Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

I get where you're coming from to a degree itg, but every now and then it's good to get a concensus on "posters like this"
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

imtommygunn

Well if this one goes to the same pattern he'll be having digs at MR2 some time soon...

Milltown Row2

I'm  everyone's friend  ;Di
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

auld stock

well lads on the game i think for the neutral it was a cracker. the two best teams in antrim going at it hell for leather. a very tense atmosphere in the stand as both sets of supporters were very muted as neither team could put daylight on the scoreboard. listen im absolutely gutted to lose as the team hurled brilliantly. gave a performance i think very few thought they had in them. very proud of our lads. but to the victor, the spoils & the shammrocks can be proud of the reply of their team in the last 10mins. the truth for me on the penalty is that it could as easily have not been given but i want to stress that im not saying it wasnt a penalty. owen elliott took a long time to blow & that tells me that he was convinced he saw a foul, & that he walked in to see if it was inside the square, which it was. a big big call but he made the call & good luck to him.i for one think if he did get it wrong it was not intentional. he had a very solid game throughout. i think its unfair to say the 'dall lost it. for me loughguile won it. maybe they got a good break with the penalty but they then ruthlessly took everything possible from that good break & for me that is what any good team would do. if we had turned a 4pt deficit into a 3pt win in 10 mins i would be talking about our teams great character & i think thats the what we should do for the shammrocks. losing hurts like hell but loughguile wrote the book on hard luck stories over the last few years so no sympathy expected here.we'll be back next year no doubt but for now well done loughguile & all the best for ulster & all ireland.

Seamroga in exile

Very magnanimous of you auld stock. A bit of common sense in this thread for a change. :)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

4father

Yes Aulstock, well said.

Sleeping giant

1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Gold

Quote from: Alter Ego on September 27, 2011, 07:17:27 AM
New to the board lads, exciting final it was but in all fairness imo I believe Cushendal threw it away,a draw would have been a fair result and if the shamrocks don't lift the level they may struggle against Lynch's who I think Will comfortably come out of Derry. Ballycran well who knows what a bit of belief does should make for an entertaining couple of games? Still a wins a win and like all good teams when your performance wasn't the best and still  grind out a result should be congratulated.

Looking at the remaining teams from Antrim, Lamhs will struggle especially if Carrickmore get some momentum, so I'll go with Greggan in the junior for what could be an exciting journey if lucks with them, and on to croker, think they have a great chance.

You must be the only Burren hurling man Owen Alter

Was a good battle and looked good on TG4 last nite with both teams goin hell for leather and a cracking atmosphere.

Only downside was an unfortunate often noticable Antrim Hurling trait  that is poor striking and also handling and stupid unforced errors. But a great battle for the rest of the country to watch
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Alter Ego

Nice one Gold! Cant state my birth place then ;D And yes the Ash wouldn't have been promoted to much as a juvenile but hey when in "Rome" eating Chips why not!

Seamroga in exile

Does anyone know when the Derry final is to be played?

trasna man

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 28, 2011, 03:14:36 PM
Mc Gurk Architects Senior Hurling Championship
01/10/2011
Kevin Lynchs  vs Lavey  15:00 Celtic Park Eamon Hassan

Link

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 28, 2011, 03:14:36 PM

Saturday in derry city. Lynchs missing herron and mckeever from last years team, and Craig who broke his colarbone after returning from Oz. Lavey have a few lads who haven't lined out this year because of football.

Link

Quote from: hardstation on September 28, 2011, 04:02:14 PM
Any odds anywhere?

Never seen odds on the hurling final before

Seamroga in exile

I might venture up to Derry a scoot on Saturday.

Bog Ash Camam

Quote from: 4father on September 27, 2011, 12:51:52 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on September 27, 2011, 12:43:50 PM
A shining example of the stereotpypical loon supporter who not happy basking in the glory of others acheivements (i.e those on the pitch who actually won the bloody thing) tries to derive more pleasure by trying to provoke negativity from others in the hope he'll get the right reaction so that he can goad further thereby making the victory even more sweeter for him somehow.

Would you agree?

Exactly Skull. Thats exactly what this fuckpot (and some like him) are trying to do. Seeking notoriety
Tut, tut, tut, tut, TUT!  I would watch my language if I was you!  No call for that at all.  >:(
Remember lads, "the Sliotar hurts just as much when you're looking at it"