Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Yip - Greg o kane a phenomenon! And yip - fair play to loughuile - fantastic trophy hall!

I am not mixing here just asking as a city man - what's the size / population of loughuile compared to Dunloy/ballycastle/cushendall?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 12, 2011, 07:39:56 PM
Quote from: 4father on November 12, 2011, 07:28:32 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 12, 2011, 07:26:40 PM
"You can have your views that's fine, you can even say KS isn't anywhere near the best, but you are on your own with that view. Any creditability you have for discussing Antrim hurling on this board has gone. "

I believe that this is what you posted MR2. Some people might think that your credibility was gone a few months back when you admitted to betting against your own clubmates, also by calling people d**kheads and not having the balls to back it up. You've no room to be going around taking the moral high ground.

Don't give a monkey's what you think 4father. It appears you take the almighty hump if someone disagrees with you.

Sexual frustration in a post ^^^^
Another bog standard, unintelligent retort from you 4father. Go eat your chips now, you should feel happy about yourself.

I used to love this phrase when playing in the Glens. "fcuk away off ya chip eaters" there's a chippy in every village we played in ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: btdtgtt on November 13, 2011, 10:08:05 PM
Yip - Greg o kane a phenomenon! And yip - fair play to loughuile - fantastic trophy hall!

I am not mixing here just asking as a city man - what's the size / population of loughuile compared to Dunloy/ballycastle/cushendall?
According to the 2001 census:

Cushendall 1241
Dunloy 1,071
Ballycastle  5,089 (of which 77%  come from a Catholic background)
Loughguile  2,321
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 13, 2011, 10:10:07 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 12, 2011, 07:39:56 PM
Quote from: 4father on November 12, 2011, 07:28:32 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 12, 2011, 07:26:40 PM
"You can have your views that's fine, you can even say KS isn't anywhere near the best, but you are on your own with that view. Any creditability you have for discussing Antrim hurling on this board has gone. "

I believe that this is what you posted MR2. Some people might think that your credibility was gone a few months back when you admitted to betting against your own clubmates, also by calling people d**kheads and not having the balls to back it up. You've no room to be going around taking the moral high ground.

Don't give a monkey's what you think 4father. It appears you take the almighty hump if someone disagrees with you.

Sexual frustration in a post ^^^^
Another bog standard, unintelligent retort from you 4father. Go eat your chips now, you should feel happy about yourself.

I used to love this phrase when playing in the Glens. "fcuk away off ya chip eaters" there's a chippy in every village we played in ;)
They even sell pastie baps.

btdtgtt

Much obliged SiE !

So loughuile twice size of Dunloy & Dall but all three well short of the towns catchment. Is there any stewards inquiry into ballycastle not translating this on to the pitch or are there other factors (ie) like issues in city.

I don't mean to start a debate here on playing numbers and success - we have been there! I suppose a playing population of 24 is sufficient if they are of the right quality! Much like offaly winning Liam mc carthy with 3 clubs etc...

saffronog

Simply village size not surroundings more like 3000

btdtgtt

Buswhacker

Loughgiel may have 2321 population but that includes Kilraughts,Bushside part of Stranocum the Drones hardly hurling strongholds

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Quote from: Buswhacker on November 13, 2011, 11:50:49 PM
Loughgiel may have 2321 population but that includes Kilraughts,Bushside part of Stranocum the Drones hardly hurling strongholds

Also includes any decent hurlers in Cloughmills and Armoy  ;)

OE was very poor in the UHL yesterday looked like he had the ten weeks off and not Dunloy. Awful conditions for hurling but if LG have any intentions of making an impact they will need a serious look at themselves.

Seamroga in exile

And Dunloy have the pick of Rasharkin, let's not forget. Poor performance by LG in fairness but still won. Sign of a good team I'm led to believe.

Onthehill

Guys see this issue of posting boys name's on the antrim website - I think it's wrong. I see the idea behind it but I know of players who allowed their names to go forward but never got any notification about the trial from anyone. A communication breakdown obviously which isnt there fault but they now are named and shamed.

More importantly is he going to name and shame the 15 or so players from last years panel that didnt turn up to 'secret' training (winter training ban) held on Sat. My info says 15 in attendance.

saffronog

Now you're talkin on the hill, we need a bit of straight talkin and less pussy footing, a spade OS a spade after all.  When de seagulls follow the trawler

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: saffronog on November 13, 2011, 11:32:08 PM
Simply village size not surroundings more like 3000
Nope, that's the whole area, including those that 'don't hurl'.

saffronog

Village has seen significant growth, approx 5%.