Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 19, 2012, 12:57:58 PM
Just watched the game again, with no distractions. couple of points: Loughgiel were cleaned out in midfield, Barney had his worst game of the year. Bar McCloskey in the HF line they were cleaned out there also. Joe Brady played better today (on replay) than i thought he did yesterday. Liam never touched leather from play until the 17th minute. and not again till the last few minutes. Not like him. The Loughgiel defence was immense throughout the game, and for me was the reason they won the match.

Coolderry had the lions share of possession in this game but could not create a goal opportunity bar the easy stop DD had to do in the second half.

As we all know goals win games, and Winker was outstanding when the opportunity came. the first goal, he started the move with a great handpass out to Casey and like a great forward followed it up by running into the danger area. His second was something we see at juvenile games when the best player has a pop at goal when you think he's going for a point, when hit right, they always go in. The 3rd goal was pure genius, kept his eye on the ball the whole time and showed a bit of bravery in tucking it away.

The Coolderry keeper was dung in fairness, should have come for Winkers 3rd goal and handling errors throughout the game.

I'm not being negative by the way lads, shows that Loughgiel still have room for improvement for next season which is worrying for the rest.

The midfielder brought on Dobbin, seemed a bit out of his depth and could have got a second yellow. Loughgiel did well and didn't panic at the start of the second half when they managed 5 scores,  which was the difference in the end.

that's a very accurate assessment, agree on all points the combination of a very poor goalkeeper(and dodgy full back line) and on currant form the best forward in ireland was the difference. I think eddy mc closkeys contribution in the first half was vital to the half time cushion
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 19, 2012, 12:57:58 PM
Just watched the game again, with no distractions. couple of points: Loughgiel were cleaned out in midfield, Barney had his worst game of the year. Bar McCloskey in the HF line they were cleaned out there also. Joe Brady played better today (on replay) than i thought he did yesterday. Liam never touched leather from play until the 17th minute. and not again till the last few minutes. Not like him. The Loughgiel defence was immense throughout the game, and for me was the reason they won the match.

Coolderry had the lions share of possession in this game but could not create a goal opportunity bar the easy stop DD had to do in the second half.

As we all know goals win games, and Winker was outstanding when the opportunity came. the first goal, he started the move with a great handpass out to Casey and like a great forward followed it up by running into the danger area. His second was something we see at juvenile games when the best player has a pop at goal when you think he's going for a point, when hit right, they always go in. The 3rd goal was pure genius, kept his eye on the ball the whole time and showed a bit of bravery in tucking it away.

The Coolderry keeper was dung in fairness, should have come for Winkers 3rd goal and handling errors throughout the game.

I'm not being negative by the way lads, shows that Loughgiel still have room for improvement for next season which is worrying for the rest./b[]

The midfielder brought on Dobbin, seemed a bit out of his depth and could have got a second yellow. Loughgiel did well and didn't panic at the start of the second half when they managed 5 scores,  which was the difference in the end.
The first thing big Neilly said to me was " we didn't even play that well. There's more than that in us". That about sums up the mentality of this team.

Our half forwards didn't stop running all day and left plenty of spaces for the forwards to utilise. Barney played well enough, blocked and cleared a lot of ball. Jc was brilliant, rmcc was brilliant, neilly was brilliant, Ding was brilliant..............I'll stop now.  :)  I wouldn't want to upset anyone.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Buswhacker

Make sure the TV is safe.Hear they're looking for one in Cushendall.

Last Man

Quote from: Buswhacker on March 19, 2012, 04:52:04 PM
Make sure the TV is safe.Hear they're looking for one in Cushendall.
I wonder what Phil Coulter has to say about the blatant plagiarism shown on last nights news. ;D

Buswhacker

Hear that the Cushendall TV story is not true.

Minder

Quote from: Buswhacker on March 19, 2012, 06:06:13 PM
Hear that the Cushendall TV story is not true.

What was the story?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Two Hands FFS

Watson steaming on the news

Seamroga in exile

He's not the only one, :). If anyone deserves a drink or two he does.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Two Hands FFS

No doubts about that!!!

btdtgtt

Anyone wanna share the cushendall story?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 19, 2012, 07:14:24 PM
Anyone wanna share the cushendall story?

What age are you?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Why what am I missing here?!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 19, 2012, 07:29:04 PM
Why what am I missing here?!

Is it a hurling debate or what goes on in a bar? Loughgiel have just won the top prize and you're fishing for crap.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Jesus mr2 someone posted something about cushendall I asked what it meant - what da f**k is ur problem with that and how is it fishing for crap? Should I run all posts by you or u just wanna talk to urself on the forum?

the colonel

Its obvious the best team on the day won. I would agree with Milltowns outlook on the game. What Loughgiel had over Coolderry was that they were clinical. Watson didn't get the ball as much as he probably have liked but he surely made it count when he did. Obviously it was wise to keep as much ball away from Joe Brady as possible and I think only one poc-out went down the centre. He cleaned up what ball went his way but he was never going to be able to win much out the wings. I don't think he was given time to actually pick out a pass as he was quickly closed down.

Coolderry had got inside the Loughgiel FB line a couple of times in first 15 mins or so but their touch seriously let them down. Coolderry keeper and full back were bomb scares.
the difference between success and failure is energy