Wedding presents

Started by tyrone girl, August 17, 2009, 09:53:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavan4ever

Quote from: tyrone girl on August 19, 2009, 12:15:06 PM
How do we have the same attitude as the english????????

Just because we feel £100 per couple isnt miserable. Catch yourself on

Its more english than irish to give crap wedding presents.

Well i wont be asking people that give crap presents or nothing atall i have already sussed that out from other friends realations etc.

thebigfella

Some big shots around this board today  :D

Brick Tamlin

so what if they are more english than irish...why is it an english/irish thing now..
are you saying ye wont be inviting them cuz of the standard or lack of it of their present.
:o :o :o

tyrone girl

Crap wedding presents and wat the feck is crap about £100???  Duno about u but £100 is plenty to me at the minute with the amount of other things i have on!!

As for that last comment u made i presume ur taking the piss, if ur not u need knocked out

cavan4ever

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on August 19, 2009, 12:22:03 PM
so what if they are more english than irish...why is it an english/irish thing now..
are you saying ye wont be inviting them cuz of the standard or lack of it of their present.
:o :o :o

Exaclty cos there the ones who just stand at the bar all night complaining.

sammymaguire

ok calm down everyone, £50 is fine. End of matter. I will accept that although it is not my opinion. I am starting to sound like I am on a six-figure salary now  ;) people get so hot under the collar on a subject which should not be deemed as so touchy

take a look at ANY recognised hotel venue in any part of Ireland and see the average cost per meal, thats all I am saying, I feel the moral obligation to at least cover the cost of the feed, anything after that is up to the couple themselves... I just think pintsofguinness has a major gripe on "paying for someone else's wedding" simple as that and that the invitation is seen as a summons

cavan4ever is right, the english are notorious for giving crap wedding presents... I lived there 
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

DennistheMenace

I could just imagine my mate giving me £20 as a present  :D

Rois

Quote from: sammymaguire on August 19, 2009, 12:23:32 PM

cavan4ever is right, the english are notorious for giving crap wedding presents... I lived there

Did you get married there?

cavan4ever

Quote from: DennistheMenace on August 19, 2009, 12:24:34 PM
I could just imagine my mate giving me £20 as a present  :D

A bowl of soup would do that f**ker  :D

cavan4ever

Quote from: tyrone girl on August 19, 2009, 12:22:22 PM
Crap wedding presents and wat the feck is crap about £100???  Duno about u but £100 is plenty to me at the minute with the amount of other things i have on!!

As for that last comment u made i presume ur taking the piss, if ur not u need knocked out

Need a deposit for a house dont want any wasters who give nothing going.

bingobus

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on August 19, 2009, 12:18:01 PM
im with pints on this one (probably the 2st time iv agreed with an applemuncher).
Some shocking views on here, and i think it speaks volumes for some peoples attitude toward money.
Dose of reality needed.

The reality is that people have different outlooks on life and all things inbetween. Shocking really  ::)

For instance, Pints is sitting at a wedding thinking of how much it cost him and of the holiday he could be on. If thats his attitude I don't think he should have went as he isn't doing himself any favours and is been two faced to the bride and groom.

I think some people think that all bride/grooms are out to make money and spend money. Totally wrong is majority of cases.

When I got married, money was never an issue. And I don;t mean that in an arrogant way, we priced everything and took the best value. Paid big money for a top band but didn't have lavish seat covers, extra cars for wedding party, extra flowers etc. We went very light with trimmings and shopped round to get best deals. It wasn't an issue in that we didn't look at what we expected to "earn" from the day. We spent on what we thought was going to make it a great day and it was.

sammymaguire

Quote from: Rois on August 19, 2009, 12:24:55 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on August 19, 2009, 12:23:32 PM

Did you get married there?

no, I got married in Ireland and it seems as though bingobus and I are the only ones on the same level here
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

thebigfella

Quote from: cavan4ever on August 19, 2009, 12:20:17 PM
Quote from: tyrone girl on August 19, 2009, 12:15:06 PM
How do we have the same attitude as the english????????

Just because we feel £100 per couple isnt miserable. Catch yourself on

Its more english than irish to give crap wedding presents.

Well i wont be asking people that give crap presents or nothing atall i have already sussed that out from other friends realations etc.

What are basing that wild generalisation on, this thread?  ::)

tyrone girl

Quote from: cavan4ever on August 19, 2009, 12:27:35 PM

U are taking the piss arent u and im rising to it like a fool

pintsofguinness

Quote from: thebigfella on August 19, 2009, 12:20:56 PM
Some big shots around this board today  :D

yes but I'm with Billy, a shock is on the way, I'm surprised it hasnt hit them already. 

I just think pintsofguinness has a major gripe on "paying for someone else's wedding" simple as that and that the invitation is seen as a summons
Id rather receive a summons than an invitation, especially when it takes me five minutes to think of who the invitation is from and how they know me and then it dawns on me I haven't seen them since school ffs.  But no, I'd say they're inviting me for my company!

For instance, Pints is sitting at a wedding thinking of how much it cost him and of the holiday he could be on. If thats his attitude I don't think he should have went as he isn't doing himself any favours and is been two faced to the bride and groom.
I generally only go to family weddings and close friends, I ignore the rest of the invitations.

Quote from: cavan4ever on August 19, 2009, 12:27:35 PM

Have a small private wedding then and what you save would probably cover a deposit.

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?