Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Sorry he played CHF that day
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

He's been playing a bit more advanced in his comeback games. Perhaps he'll start midfield against Rossa.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

NAG1

Are both UL semi's on this evening?

maxpower

Dunloy v Cushendall in Armoy
What happens next????

Milltown Row2

Might check that game out
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Ballycran vs Loughgiel 17/8/11
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

ruairi

MR  did you make it to the game tonight? Referees is a disgrace. Sent off our best player for verbal abuse whenever he didnt say a word. Another player did. If RM has a personal problem with a player that shouldnt be an excuse to give him a red card.

I know the player in question had a few words with the referee in the last league game because he got his front tooth broke in a tackle which RM didnt even give a free for. Hats no excuse to send him off tonight. Thats both matcjes he referee'd that he has let just say favourable to dunloy. Possibly helps yo have a fellow ref/chum playing for them.

Tonight has effectively ruined our championship. We are carrying alot of injuries, some of which are long term. This suspension has just left us without enough players to compete with dunloy or lougiel. We were already going to get a tight match against glenarriffe, now it would be a very good result if we do come out it.

Rant over.

Milltown Row2

Didn't make, will hear all about it tomorrow

maxpower

Dunloy 0:16 cushendall 1:11 AET

Both teams hurled better against a strong wind than with it, in a fairly even first half, Dunloy against the breeze made better use of possession to go in 0:6 to 0:4 up.  However shortly after the break Cushendall goaled after a slip in the dunloy defence, Neil McManus applying re finish.

McManus then followed this up by getting a red card for verbal abuse, he had been cautioned earlier in the game for this, though Cushendall players and supporters seemed to suggest the abuse came from another player. Regardless if you call a referee a cheating b@5tard someone is going to get the line.

Cushendall to their credit hurled well with 14 men, Sean Delargy was excellent and Paddy McNaughton came into the game. Though Dunloy hit serious bad wides at the end of the half.

Extra time was played when really it was probably to dark to hurl. Dunloy edges ahead against the wind but continued to hit long range wides rather than work the ball. In the second period cushendall missed 4 scoreable free's in a row to possibly win the game (though it was difficult conditions for free taking)

Can't agree about the referee favouring dunloy, I could point to half a dozen decisions against us that where very harsh, as it the way it will always be. I certainly thought 'our ref' deserved a free right at the end of normal time when taken out round the neck so take in the full picture before blaming ref for all your ills
What happens next????

Jesusjones

While not blaming the ref RM for our defeat in the Ulster League Semi Final I thought he was terrible. How can he justify sending Neil Mc Manus off for alleged verbal abuse? RM was 50 yards away from him at the time and had his back to him. How can he be certain he got the right man? On 2 occasions he had reason to send off a Dunloy man and never did. James Mc Keague struck Odhran Scullion, off the ball, with the stick, the umpire called the referee in and the ref only issued a yellow card. Also Paddy Doherty threw his stick at Paddy Mc Naughton as he chased him, this is also a red card offence according to the rule book. RM seems incapable of just refereeing a match, he always has to be the centre of attention.
   As far as the game goes I thought it was poor enough from both teams, Sean Delargy was superb for Cushendall and Paul Shiels was excellent for Dunloy. We threw it away in the second period of extra time missing 3 frees and 2 65's. I honestly think Pappy and Shane Elliott have a lot to think about. Dunloy only seemed to be missing Paddy Richmond where as Cushendall were without Aaron Graffin, Shane Mc Naughton, Brian Delargy, Aidan Delargy and Declan Mc Killop and they hurled most of the second half without Mc Manus.
On this showing both teams have a lot of improving to do if they want to win the championship.

theskull1

Glenariffe will get a handy 2 points this weekend. It'll cost us 300 quid but sure  >:(
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Dont think either team will be reading anything into last nights result, it turned into a lottery in extra time with the bad light. Real inexperience shown from experienced Cushendall players not to take easy scoreable frees when they were on instead of going for a goal which was never on. Thats what lost them the game not RM.

I think its time that some people grew up in here and at our matches. RM turned up to ref the match last night not to favour one side or the other. Watching the game there was hardly a dirty stroke in the game, maybe apart from a woefully late strike from SD on PD early in the game and even then no big fuss was made of it. He did not favour either team, both teams got handy frees at different occasions both teams missed out on frees that on another day they could have got. But genuinely wasnt alot in it either way.

On the sending off, RM was less than 20 yards away, he  pointed directly at NMcM once he heard the abuse as he let play go on up the field (as we are always complaining that refs should do) so who is to say he got it wrong.

Does make it tough for Cushendall now but have no one to blame but themselves, cant be calling an official a cheating b*****d and expect not to have a saction of some sort.

Both teams need a big improvement if they are going to be contenders.

Jesusjones

Nag I totally dispute what you are saying. RM was nowhere near Neil at the time of the sending off, he was on the one 45 yard line and Neil was on the other and RM had his back to Neil as he was watching the play in the Dall full back line. There was hardly a dirty stroke in the game? Are you having a laugh? Mc Keague struck Scullion off the ball with the stick. How can the referee give a yellow for this? The umpire told him what happened. Is throwing your stick not a dirty action? According to RM throwing a stick at someone is only a yellow card. I already said I don't blame him for the defeat but I do blame him for refusing to apply the rules of the game. Anyway it was the same for the league game in Dunloy earlier in the year. I was at an U-21 match earlier this year and he called one of our players a "Silly B*****d"

NAG1

Think I can see your agenda here JJ interesting way to open your account first two posts.

I watched the incident for myself NMcM was on the Dunloy 45 and Ray was no further than the Mid Field as he pointed at him. Think your missing the point, he was called a cheating b*****d by one the the Cdall players, you dispute who it was then fair enough, well then I think Neil should take it up with the player who it was and not RM. If I was the ref I wouldnt take being called that by anyone would you?

The umpires are experienced enough to know what is a yellow and a red so that was their decision I did not see the incident.

I do agree he talks to much to the players but thats how he likes to referee.

Jesusjones

Calling a referee a cheating b*****d is wrong. However sending off the wrong man is also wrong. I would have had no argument if he sent off the player that said it but he got it wrong. I hope he will be big enough to admit that. Unless something can be done Neil will miss the quarter final against Glenariffe and he doesn't deserve this at all. As far as the incident with Mc Keague hitting Scullion off the ball goes, there is no grey area here, if you strike someone you should walk simple as that, there is no grey area here. The same with throwing a hurl at another player. If RM is going to apply the rules so rigidly for one team and send people off then why not apply the rules the same way for the other team. Look up the rule book, there is no grey area, striking is a sending off as is throwing a hurl at someone. Which is a more serious offence? Striking with a stick and throwing a hurl or calling someone a b*****d? SD's tackle on PD was late but Skinny got away with a few bad tackles as well. All we are looking for from referees is consistency.