Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4father

I understand that and you're right but there's nothing wrong with Rossa being selfish in this if the end justifies the means (i.e. they get kids through to play reserve or senior on the back of it).

Jesusjones

Not sure Rossa will have things their own way at minor over the next 2 years. We have 6 or 7 U-16's starting minor at the moment and we'd have high hopes of winning the U-16 all county this year.

4father

Quote from: Jesusjones on August 21, 2011, 05:44:21 PM
Not sure Rossa will have things their own way at minor over the next 2 years. We have 6 or 7 U-16's starting minor at the moment and we'd have high hopes of winning the U-16 all county this year.

Sorry to say but I don't think you'll touch Rossa's U16s

Two Hands FFS

Any dates/venue/times out for the junior or intermediate championships next weekend??

Minder

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on August 21, 2011, 09:19:37 PM
Jesus Im sorry I missed this one from all accounts, Cargin doing what Cargin do best, however I believe that that the referee on this occasion must shoulder some of the responsibility (Not Blame) from what I understand and have heard, not dealing strongly with issues initially that began to break out, and stamping his authority on the game, he has a duty of control and should have issued cards when warranted. No wonder no-one invites Cargin to any tournaments who wants the hassle.

There will be no hiding though, wee Joe has it all on VT! Lets hope the CHC (Terrible and friends) has the balls to deal with what the CCC hand out, which should be substantial to both clubs.

Wrong thread.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ManInBlackandGreen

Seamroga in exile

What a way to start the Glenravel festival next weekend, with a win for Loughgiel. I fancy the Skerry Inn and Greenhills will get a touch.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

north_antrim_hound

congrats to to all the posters on here WHO made some money at the misfortunes of our under 21 hurlers, this has taken things to a new low. is it not bad enough we are in this situation but now there are some people feel the need to have some financial gain from it. due to the current and past state of affairs i don't blame most antrim hurling folk for the apathy that's rife north and south of the county, but for the sake of any young hurlers that might have some aspirations to represent their county and view these pages could you keep this sort of tripe to yourself. never mind posters from other county's reading this. utterly embarrassing and typical of all that is wrong with our attitude to our county and its players.
SHAME ON YOU
As for players WHO waged against themselves because of some inside info well they don't deserve a jersey no matter how bad things are.

please don't reply to this post if your making some justifications for betting against you own team
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on August 21, 2011, 10:17:58 PM
congrats to to all the posters on here WHO made some money at the misfortunes of our under 21 hurlers, this has taken things to a new low. is it not bad enough we are in this situation but now there are some people feel the need to have some financial gain from it. due to the current and past state of affairs i don't blame most antrim hurling folk for the apathy that's rife north and south of the county, but for the sake of any young hurlers that might have some aspirations to represent their county and view these pages could you keep this sort of tripe to yourself. never mind posters from other county's reading this. utterly embarrassing and typical of all that is wrong with our attitude to our county and its players.
SHAME ON YOU
As for players WHO waged against themselves because of some inside info well they don't deserve a jersey no matter how bad things are.

please don't reply to this post if your making some justifications for betting against you own team

Talking crap, The under 21 team has been let down by no one on here or any other site. The poor set up of the team again has nothing to do with poster here, the lack of preparation again has nothing to do with posters.

I've followed Antrim a fair few years and if I back against them so what, I've backed them to win games also. So I'm less a supporter than you cause I made money off yesterdays game?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

I have to say I agree with NAH here. I didn't comment on the posts about the U21s as everyone seemed to be having a field day, but it definitely left a bad aroma wafting through this thread. I've never betted against one of my own, never will. It kind of takes away from any kudos any of you who betted against the fellas would hope to have. Bad vibes indeed.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 21, 2011, 10:41:41 PM
I have to say I agree with NAH here. I didn't comment on the posts about the U21s as everyone seemed to be having a field day, but it definitely left a bad aroma wafting through this thread. I've never betted against one of my own, never will. It kind of takes away from any kudos any of you who betted against the fellas would hope to have. Bad vibes indeed.

thanks for that seamroga, nice to know there is at least one other poster out there that feels this sort of thing is detrimental to the mindset of any hurlers or management trying there best in difficult circumstances. the team they played on Saturday have come from a very contrasting environment compared to our own, we could go into the details of finance, resources of numbers, prep artion time etc but this was not the point of my post. I travelled home from newry feeling utterly sick in view of the fact ten years ago Dublin's fortunes where similar to ours and look at them now. our situation has remained static and then to come on here and read so called antrim hurling people betting against there own team it makes my blood boil. if i was down to my last penny i wouldn't do it and even if i did i certainly wouldn't put it out in public domain in full view of people WHO are trying their best.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

4father

Yes, if you did that, it doesn't make you a bad person but it would have been nicer to keep it to yourselves.  Let's face it, we all like to get an extra few pounds in our skies and there's sense in using your head but to come on bragging about it looks bad. 

But those who bet against and who post on here are not why they were beaten.  I don't know how much truth there is in something I heard today but I heard that some of the players were making phone calls to hurlers they knew were under 21 to see if they fancied a game.  A complete disservice to hurling, to our young players and disrespect to our opponents.  Quite awful and someone has to take responsibility for it.

Milltown Row2

Do you honestly think that they were doing their best?

Fail to prepare prepare to fail.

How many training sessions were called? How many were turning up for training and how many challenge games did they have?

As for the public domain they played Armagh in the final and nearly lost, what did you expect when they were going to play Dublin? Get over yourself
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fairhead

I don't agree with people on the Antrim hurling hurling thread saying they bet against Antrim but each to their own.

However MR you are right how many training sessions did the u21s have? Have they had more than a dozen? Our county do not and never have treated the competition with any respect. Which of the other counties in the semis this year would have scheduled football championships and minor hurling championships the same weekend? I heard both the Dublin and Limerick managers on the Sunday Game talking about how much effort their teams have put in this year. Has an Antrim u21 manager ever said that about the Antrim u21s?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fairhead on August 21, 2011, 11:53:58 PM
I don't agree with people on the Antrim hurling hurling thread saying they bet against Antrim but each to their own.

However MR you are right how many training sessions did the u21s have? Have they had more than a dozen? Our county do not and never have treated the competition with any respect. Which of the other counties in the semis this year would have scheduled football championships and minor hurling championships the same weekend? I heard both the Dublin and Limerick managers on the Sunday Game talking about how much effort their teams have put in this year. Has an Antrim u21 manager ever said that about the Antrim u21s?

This Antrim team and like the minors (after Sambo/woody) have not been great, fault lies somewhere but this is getting worse. If I took on the job of looking after a county team I would do so with a plan, I'm sure when Dominc took over, he would have had an plan but was either stifled by things outside of his control.

As for betting, come on, anyone with a passing interest in sport betting will always want to get a few pound, my knowledge of how much we were going to get beat was based on Dublin's results and Antrim results. Not the rumours of players