Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxpower

Duffy is one of the best referee's about, have alot of time for him and how he talks to the players, shame if he is retiring
What happens next????

DearyMe

Draw is interesting, i wouldnt be too sure bout any of those games!Remember: shams only beat rossa by 2. dall only beat galls by 1!
Lamhs will be tough enough against Johns, but i would have to fancy Ballycastle!

Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

imtommygunn

Were ballycastle not very poor last year? I had heard they were - I doubt they'd have come on enough to challenge dunloy??

Seamroga in exile

I agree with tommygun. I'd fancy Dunloy to be much better this year with Mushy in charge. Probably beat the town with 5 or 6 to spare. McQuillans have a bit to go yet to be serious contenders.

I'll take Cushendall to beat St Galls by something similar, maybe more. It was obvious they hadn't done their homework on the same opposition last year and nearly got caught out. They didn't come to grips with them until the last 15 mins or so. I don't foresee the same thing happening this year.

Johnnies to beat lamh dearg by 3 or 4. I just think they have more quality hurlers where it counts.

I'd fancy us to beat Rossa by 5. We didn't do our prep work properly on them last year either. I can assure you it won't happen again. Oisins, I'm afraid, won't be a force to be reckoned with. Whoever wins between rossa and ourselves should get to the semis.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Sleeping giant

1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

clootfromthe21

Anybody have the Intermediate and Junior Hurling draws - didnt see any reference to them on twitter (other than the preliminary round of the intermediate)?

I see the Moderator on the Count Website is getting a bit testy again!!!

Seamroga in exile

I haven't looked at the county guestbook in months. What's annoying him now?

btdtgtt

Maybe instead of answering like a child on the guestbook - the county moderator should spend some time putting all the draws online! And the league fixtures!

Seamroga in exile

He probably doesn't have them to put up.

btdtgtt

But he should have them!

The draws are made so they could go up - and I am sure the league fixtures are later than ever in coming out?!

Although in fairness SIE you are still finishing your season rather than worrying about next!

Just think fixtures should be common knowledge at this stage - not least for guys trying to book holidays / work.

Magicsponge

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 28, 2012, 01:09:36 PM
I haven't looked at the county guestbook in months. What's annoying him now?

Glenravel, Davitts and Ardoyne dropped down to the JFC, a lot of people are giving off on the board about how they shouldn't be allowed to do this and he, as usual, is responding in a less than helpful manner. But to be fair it's not his fault they dropped down a level

Buswhacker

Shams are now a far fitter and more focused outfit than they were when they played the Antrim and Ulster finals.
They now have a belief in their own ability that they've been lacking for years. They know that on their day they can beat any club team in Ireland. Unless their main challengers in Antrim and Ulster can match this self belief and high standard of dedication,I can't see them being troubled too much in holding on to their titles, given that the draw has worked out in their favour.

maxpower

You make it easy to not like you
What happens next????

imtommygunn

Quote from: Buswhacker on February 28, 2012, 05:01:26 PM
Shams are now a far fitter and more focused outfit than they were when they played the Antrim and Ulster finals.
They now have a belief in their own ability that they've been lacking for years. They know that on their day they can beat any club team in Ireland. Unless their main challengers in Antrim and Ulster can match this self belief and high standard of dedication,I can't see them being troubled too much in holding on to their titles, given that the draw has worked out in their favour.

It's far too early to talk like that. They're not streets ahead of the rest and cushendall will have mcmanus back next year who they missed greatly in the county final.

That belief could all come crashing down post March the 17th too. I hope it doesn't but don't get too carried away with yourself just yet. That kind of talk usually comes back to haunt people.

saffronog

think Rossa and oisins would have been a better game with the winner having a little momentum before facing the might of reigning Antrim, Ulster and All-Ireland champions ???? Who knows.  i reckon on any given day rossa and oisins could get close.  Rossa certainly would have a better pedigree against the shams.  got to remember the county final, that game was in the balance for a long time.  However i reckon shams will be different animal this year.

ballycastle to beat dunloy and push Cushendall in a semi final but the Dall to prevail.  with Shams in final.  Again getting a little boring, just like Dunloy and Dall.  But shams to ultimately be victorious.    Though will they even be tested before September..PJ then to get key to the village. 

BTdtgtt  agree about county website and posting draws, the guy gives too much time to lads simply getting a rise out of him.