Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

I was looking for that. Daniel McKernan was playing.

He had looked to be breaking through but seems to have dropped off again whether that be injuries or what I don't know.

Tough alright as you'd expect McKenna in particular to star there.

NorthAntrim

I think there are two daniel mckernans

imtommygunn

stiffler

Portglenone 9/2 for championship , get on before that price is cut.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

glens73

Quote from: stiffler on March 27, 2023, 02:07:10 PM

To win the hurling, I wouldn't bother.

NAG1

Quote from: glens73 on March 27, 2023, 03:08:20 PM
Quote from: stiffler on March 27, 2023, 02:07:10 PM

To win the hurling, I wouldn't bother.

To be fair I think their chances in the hurling are about the same as their chances in the football  ;D

SaffronSports

Quote from: Kidder81 on March 27, 2023, 10:00:28 AM
Quote from: NorthAntrim on March 27, 2023, 09:51:41 AM
Big win yesterday for Tir na Nog away to Cushendun, Creggan look like they are in a relegation battle already
Glenarm and All Saints starting the new leagues with a win also

Sarsfields I'm guessing missing 3 Antrim players ? Tough for a Div 2 team to absorb

I was at the Shane Uí Néill Vs Sarsfields game. Glenarm made a great start and took a big lead. Sarsfields came back  with a rattle second half but had left themselves too much to do. Tough old match on a very heavy pitch.

keep her low this half

Quote from: SaffronSports on March 27, 2023, 10:14:16 PM
Quote from: Kidder81 on March 27, 2023, 10:00:28 AM
Quote from: NorthAntrim on March 27, 2023, 09:51:41 AM
Big win yesterday for Tir na Nog away to Cushendun, Creggan look like they are in a relegation battle already
Glenarm and All Saints starting the new leagues with a win also

Sarsfields I'm guessing missing 3 Antrim players ? Tough for a Div 2 team to absorb

I was at the Shane Uí Néill Vs Sarsfields game. Glenarm made a great start and took a big lead. Sarsfields came back  with a rattle second half but had left themselves too much to do. Tough old match on a very heavy pitch.
A lot of the pitches are very heavy right now. Early start to the season and a wet spring combined with heavy training on the pitches is taking its toll.

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 25, 2023, 08:46:59 AM
Quote from: GAAhead2013 on March 25, 2023, 07:20:13 AM
Saw an interesting discussion on the football thread re favourite refs.
Always had a preference to those that could let the game go and still maintain control of the game, if that's possible. Was always fond of the refs who'd talk to you with respect too, if they blew a foul, you knew what for an you got on with it (regardless of your manager/supporters being blue in the face!)

Owen Elliot
Skinny
Darren McKeown
Fintan McCotter

Def forgetting some good refs, Any others?

As a player/manager loved seeing these guys turn up

Tommy McIntyre 
Gerry mcclory
big Jim (god rest him) McLean
Eugene from Ballycastle
Gough, loads of respect and he was physically intimidating lol
Owen Elliot, didn't blow too many times and wasn't shy in telling players to wise up get up and get on with it.

Regarding one's today Fintan would have a lot of respect from lot of current players I speak to both football and hurling.
Having done the line for Skinny plenty times he's a very good communicator on the pitch which is all you want..

There are a good few more but I'm looking at this from my own playing days, as a defender from early on to a playing up front in my latter days you always knew how these ref's ref'd the game and adopted accordingly

Latter years of playing the county did an extensive course for ref's and Ray Mathews Garrett Duffy and Co became 'super ref's' didn't see them have too many bad games either

We'd Patrick Tumelty down with us and I thought he did a good job as ourselves and St Enda's have been feisty enough the last few years.
Is he long refereeing as I've never encountered him before?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on March 28, 2023, 09:41:30 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 25, 2023, 08:46:59 AM
Always had a preference to those that could let the game go and still maintain control of the game, if that's possible. Was always fond of the refs who'd talk to you with respect too, if they blew a foul, you knew what for an you got on with it (regardless of your manager/supporters being blue in the face!)

Owen Elliot
Skinny
Darren McKeown
Fintan McCotter

As a player/manager loved seeing these guys turn up

Tommy McIntyre 
Gerry mcclory
big Jim (god rest him) McLean
Eugene from Ballycastle
Gough, loads of respect and he was physically intimidating lol
Owen Elliot, didn't blow too many times and wasn't shy in telling players to wise up get up and get on with it.

Regarding one's today Fintan would have a lot of respect from lot of current players I speak to both football and hurling.
Having done the line for Skinny plenty times he's a very good communicator on the pitch which is all you want..

There are a good few more but I'm looking at this from my own playing days, as a defender from early on to a playing up front in my latter days you always knew how these ref's ref'd the game and adopted accordingly

Latter years of playing the county did an extensive course for ref's and Ray Mathews Garrett Duffy and Co became 'super ref's' didn't see them have too many bad games either

We'd Patrick Tumelty down with us and I thought he did a good job as ourselves and St Enda's have been feisty enough the last few years.
Is he long refereeing as I've never encountered him before?

3 or 4 years now, Paddy has played senior in both codes for his club, plenty playing experience. handles things well
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

He's a fine ref. Wasn't feared to mix it as a player either

realisticsaff

Owen Elliot
Skinny
Darren McKeown
Fintan McCotter

Creating fake accounts to heap praise on yourself. 😂😂😂😂😂

Milltown Row2

Quote from: realisticsaff on April 03, 2023, 09:58:27 AM

Owen Elliot
Skinny
Darren McKeown
Fintan McCotter

Aye, created an account in 2013 posted twice to big myself up!! You are clutching lad but hey you crack on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 03, 2023, 10:55:15 AM

Owen Elliot
Skinny
Darren McKeown
Fintan McCotter

Aye, created an account in 2013 posted twice to big myself up!! You are clutching lad but hey you crack on
Are you Owen Elliott?

paddyjohn

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 03, 2023, 06:20:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 03, 2023, 10:55:15 AM

Owen Elliot
Skinny
Darren McKeown
Fintan McCotter

Are you Owen Elliott?

Billy Elliot the dancer.