Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrivatePile

I haerd about this from a few people, i heard Sambo came round blocked to Waterfoot looking for him.

Big Bob

Thats really big news!!!!!! So what if he did? People have their own private lives to lead. As long as he gives his all to the development and advancement of antrim hurling who cares what else he does. At the end of the day he is not getting paid for the job and he is not under contract.

Ruairi Og exile

I dont think Sambo & Kearns were fighting...they are pretty friendly. They were standing talking in our clubrooms after that match. Later that nite....a young fella from Cushendall(he doesnt hurl any more) was slabbering to Sambo, think Sambo was getting pretty angry, he went to the toilets & came back, the young fella was lying on the floor cos he then started on Kearns...wrong move. Maybe I'm wrong but thats what I heard

I also Heard Sambo & someone from Glenariffe were arguing that night but dont think they were boxing.

Anyway back to Hurling...Karl will be ok for Saturday...so Kettle out then??

imtommygunn

Although young Graffin is a good prospect it's pretty harsh to have him in front of Barney McAuley I'd have thought??

McAuley was near enough the best player last year. Clearly not a favourite of Sambo and Woody's though.

Tony Baloney

ROE are you saying the manager of the Antrim hurling team assaulted a member of the public in the toilets of his own pub?!  :o

girt_giggler

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 26, 2007, 02:06:20 PM
Although young Graffin is a good prospect it's pretty harsh to have him in front of Barney McAuley I'd have thought??

McAuley was near enough the best player last year. Clearly not a favourite of Sambo and Woody's though.

was thinking the exact same myself.

Big Bob

ROE is saying that 'S' went to the toilet and the other guy hit the other guy

Tony Baloney

Ah right I'm finding all this a bit confusing. Seems to be a mountain out of a molehill anyway. I'm sure the same was happening the country over after various matches!

I reckon Antrim could run Clare fairly close. Within 5 points would be a step in the right direction. I'd be shocked if they won though.

Big Bob

If Antrim get it right I think it will be an excellent match, and I honestly think Antrim could nick it by 3 or 4 points.

milltown row

Are Antrim really up to the intensity that has been shown in the games that have been played recently in the Munster Championship? I've yet to see Antrim ever play to that level and I've been watching more than a few years.  The closest (in recent years) was the Wexford game. Even with the four players missing Antrim will still find this game to be at a different level to what they have experienced.

I hope Antrim get the crowds for the game to roar them on. Watching the recent games the attendances have been great I just hope we don't have an empty Casement park

girt_giggler

Team announced: -

Ryan Mc Garry
Arron Graffin
Kieran Kelly
Sean Delargy
Michael Mc Cambridge
Johnny Campbell
Ciaran Herron
Karl Mc Keegan
Brendan Herron
Paddy Mc Gill
Neil Mc Manus
Michael Herron
Shane Mc Naughton
Johnny Mc Intosh
Paul Shiels

johnneycool

Quote from: girt_giggler on June 27, 2007, 08:50:44 AM
Team announced: -

Ryan Mc Garry
Arron Graffin
Kieran Kelly
Sean Delargy
Michael Mc Cambridge
Johnny Campbell
Ciaran Herron
Karl Mc Keegan
Brendan Herron
Paddy Mc Gill
Neil Mc Manus
Michael Herron
Shane Mc Naughton
Johnny Mc Intosh
Paul Shiels

A very heavy Cushendall contingent!!!!!!

Whitehair

Is that Shane Mc Naughton's first senior start?

Glensman

Not far off expected I suppose with maybe Shane McNaughton the only real surprise.

Agree about Barney being one of the most consistent over the past couple of years but I suppose its plain and simple and comes down to pace. What Antrim may lack in the finesse of some hurlers we can hopefully hide with speed.

Glad to see both and Mickey McCambridge and Pinky back in what I think are their best positions.

Balboa

Shane Mc Naughton???? Nepotism???