Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Mickey didn't look too convincing in the corner yesterday so it may be a blessing for them. Has he not got the line a few times over the years for off the ball stuff (although I would never have considered him a dirty player)? Secretly LG might be slightly relieved that the "in a row" count has stopped and it may give them a chance to draw a line under that stat and push on.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Minder I see your point (And Im not getting at the ref). But my point is that the ref in this case didnt see what happened and therefore to send someone off i that kind of situation is harsh IMO. I know you cant ref a game like that but if you compare some of the tackles that werent even fouls in the all Ireland to this, I think just  a little bit of compassion in this situation wouldnt go a miss.

Agree to a certain extent skull but dont think he was taken to the cleaners either.

Yeah maybe next year they can start a whole new series.  ;)

Queenie

Hi Skull

Some of these boys are getting a bit personal about us St. John's people.  Please use your influence and get them to cool it a little.  Ya know, we can do without that sort of abuse.  It's seems some individuals here dont like the teasing/slagging!
Are you a missionary or a mercenary?  Remember, tallk is cheap!

maxpower

Agree with most sentiments about the game, very surprised Loughgiel allowed the Cushendall attack so much room, normally loughgiel are great at condensing their own backline but in this game they left Neilly McGarry very exposed and Shane McNaughton looked very dangerous.

I thought the ref had a decent game, can't mind thinking he got much wrong.
I see Kevin Elliott came on so i'd expect if McCambridge is banned he would be the replacement and that may arguably strengthen the dall.
Thought for a minor Paddy McNaughton also hurled well in the half backs

Who'll get to ref the final now, i take it the rule still exists if you ref a semi you can't get the final or Matthews/Elliott/McIntrye/Hassan/Duffy all in with a shout
What happens next????

wino

Quote from: NAG1 on September 14, 2009, 09:44:10 AM
Minder I see your point (And Im not getting at the ref). But my point is that the ref in this case didnt see what happened and therefore to send someone off i that kind of situation is harsh IMO. I know you cant ref a game like that but if you compare some of the tackles that werent even fouls in the all Ireland to this, I think just  a little bit of compassion in this situation wouldnt go a miss.

Agree to a certain extent skull but dont think he was taken to the cleaners either.

NAG1, you are a bit of a Pr--K.  Your comments are all the same, try to talk a bit of sense (a very wee bit), and then come back with a smart childish comment. It sort of sums you up, as you go about all your work the same. Say one thing and do another.

Maybe you can get the video evidence out again. Or do you only do that when it suits.

north aontroim gael

Cusendall were the better team and deserved to win.  Karl Mc Keegan controlled the game and seemed to be able to drift of Loughgiels young centre half at will, took an age for Loughgiel management to address this for some reason.  Loughgiels downfall was that the midfield line was non existent, don't think either midfielder hit more than 3/4 balls and gave away 4/5 points from stupid frees and again was not addressed by management.  Seen the sending off offence and Micky struck of the ball so deserved to go.

Shane Mc Naughton was the best forward on show and beggars belief that we started CJ in front of him versus the Dubs.  Arron Graffin played well but Sean Delargy was the pick of the backs for Cushendall.  Barney, Duck and Eddie were only Loughgiel players to show anything.  DD Quinn dealt with 4/5 high balls brilliantly during the game.

No doubt Loughgiel will be back from this probably do them no harm being beat at this stage as opposed to the final although they would of beat Dunloy in the final IMO. Hard to look past Cushendall for the final now although I'm sure everyone outside of Dunloy will be of this opinion.

Johnny Campbell was a massive loss to Loughgiel yesterday not to mention James Campbell and Joey Scullion.  Hard to believe that Loughgiel team hasn't a Championship medal between them.  As a Loughgiel follower I'd hope for a change of management next year as don't think the current team can offer anything else but the talent is there within the club to capture a Senior title i have no doubt about that.

north aontroim gael

Felt the ref had a good game yesterday and was consistent throughout particuarly with his blowing up of over carrying.  Would like to see Tommy get the final as he has had to take a backseat during Loughgiels final run but still one of the top officials

Queenie

Quote from: maxpower on September 14, 2009, 10:27:21 AM
Agree with most sentiments about the game, very surprised Loughgiel allowed the Cushendall attack so much room, normally loughgiel are great at condensing their own backline but in this game they left Neilly McGarry very exposed and Shane McNaughton looked very dangerous.

