Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Hands FFS

It would be a huge ask to play someone in Full Back if they have never played there ie Micko(poor under a high ball). Graffin has at least played there a good few times and done well. I'd leave McAuley & McManus out the pitch.

Milltown Row2

If I was lining out the team for Antrim it would be.
                            DD
McGourty       Micko        Graffin

McAuley  Neil McManus  Getten
               Stewart/McCrory

McCloskey   Watson    B. McFaul
McConnell   McNaughton   Scullion

The HF and FF lines could swap or move about as they have nearly all played in various positions for club and county before. Would have liked to have seen Casey from Loughgiel on that panel to see how he'd fair

Yes Two Hands ffs I'm with you on that one but would prefer us to have more balance to the team, Moving Micko into FB would do that as he hasn't had much fun in the forwards of late, playing in defence for his club last few years also. Again just a thought
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lonely1

Lads all this chat who plays where, under different scenarios etc etc, we should account for westmeath fairly easily and if not then it will be a poor performance and Wallace should pack the bags, their forward line is fairly handy with Clarke, Murtagh and Greville and a great keeper in Mc Govern but apart from that if we don't win comfortably with a high points tally then we are in big diffs for the next round.

Milltown Row2

Already stated, a ten point win should be the winning margin.

Galway next would be the the one to gauge our ability
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hurler24

I think the Loughgiel and Cushendall will be easy wins for them in the U21 Champ.But St Kevins vs St Johns and Ballycastle vs Rossa should be two super games of hurling.I would say two of the games of the year.Also noticed that the U21 County panel has been announced.Surely the selectors should have watched the U21 Champ and then named a panel from there?

NAG1

Am sure any players who arent involved but stand out will be asked onto the training panel anyway, seems logical.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hurler24 on May 02, 2012, 03:27:26 PM
I think the Loughgiel and Cushendall will be easy wins for them in the U21 Champ.But St Kevins vs St Johns and Ballycastle vs Rossa should be two super games of hurling.I would say two of the games of the year.Also noticed that the U21 County panel has been announced.Surely the selectors should have watched the U21 Champ and then named a panel from there?

Fair point Hurler24

oisinog

Quote from: Hurler24 on May 02, 2012, 03:27:26 PM

I am open for correction here

They are trying to get away from last years farce. From what I understand they have trained for a while and had quite a few trials to pick the U21 squad.

Milltown Row2

You're right Oisinog, they have had a few trail games, is Tosh looking after them? Dandered down to Jordanstown pitches one sat morning and watched them for a bit. We've a young lad who plays corner back for us, he's been brilliant for us this year and is under 21. Was injured at the start of the year so probably missed out on selection, which is unfortunate on him.

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 02, 2012, 04:13:28 PM
You're right Oisinog, they have had a few trail games, is Tosh looking after them? Dandered down to Jordanstown pitches one sat morning and watched them for a bit. We've a young lad who plays corner back for us, he's been brilliant for us this year and is under 21. Was injured at the start of the year so probably missed out on selection, which is unfortunate on him.

Tosh and a fella Simpson from St Galls, Danny I think.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 02, 2012, 02:41:47 PM
If I was lining out the team for Antrim it would be.
                            DD
McGourty       Micko        Graffin

McAuley  Neil McManus  Getten
               Stewart/McCrory

McCloskey   Watson    B. McFaul
McConnell   McNaughton  Scullion

The HF and FF lines could swap or move about as they have nearly all played in various positions for club and county before. Would have liked to have seen Casey from Loughgiel on that panel to see how he'd fair

Yes Two Hands ffs I'm with you on that one but would prefer us to have more balance to the team, Moving Micko into FB would do that as he hasn't had much fun in the forwards of late, playing in defence for his club last few years also. Again just a thought
Joey is no longer available MR2.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

El Plato

Getting personal lads, getting personal.  Can you not take a little bit of the jesting? Are you all beyond reproach also? Well not in my opinion.  :D

This reminds me why I don't buy the Andytown news, full of arm chair generals and the like and those starting to believe their own press. The ironic thing is this though , some of you honestly believe you are making a difference for the betterment and development of Antrim hurling.

"whats good for the goose" is also good for "The Duck"  ;)

Burke, McGourty or Graffin at full back , are you for real? Not one of them are competent/strong or competitive under a high dropping ball.  We really need somebody of the calibre of young Donnelly.
"I should have utilised the Spell Check" El Pato.

Buswhacker

Pity the Shamrocks back line is so poor, we could have used some of them !!

Move er on

Obviously you haven't watched them boys much at club level then EP or are you simply looking a response.

I should have introduced myself on my first post. Long term browser of the site and have only recently decided to join and give my tupence worth on all things Antrim. Prefer the hurling but have been known to kick ball also.

El Plato

Quote from: lonely1 on May 02, 2012, 10:05:39 AM
Agree totally, but this idiot is dragging it down, should take a leaf out of the county website and just gas the F*** out this EP!
And who the fcuk are you ballbag?

Que for a fcukin song:

Are you lonesome tonight
Is your head full of sh1te
Are your testicles just drifting apart

Is your girl on the pill
Fcuks around with free will
No fcukin wonder your lonesome tonight!  :D

This gaaboard melarky is crap.  Im away back to Hoganstand, a better class of fuk-hir there, adios  ;D

"I should have utilised the Spell Check" El Pato.