Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Not bad Saff. i like that team, barring maybe one or two but really decent
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

antrimgeal1989

think barney is a big exclusion in saffronogs team

saffronog

M scullion ??? Not so sure 89, had a great eye catching last 5, will discuss this after semi, I'm sure if some one plays breath taking he will be called in.  I.e. paddy mc naughton, real master stroke

imtommygunn

My opinion on corner backs would be Graffin has to be there. Against the really good forwards he's the only one who counts when it comes to man marking. McGourty great reader of the game though which stands him in good stead.

Milltown Row2

Yeah baring one or two. Scullion was great in final moments and that needs to be consistent, be great to see him hurl like that in the semi final
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

saffronog

Barney has been fantastic and shows a change of position can do wonders, he struggled in sham full back line for while.  89 he is certainly worth a try midfield but just think he is over the hill there.imo, have u recovered from scullion remark, tell u still reckon Campbell should be restored to chb for Shams. 

antrimgeal1989

yeah..graffin is a class man marker. normally picks up the danger man. he could be playing anywhere in the back line. think JC deserves his chance in CHB. keep mcmanus up in the forwards

antrimgeal1989

yes i think campbell chb and scullion wing half for shams

saffronog

Mc courty terrible striker at that level but best of rest I think.  He is competitor good experience, can read it and am sure he has.some knowledge of.the dark arts for.that position, thats why feel graffin better out field.  Same with Stewart if ball winning problematic, which has happened before with saffs ie move him out a bit.  What age is he

Milltown Row2

Thought Campbell played well on the wing this year. CHB he's too lose, he can win a lot of break ball from the puck outs but for me (I'm not being critical here) he lashes it up field as quick as he can when a quick look would end up with a better delivered ball. But i still feel he is a great player, no knocking

antrimgeal1989

very healthy competition for the chb spot..any one of about four could play there and play it well..a driving midfield is what antrim lack badly..two jerry o connor would be great. wonder have st agnes any?? :-P

saffronog

Jesus hope we aren't pinning hopes on them, barney, one of the mcfalls and o connell  would be first 3 tries, unsure of some others.  One pity of missing out Walsh cup as county had to fight to get into it.  However maybe in house and club semi finalists might provide better tests.  Weather plays big part to.   Thought rossa might have produced little more, impressed with them at times.this year.  Michael Armstrong in particular,

Milltown Row2

McGuinness for me when he slotted into defence. Great stick man and has physically built himself up

antrimgeal1989

armstrong committed to football??

you still swing for the saints saffronog?

btdtgtt

Good teams there all round just a few tweaks like mc manus ideal position - maybe now we have a manager who will see the same!

I just think Dinny was guilty of having notions on players and picking strange teams at times - when most observers would agree on say 75% of the personnel involved.

I have to say I am optimistic for the year on this basis - although I stand by my belief that bottom line is we are not good enough to get out of division 2. No shame in that - it is our level but we can still aim to rise!

Anyone shed some light on the motions before convention?