Prettiest/Most spectacular venue for playing a game?

Started by Denn Forever, August 12, 2009, 12:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Ramors Pitch is a nice venue with the lake behind the pitch.
Killdallons is also nice with the mountains and windmalls in the back,
None are at the level of Kilcars pitch though,That is a fabulous background for any pitch.

Farrandeelin

Burrishoole's pitch in Newport isn't that bad either.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

red hander

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 12, 2009, 02:27:08 PM
Kicking into Lough Neagh and midges at Derrylaughan is hard to beat!!

Ditto Maghery ... got ate alive there one summer's night

SLIGONIAN

St Molaise Gaels in Grange, between the atlantic and Benbulben, Im sure yeve all passed it on the road between Sligo and Donegal N15 its right on the road. Is a pretty spectactular setting.

On the kilcar pitch you can see Sligo in the background even Benbulben(Great photo).
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 12, 2009, 06:02:06 PM
Burrishoole's pitch in Newport isn't that bad either.

I'd be too concerned with keeping an eye out for late elbows in Burrishoole rather than looking at the view!

As far as Mayo goes Achill is fairly scenic. Right along the coast. But Donegal has some of the finest likely to be seen, if pics posted here previously are anything to go by.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Mourne Rover

Tyronebhoy was entitled to nominate Longstone, but all five Kingdom of Mourne clubs have fantastic settings. Attical and Glasdrumman are probably just about the pick, as  both have fantastic scenery.

ONeill

I'm sure that pitch near Waterfoot must have some view.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ludermor

Have any of the Mayo lads ever played on Kiltanes 'second' pitch in Doohoma? It has to be the most exposed pitch in the country and would be as near the atlantic as Kilcars pitch with no shelter at all, stunning in the summer time and wild in the winter.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: ludermor on August 13, 2009, 09:01:26 AM
Have any of the Mayo lads ever played on Kiltanes 'second' pitch in Doohoma? It has to be the most exposed pitch in the country and would be as near the atlantic as Kilcars pitch with no shelter at all, stunning in the summer time and wild in the winter.

is it near when the have the races ludernor ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

ludermor

They have the races in doolough ( near geesala) the doohoma pitch is about 5 miles away overlooking achill and blacksod. The races are on this weekend actually, somes days craic at that!

under the bar

QuoteIn Ireland Cushendall must be up there.  There's a pic of the gound floating around on this board somewhere.

Are there better and prettier GAA grounds in other countries 

Yes Tyronebhoy, you might just be a slip of a lad but believe it or not there are GAA grounds outside of these shores!

ludermor

the Deel Rover

Quote from: ludermor on August 13, 2009, 09:39:30 AM
They have the races in doolough ( near geesala) the doohoma pitch is about 5 miles away overlooking achill and blacksod. The races are on this weekend actually, somes days craic at that!

Yeah i was at ithe races last year hopefully the weather will be better this year probably head back on sunday
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

stpauls

Quote from: ludermor on August 13, 2009, 09:46:24 AM

The Achill pitch is on some setting

i wonder how many footballs have been lost over the fence from misplaced passes?  ;D

ludermor

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 13, 2009, 09:46:50 AM
Quote from: ludermor on August 13, 2009, 09:39:30 AM

Yeah i was at ithe races last year hopefully the weather will be better this year probably head back on sunday
Ah good stuff, might run into ya so, ill be the fella crying beside the bookies