Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 20, 2011, 05:25:36 PM
Free money from paddy power!! Ticket drink for final paid for now!!

One of our players put £100 on it this morning when he heard the setup Antrim had !
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on August 20, 2011, 05:28:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 20, 2011, 05:25:36 PM
Free money from paddy power!! Ticket drink for final paid for now!!

One of our players put £100 on it this morning when he heard the setup Antrim had !

Aye would have had more on it but took out £90 for the "FINAL ACCOUNT" so I'll be adding to it today.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gold

Painful to watch.

Why are we so bad?

Why is there so little imagination in our football and hurling players?

Do they not like, look at and practice the game?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Forever Green

Antrim Minor A Hurling Championship
Team 1   Score   Score   Team 2   Venue   Comment   
St Galls   0-10   3-14   Cushendall   Rossa   Semi-Final   
St Johns   3-24   1-9   St Endas   Lamh Dhearg   Semi-Final   
Antrim Minor B Hurling Championship
Team 1   Score   Score   Team 2   Venue   Comment   
St Agnes   0-7   5-31   Rossa   Lamh Dhearg   Semi-Final

Glenarm and St Pauls score yet to come through but I am hearing St Pauls won by 6 after extra time. No real surprises in the other game. Hard to look by St Johns for the final but the same thing was said last year

Jesusjones

Looking forward to the minor final, if it is half as good as last year's match it'll be a cracker. Ruairi Og won their semi handy enough, St. Galls had 2 sent off second half and it probably should have been more. They totally lost their discipline and were guilty of some horrible tackles and attacks on Cushendall players.

Forever Green

Aye, should be a really good game JJ. I think if Cushendall keep the Johnstons out of the game, they will take it but that is easier said than done. Two unbelievable talents

Result from the other B semi final: St Pauls 3-18 1-14 Glenarm

theskull1

Quote from: Gold on August 20, 2011, 08:53:49 PM
Painful to watch.

Why are we so bad?

Why is there so little imagination in our football and hurling players?

Do they not like, look at and practice the game?
By fcuk we are an embarrassment of a county.

Left to too few to keep alive
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Jesusjones

The Johnstons are both class acts, no doubt and The Johnnies have a few other first class players too. Cushendall up against it but more than capable of causing another upset. We have played some superb hurling this year and we have some special U-16's playing great stuff on the minor team as well. Can't wait for the final, Casement under floodlights again please.

Milltown Row2

Would be surprised if St Johns don't win. As said the Jonstones are class acts but they have 13 other quality hurlers. That won't worry the Dall though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

4father

I would love to see St John's win this for the sake of Belfast hurling.  Hopefully this time around St Johns will be able to keep hold of this batch of talented players and successfully bring them through to senior level.

Same said for Rossa when they bring this very talented Under 16 squad through.  If they get them through and if they can get out of Division 2 then that will hopefully be two Belfast teams really competing in the SHC and in Division 1.  But they are all big if's.

As for the rest of the clubs, mediocre to say the least in terms of their commitment to hurling and its development.

Jesusjones

I'd love to see the likes of St. Johns and Rossa playing in Div 1 each season and being competitive in the championship. It amazes me that St. Johns haven't turned their wealth of under age talent over the past 10 years into a strong senior team. Rossa are fresh from winning 2 minor and an u-21 championship, they should be doing better than they are at the moment at senior level. From a selfish point of view I'd be delighted if Cushendall beat the johnnies at minor and Rossa at u-16 and win championships but may the best teams win. Anyone else think Rossa have taken a backward step going into the B Minor championship just 2 years after winning the A championship? 

Milltown Row2

Having refereed a lot of minor games this year i thought Rossa at this level were pretty bad, so yeah minor B was right move.

4father

Agree MR2, I'm a strong advocate of playing at your level.  No point sending a team in to get hammered out of principle.

Rossa have taken one step backwards to get a few of those minors through of this year and will win Minor for the next two years starting next year hands down.

Seamroga in exile

The nitty gritty starts next Friday evening in Glenravel. I can not wait!
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

4father

Quote from: hardstation on August 21, 2011, 01:00:09 PM
That said, they are going to get fcuk all out of hammering the likes of the Aggies by 39 points in the B championship.
They wouldn't get near the Johnnies or Cushendall but they'd give the others a game.

I know mate but at the same time, if they drew the Johnnies in the first round, 25 kids' seasons are over at the first round probably around May.