I thought the ref had a decent game, can't mind thinking he got much wrong.
I see Kevin Elliott came on so i'd expect if McCambridge is banned he would be the replacement and that may arguably strengthen the dall.
Thought for a minor Paddy McNaughton also hurled well in the half backs

Who'll get to ref the final now, i take it the rule still exists if you ref a semi you can't get the final or Matthews/Elliott/McIntrye/Hassan/Duffy all in with a shout
Hi Max

Personally, I would give it to Duffy or Hasson.  Them other fellas are Hasbeens and wannabes, too slow, too fat, too full of themselves. I reckon Duffy is most likely to get but maybe a pay off for Tommy since Loughgeil are not in the final.  Duffy I think is the fittest and fairest of them all.  Cant really see wee Eamon Hasson getting it, sure he had a big day at Croker at the minor final.  Thankfully though, it wont be the 'Terrible one'. And then maybe, just maybe our fella will get it even though he done the Semi!  Stranger things have happened.

NAG1

Quote from: wino on September 14, 2009, 10:46:14 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 14, 2009, 09:44:10 AM

NAG1, you are a bit of a Pr--K.  Your comments are all the same, try to talk a bit of sense (a very wee bit), and then come back with a smart childish comment. It sort of sums you up, as you go about all your work the same. Say one thing and do another.

Maybe you can get the video evidence out again. Or do you only do that when it suits.

Wino if you cant take a joke or a bit of slagging then you in the wrong place.

When have I said something and done another? I never said it wasnt a foul or indeed a yellow card, as I didnt see it myself but my point was coming from a merely human perspective in that I hate players missing any final. Especially when the injured party was up on his feet within seconds if the red card being issued.

theskull1

Quote from: Queenie on September 14, 2009, 10:51:18 AM

Personally, I would give it to Duffy or Hasson.  Them other fellas are Hasbeens and wannabes, too slow, too fat, too full of themselves. I reckon Duffy is most likely to get but maybe a pay off for Tommy since Loughgeil are not in the final.  Duffy I think is the fittest and fairest of them all.  Cant really see wee Eamon Hasson getting it, sure he had a big day at Croker at the minor final.  Thankfully though, it wont be the 'Terrible one'. And then maybe, just maybe our fella will get it even though he done the Semi!  Stranger things have happened.

Queenie to Garrett

:D

playwiththewind1st

Personally, I would give it to Duffy or Hasson.  Them other fellas are Hasbeens and wannabes, too slow, too fat, too full of themselves. I reckon Duffy is most likely to get but maybe a pay off for Tommy since Loughgeil are not in the final.  Duffy I think is the fittest and fairest of them all.

This really depends on how the referees will react to our physicality and robust style of play.  Most referees in the county I really do think have it in for our senior hurling team, just look at that bollocks Garret Duffy, he sent three of our guys off in the 1/4 final at Cushendall

Is it just me, or is there a contradiction in there somewhere?

theskull1

No it's not just you. Queenie does contradiction better than anybody on here

Queenie

Quote from: theskull1 on September 14, 2009, 12:40:01 PM
No it's not just you. Queenie does contradiction better than anybody on here

Apologies, I can make mistake too ya know!  I actually meant to say Herbie (Liam McAuley) got my wires crosed here boys!
Al least I would admit to a mistake!  IN FACT, I would not have that boyo Duffy about me, as I said, look what he done to us in the I/4 final, the bollocks.

I really am a stupid bollocks but getting a bit older that you fellas!

Queenie

Quote from: theskull1 on September 14, 2009, 11:26:56 AM

Queenie to Garrett

Sure did you not know I prefer the male species better.  Do you think you call me 'Queenie' for nothing?  Well I suppose it's somewhat better than the wool/fleecy ones in Dunloy. :D

Queenie

Quote from: Queenie on September 14, 2009, 01:11:38 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on September 14, 2009, 11:26:56 AM

Queenie to Garrett

Sure did you not know I prefer the male species better.  Do you think you call me 'Queenie' for nothing?  Well I suppose it's somewhat better than the wool/fleecy ones in Dunloy. :D

http://phoenixcsc.com/image/BigEckShaggingSheep.jpg

Probably more your league!