Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the colonel

The rest of the keepers that were left on the panel all played a part of a game on Monday night against Derry in Celtic Park, after watching that I think Wallace decided that he wasn't happy with the keepers he picked for his panel and then called CO'C for the game on Sunday, however I don't think that was the plan. Four keepers played 20 minutes each (SmcT, P Nugent, A.N Other and C McAlister from Cushendall). The game was for the Development Squad/U21's
the difference between success and failure is energy

JamesH

Am i not right in saying that Nugent is a minor Keeper, who wont do nets for the County minors yet was called onto the Senior panel? Minder RK did make the cut, and your correct if Wallace doesnt fancy him that's his opinion and the one that counts, what I'm saying is he should have the respect/balls to tell the player the truth instead of using his hospitalisation as an excuse. RK is the only keeper to have played in County finals(6) on the panel at the minute, or sorry was. Another real worry for Sunday is the forwards, cant see were the scores are going to come from to beat even a poor Wexford Team, Shane will be a marked man who will score a few and Pj chips in with important goals , but unless Karl can add scores i just don't believe the rest are up to it. Why is Shorty on bench?

Minder

Quote from: the colonel on February 23, 2012, 11:45:41 AM
The rest of the keepers that were left on the panel all played a part of a game on Monday night against Derry in Celtic Park, after watching that I think Wallace decided that he wasn't happy with the keepers he picked for his panel and then called CO'C for the game on Sunday, however I don't think that was the plan. Four keepers played 20 minutes each (SmcT, P Nugent, A.N Other and C McAlister from Cushendall). The game was for the Development Squad/U21's

O'Connell was with the panel before the Derry match.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

oisinog

Quote from: Minder on February 23, 2012, 01:00:51 PM

O'Connell has just been called up he was not on the original National league Training Panel

Minder

Quote from: oisinog on February 23, 2012, 01:23:51 PM
Quote from: Minder on February 23, 2012, 01:00:51 PM

O'Connell has just been called up he was not on the original National league Training Panel

Yes but he was there prior to the Derry game.

the colonel

Minder

Quote from: the colonel on February 23, 2012, 02:40:14 PM
http://www.antrimgaa.net/news/details/?id=3303

Colonel - My last word on this. You said he was called up after the Derry game at the weekend, that is incorrect, he was there before it. I don't know how long before it but he was there before it.

the colonel

Jerry Wallace was clear that no Loughgiel players would be included in the League Panel. This has obviously changed. He did name players from Loughgiel in December that were part of the extended panel.

Milltown Row2

Look we are flogging a dead horse here, Jerry has his way of doing it, to RK it is wrong and to most Cushendall men it will be, we have this allegiance to our fellow club players (well most of them  ;)) and we will defend them usually to the hilt.

I'd say RK won't be left off the panel long, whether he would come back is another thing.

Every game Antrim play in the league is so important. Such a hard league. I'll be there on Sunday cheering them on, hoping that 9-15 ;) do better than some of our posters on here think they will.

I hope Neil stays at CHB he will be better for us in that position. Yes it leaves us without a scoring threat up front, but Neil took on too much responsibility and the pressure on him to get the scores meant that other players didn't get to shine. Hopefully with Neil setting up scores from CHB we might get more from it.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

saffronog

oisin og who would you want in ??? kearney was certainly worth a try and remember lads at end of the day its all about opinions.  agree with sleeping giant that magee certainly brings something to the panel.  Remember him at school and he was horrible little shit even then.  however he is a talent.  i think its  a good call from jerry and would imagine if kearney starts playing well he would be in if others play poorly.  due to mcgee lack of effort i reckon dd no one and o'connell no 2 and thats all you need on the panel.  young nugent no chance, mctoal just misses out.  don't know much about him but oisin og his own club mate doesn't seem to rate him,  opinion again.  shams the winners as it will give their no 2 a bit of action.

btdtgtt

I told u were touchy mr2!

Yes I will also be there in Sunday - and also cheering on Antrim - and also hoping 9-15 do better than I think!

Although I do note u say urself that Neil at chb leaves us "without a scoring threat up front".
Be careful you don't agree now!

Buswhacker

Not many Dunloy men in the panel,are they not up to the high standard required?

saffronog

"Two years ago, Dublin played Antrim here in Croke Park and lost. If you're working at ground level with the players, you realise — Antrim are as well placed as Dublin are now. If the players can get over the lack of self-belief, that's the only thing that's telling against them. Kilkenny don't do challenge matches, Kilkenny build from within, and that's what I've been saying to them this year. We need to build from within, build the structures — the players need to build from within. They need to come down here (Croke Park) then and have the confidence to perform. On any given Sunday, anything can happen — the wind can be blowing, the rain can be falling, the ball can break the wrong way, you have to have the bit of luck as well. But Antrim need to consolidate, they need to realise their ambitions, that's a big thing for them. I'm not up there to start again from scratch, to start developing again, I'm up there to build on the work that's been done, to get them competitive.

Positive noises jerry in the examiner today, though reckon Dublin a little ahead but certainly don't fear them.

Think mcmanus best hurler by far and should be centre half back but can we afford him there, Sunday will tell us something, how much in ???

oisinog

Quote from: saffronog on February 23, 2012, 05:20:59 PM
oisin og who would you want in ??? kearney was certainly worth a try and remember lads at end of the day its all about opinions.  agree with sleeping giant that magee certainly brings something to the panel.  Remember him at school and he was horrible little shit even then.  however he is a talent.  i think its  a good call from jerry and would imagine if kearney starts playing well he would be in if others play poorly.  due to mcgee lack of effort i reckon dd no one and o'connell no 2 and thats all you need on the panel.  young nugent no chance, mctoal just misses out.  don't know much about him but oisin og his own club mate doesn't seem to rate him,  opinion again.  shams the winners as it will give their no 2 a bit of action.

My opinion it should be dd no 1 and RK no 2. They are the 2 most experienced keepers in the county at championship level in Antim.

I have nothing against my own club mate I just dont think he has the experience for inter-county matches at the min

oisinog

Just saw on the county website that the match entry is £11 on sunday.

This is £3 more that the football how can the GAA justify this