Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

I didn't bring it up. Perhaps you should read through the last few pages again.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

the colonel

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 17, 2011, 11:32:12 AM
I think the official cut off is 23rd October, but I'd imagine there was special dispensation granted to Loughgiel in respect of the Ulster final this weekend. I'd expect the outstanding game against Cushendall to be played probably on Sunday week.

game fixed for the 30th
the difference between success and failure is energy

Minder

Quote from: the colonel on October 17, 2011, 11:53:30 AM
Quote from: pdiddy on October 17, 2011, 10:42:26 AM
Ruairi, you've obviously forgotten the time your supporters ran across Casement with the banner 'Ha Ha, 6 in a Row' in front of our players who had just lost, again?  And Max I'm sure you didn't notice a section of your supporters taunting and jeering (players wives included) in front of the stand when we lost in the 2003 final !

My point is, we all have ar**holes of supporters.  Perhaps we have more than others  :-[ but then we also have more good, honest, respectful supporters  :).

We've been through this whole debate before.  Lets move on, again.

I agree the debate should be put to bed but was that banner not Dunloy supporters work as I am quite sure I know who the fella from Dunloy was?

It was Dunloy.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

maxpower

it was indeed, a case of winning badly.

What about the Ulster League Final, is it ever going to be played?
What happens next????

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: maxpower on October 17, 2011, 05:17:05 PM
it was indeed, a case of winning badly.

What about the Ulster League Final, is it ever going to be played?
Was it not played at the end of October last year? So, maybe it'll be the week after the Cushendall game.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

BlackandAmber

Quote from: the colonel on October 17, 2011, 12:27:28 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 17, 2011, 11:32:12 AM
I think the official cut off is 23rd October, but I'd imagine there was special dispensation granted to Loughgiel in respect of the Ulster final this weekend. I'd expect the outstanding game against Cushendall to be played probably on Sunday week.

game fixed for the 30th

From the Antrim website
They cannot be serious !
Cushendall  - - Loughgiel  Cushendall 30/10/2011 11:00

BlackandAmber

Again from the Antrim website

Division 1A           Kilkenny, Dublin, Waterford, Tipperary, Galway, Cork

Division 1B           Wexford,  Offaly, Limerick, Clare, Laois, Antrim

Six teams in each Division
Five Rounds in each Division

Top Two Teams in Division 1B contest Division 1B Final. Winners promoted.
Bottom two teams in each Division contest relegation play off and the losing team is relegated.

Division 1 Semi-Finals

Top Team Division 1A       v       Winner of Division 1B Final
Second Team Divison 1A  v       Third team Division 1A

We could struggle here......... Limerick & Clare & Wexford & Offaly are big challenges.  Laois are always tough and now with Paudie Butler & Teddy McCarthy involved   :o

btdtgtt

Yes I agree - this could end up in a play-off between ourselves and Laois for relegation (venue could be decisive).
Maybe this puts in context our earlier discussion about "moving to the next level" - lets hope the next level is not a lesser one!

the colonel

if we train well, and take the league serious theres no reason why we couldn't be capable of winning home games against any of those counties and also laois home or away
the difference between success and failure is energy

imtommygunn

We always seem to get hammered by Limerick but I think we can win games against a lot of the other teams at home as Colonel says. We hammered Wexford the other year at home and Offaly in the league are beatable too. Clare only beat us by a point last year.

The championship may be a different matter but if we put a bit into the league no reason why we can't mix it up with some of these teams.

NAG1

Even for the sheer fact of getting people out to watch the games if we are putting maximum effort into the league then it creates a better atmosphere aronud the place and more people wanting to travel to attend the games.

clootfromthe21

Would love it if we actually gave the league a real go.

Laois is always a toss up.

Clare have beaten us by a point in each of the last two years.

We have beaten Wexford at home on the last two occasions.

We are usually there or there abouts against Offaly.

Limerick always seem to thump us, mind you.

NAG1

Any word yet on the back room team? Must be all change, No?

Two Hands FFS

NHL fixtures are out...Antrim are home to Wexford, away to Clare & Offaly, then home to Laois & Limerick...check hoganstand for dates

Good to get 3 home matches..always tight v Laois but should win at home & could beat Wexford. Wallis has said he will take the league seriously.

Buswhacker

Score for Ulster final on Sunday........Shamrocks ..2-10.......Ballycran..1-8 ??