Prettiest/Most spectacular venue for playing a game?

Started by Denn Forever, August 12, 2009, 12:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

;D
Just thought I'd lighten the discussion.

What is the prettiest or most spectacular venue for playing a game?  Our club played at Shannon Gaels in Blacklion with the field overlooking a lake.  Very pretty and we won!
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Denn Forever on August 12, 2009, 12:59:55 PM
;D
Just thought I'd lighten the discussion.

What is the prettiest or most spectacular venue for playing a game?  Our club played at Sannon Gaels in Blacklion with the field overlooking a lack.  Very pretty and we won!

It wasn't so pretty the last time I played there with a big British Army base the other side of the lake and one of them Giant Helicopters taking off and landing. It is much prettier now that they are gone.

Carbery

under the bar

In Ireland Cushendall must be up there.  There's a pic of the gound floating around on this board somewhere.

tyronebhoy

Quote from: under the bar on August 12, 2009, 01:23:00 PM
In Ireland Cushendall must be up there.  There's a pic of the gound floating around on this board somewhere.

Are there better and prettier GAA grounds in other countries  ;)

In all seriousness, my girlfriend plays camogie for bredagh in belfast and they play in the Co. Down league.  Some of the grounds near the mournes are quite spectacular.  Longstone and Darragh Cross are both great.

Canalman

Binn Éadair's pitch in Howth has some views on it of the North County coast and the Cooley Mountains and I think the Mournes as well. By Dublin standards the St. Martins and Stars of Erins pitches are also picturesque.

Dolphin Park and Martin Savage Park are not imo the most cheerful of venues.

corn02

There was a super thread before, but I can't find it because I can;t remeber what it was called, anyone know?

mackers

Quote from: tyronebhoy on August 12, 2009, 01:39:44 PM
Quote from: under the bar on August 12, 2009, 01:23:00 PM

Are there better and prettier GAA grounds in other countries  ;)

In all seriousness, my girlfriend plays camogie for bredagh in belfast and they play in the Co. Down league.  Some of the grounds near the mournes are quite spectacular.  Longstone and Darragh Cross are both great.
It must be love, tyronebhoy, following your girlfriend's camogie team round Co Down, I'll give you a couple of months and you'll have quit that!! :P
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tyronebhoy

mackers

season is now finished so my weekly trips around the county are now at an end.

orangeman

There's some really nice pitches along the coast in Donegal. Derrybeg / Bunbeg, Downings etc etc.

stpauls

I like playing on Saul's pitch in Down, a great view of Stangford Lough!!

BennyHarp

Kicking into Lough Neagh and midges at Derrylaughan is hard to beat!!
That was never a square ball!!

ziggysego

Looking over the Sperrins in Greencastle is great... on a good day. On a bad you, you're likely to be blown over the Sperrins.
Testing Accessibility