Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffron sam2

My cousin played camogie for Loughgiel and Antrim.  Can I leap upon the bandwagon?

Well done Shamrocks.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Minder

Quote from: saffron sam2 on March 17, 2012, 09:08:29 PM
My cousin played camogie for Loughgiel and Antrim.  Can I leap upon the bandwagon?

Well done Shamrocks.

Jump on. Met quite a few of them in the Canal Court with jester hats.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Seamroga in exile

Jump on? No problem. Boys here from ballymena, cushendun, dunloy, dall randalstown. I think I even seen a Toome man there. Sure the craic is only starting.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

saffron sam2

Thanks folks. Aff ta git pished.

Tony Baloney

Despite getting into double figures I thought Watson was quiet today. Both full back lines were poor, the difference was Loughgiel took and buried their goal chances.

Hoof Hearted

well done Loughuile. Congrats. Unfortunately i dont know anyone personally from there so cant justify going to the Pound for a celebration. Maybe get to the Bridge or Village Inn this night next year  ;)

Have a great night, well deserved.

PS - With a great  team like that, and throw in the best from dunloy, the dall and the best of the rest, should Antrim not be doing better ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Last Man

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 17, 2012, 09:57:54 PM
Despite getting into double figures I thought Watson was quiet today. Both full back lines were poor, the difference was Loughgiel took and buried their goal chances.
Just in the door 3/4 tore, cant agree that l'giels fback line were poor but will concede c'derry's did not show. Coolderry didnt threaten a major while the shams took every chance they got. Thought young McCarry showed great composure for the first goal
and while the coolderry fwd unit appeared to move ball quicker they were adequately held.
Watson(quality player end of story) in the inside fwd line clearly rattled the coolderry back line, and they were  ilprepared to adapt, the yellow carded tackle on him from the FB spoke volumes.
Overall a job well done by PJ and the boys and congratulations to all Loughgiel hurling people on this fantastic achievement.

orangeman

Well done Loughgiel. Great win and when they look at the trophy tonight and see the names of great clubs who won it recently and historically, they can be justly proud of their acheivement.

Last Man

Quote from: Last Man on March 17, 2012, 10:36:17 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 17, 2012, 09:57:54 PM
Just in the door 3/4 tore, cant agree that l'giels fback line were poor but will concede c'derry's did not show. Coolderry didnt threaten a major while the shams took every chance they got. Thought young McCarry showed great composure for the first goal
and while the coolderry fwd unit appeared to move ball quicker they were adequately held.
Watson(quality player end of story) in the inside fwd line clearly rattled the coolderry back line, and they were  ilprepared to adapt, the yellow carded tackle on him from the FB spoke volumes.
Overall a job well done by PJ and the boys and congratulations to all Loughgiel hurling people on this fantastic achievement.
sorry meant Casey for the 1st goal

Gold

Great win. Difference was the goal chances were taken by the Shamrocks. At the start of both halves Culderry looked like they may open up and get in for goals but they never really did and any time they did shots werent hit with conviction. They were in for goal in the first minute but hit it wide. Had they ever got ahead of Loughiel i fear the Shamrocks may have been in trouble.

Watson wasnt on the ball that much but every time he was, he was effective. His first goal he started and finished and the next 2 were awesome. What a free he struck to the net, i was hoping he'd take the point.

In the 2nd half he didnt see it much but when he did he drew frees or took a score (one of which however was clearly wide but who cares!) when they were needed so for me he was as clear a man of the match as you'll ever see.

Number 4 for Shamrocks was great all day too.

Shamrocks 2 corner forwards were getting beaten to most balls in 2nd half, the ball wouldnt stick anytime it went to them, they were being marked by physically superior players and i thought it would be Loughgiel's undoing. But to be fair 15 got the 1st goal and the 2 wee boys made a couple of big plays near the end when scores were needed.

Loughgiel's tackling was brilliant, Culderry couldnt get a strike at goal

What a win.

Unimaginable what it would be like bringing an All Ireland Senior Club back to your club

Magic for Antrim and Ulster Hurling.

Great game, hard to watch a slow football game after watching a good game of hurling

The 6 pundits in the programme fairly got it wrong!

Congrats Loughgiel, awesome team and awesome support
Loughgiel fairly milked the post game celebrations--they wouldnt leave the pitch --still on it 10 mins after the footballers were out warming up! Funniest thing was a wee Loughiel fella about 6yo who was with the team during the celebrations running accross the pitch to from the pitch from Hogan to Cusuck on his own with a hurl as if he owned the place--about 15mins after the footballers were out warming up--tbf i'd till be on the pitch celebratin if i was ever so lucky!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Seamroga in exile

Winker was wild quiet. Only 3-07 in an all ireland club final.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

saffron sam2

Quote from: Gold on March 17, 2012, 10:45:33 PM
Great win. Difference was the goal chances were taken by the Shamrocks. At the start of both halves Culderry looked like they may open up and get in for goals but they never really did and any time they did shots werent hit with conviction. They were in for goal in the first minute but hit it wide. Had they ever got ahead of Loughiel i fear the Shamrocks may have been in trouble.

Watson wasnt on the ball that much but every time he was, he was effective. His first goal he started and finished and the next 2 were awesome. What a free he struck to the net, i was hoping he'd take the point.

In the 2nd half he didnt see it much but when he did he drew frees or took a score (one of which however was clearly wide but who cares!) when they were needed so for me he was as clear a man of the match as you'll ever see.

Shamrocks 2 corner forwards were getting beaten to most balls in 2nd half, the ball wouldnt stick anytime it went to them, they were being marked by physically superior players and i thought it would be Loughgiel's undoing. But to be fair 15 got the 1st goal and the 2 wee boys made a couple of big plays near the end when scores were needed.

What a win.

Unimaginable what it would be like bringing an All Ireland Senior Club back to your club

Great game, hard to watch a slow football game after watching a good game of hurling

Loughgiel fairly milked the post game celebrations--they wouldnt leave the pitch --still on it 10 mins after the footballers were out warming up! Funniest thing was a wee Loughiel fella about 6yo who was with the team during the celebrations running accross the pitch to from the pitch from Hogan to Cusuck on his own with a hurl as if he owned the place--about 15mins after the footballers were out warming up--tbf i'd till be on the pitch celebratin if i was ever so lucky!

Anyone who thought Watson was taking a point instead of going for his second goal is clearly a lunatic who knows fcuk all about anything.

Last Man

Quote from: Gold on March 17, 2012, 10:45:33 PM

What a win.

Agreed, very solid for a 19yr old debutant

Gold

Just thought at the time a point would keep the momentum going. Knew he'd go for goal. O'Mullan was shouting at him to take his point though. Great goal
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Tony Baloney

If Watson gets a decent stint with Antrim and there is any justice, Winker would get an All Star. At some stage these awarsds should be about the best players in the position not which teams get to the AIF.