves beating sarsfields by so much was surprising given the start that they have made this year.

What is happening with gorts this year?
Hippy was back today, came on as a sub with 20 to go so dont think they were missing that many. Think Cushendall were missing a few.

Forever Green

This thread is some craic   :D

NAG1

Poor poor result at the weekend, where do they go from here?

Lets be realistic we arent in a position to think that we can just go to the likes of WM and take a handy win away. Their result against Galway last year should have alarm bells ringing but obviously not loud enough.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: NAG1 on May 21, 2012, 09:04:00 AM
Poor poor result at the weekend, where do they go from here?

Lets be realistic we aren't in a position to think that we can just go to the likes of WM and take a handy win away. Their result against Galway last year should have alarm bells ringing but obviously not loud enough.

Jesus lads better not get to complacent here, these boys ran galway close last year, i know we tanked them at casement but they could be a different animal at home

I posted this last Thursday when most on here was saying we will win this pulling up. In hindsight this was always on the cards as a possible. we had selectors walking,bad turn outs in training and the manager storming of home from training. in the league this year v Clare,offaly and limerick we averaged 12 points per game and that's what scored again. we are 4 to 5 players short of a decent team mostly in the forwards. where to go from here, we just keep plugging away. Tomorrow night at training is going to be the most important session of the year, if the players all turn up have a chat and collectively take a good hard look at themselves and regroup for qualifiers. If there is anything in them you like to think they are a wounded animal at the minute. As for Jerry Wallis well the jury is out at the moment the players had to get him but now there not responding to him. He id maybe a good coach but management is a different kettle all together
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Buswhacker

We're at the same place we've always been, always threatening to do better. We get one or two good results and then collapse back in to mediocrity.We just don't have the pool of players or backup to do better.It would make no difference who the manager was, Cody would get the same results. Every 50 years or so a good pool of players comes along and we do well for a couple of years,but there is no steady flow of talent like the major hurling counties have. And where are the supporters, with some exceptions they only show when we're winning.

Yeah

Shambles on Saturday, complete and utter shambles. These lads just arent good enough. Loughgeil showed he way in March but theses boys have got us right back to square one! I didnt even know half the boys starting on that team on Saturday and that really tells the story.
Gods Country= Glenshesk, North Antrim!!

the colonel

Where to start........

First half while not great wasn't all bad. Couple of nice scores taken. Couple of players seemed to be struggling with the pace of the game.

Second half was just awful. To be slightly fair to the players they were trying to carry out the tactic that the manager wanted them to work on. We just sat back and waited for Westmeath to come at us. I hate seeing a spare man used so defensively. Should have used the spare man around the middle where we were really struggling to get a hold of the ball.

Shane really struggled after getting that hit in the first half and wasn't the same. Neil McA and Eddie looked as if they were struggling with fitness. Ball going into Watson was put way out to the corner and by the time he got it, there was little he could do. I thought Darren Hamill was harshly taken off, and was streets ahead of the whole half forward who were all brutal. Neil McM was good in the first half but was trying to overplay in the second. Even DD didn't look comfortable, I have never seen him blocking down so many high balls. Subs should have been made earlier.

As regards to the fight with Watson and not backing him up. It was completely off the ball and not many would have seen it. Deliberate tactic by WM. As soon as it was noticed Hippy, Shane and McFall were straight onto the scene as proven by RTE last night. Sambo entered the ptich to assist Watson with a bit of a tussle late in the second half so some boys are full of shit. I thought some of the WM players, officials and some supporters in the stands were animals

Our game last night v Ballycastle was a real good game. Some good scores. Ballycastle were very direct in getting the ball into their FF line. We struggled first 10 minutes or so but got to grips shortly after. Conor Carson has been excellent in the last few games for us and game Pinky a torrid time, hitting about 3/4 points. With Hippy back for the next game I would say Carson should be moved up. If JW took the opinions of Colly McFall senior and Sambo seriously he would have been told how good CC was last night and in recent games at wing forward.
the difference between success and failure is energy

Yeah

Quote from: Buswhacker on May 21, 2012, 10:08:49 AM
We're at the same place we've always been, always threatening to do better. We get one or two good results and then collapse back in to mediocrity.We just don't have the pool of players or backup to do better.It would make no difference who the manager was, Cody would get the same results. Every 50 years or so a good pool of players comes along and we do well for a couple of years,but there is no steady flow of talent like the major hurling counties have. And where are the supporters, with some exceptions they only show when we're winning.

I think it would. I think the current management and certain players are just simply out of their depth.
Gods Country= Glenshesk, North Antrim!!