USPGA

Started by full back, August 12, 2009, 11:10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magickingdom

hope its harry and tiger in last group tomorrow, harry owes him one after the last 3 rounds. .

mick999

Paddy back level !!

T1 1   Padraig Harrington   -7 14 -4 68 73 - - 141
T1 -    Tiger Woods  -7 12 E 67 70 - - 137

sky sports link working well...http://www.skysports.com/golf/video/uspga

anportmorforjfc

Paddy bogeys the last to finish -6. Tiger -8 with two to play.

Capt Pat

Padraig cuts Tigers lead in half today and won't be playing in the final group tomorrow. This might take the pressure off him. I know it is Tiger Woods but it is not easy leading a major pretty much from start to finish as Tiger has done in this tournament. Padraig is in the perfect position.

Bogball XV

tough to see past tiger now though, very poor bogey at the last for harrington, still he has the chance to put some pressure on woods early on, that might mean woods has to take the driver back out of the bag and then the fun could start.
Yang has also held off a charging tiger in china two years ago, he didn't play with him in the final round though.

magickingdom

think harry would have had a better chance if he was in tigers group, after playing with him for 3 of the last 4 rounds i think he would have been up to it. still he'll get his chances of a 4th major tomorrow, i expect to be a nervous wreck!!!!

Barney

I think that last bogey for PH is crucial.

He has to pull back two shots on Tiger last yesterday again - Tiger will be more ruthless this time and will look to go out and destroy the field early on. Yang will falter. Harry would be in a stronger position if alongside him. It will take a superhuman effort

gerrykeegan

i think playing in front of tiger is known to be the worst place as all the tiger fans come running ahead to get a spot to see tiger
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

SLIGONIAN

It did Harrington no harm those Tiger spotters running ahead in R3, Hope he does it and wish him well. Did well yday after a shaky start so only 2 back he is in contention.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

magickingdom

Quote from: Barney on August 16, 2009, 09:25:23 AM

He has to pull back two shots on Tiger last yesterday again - Tiger will be more ruthless this time and will look to go out and destroy the field early on. Yang will falter. Harry would be in a stronger position if alongside him. It will take a superhuman effort

couldnt agree more, also tiger is 14-0 in majors leading after 54 holes. i still think that if anyone can beat tiger its harry, tiger didnt go flag hunting yesterday and he'll have to today and thats where the mistakes can be made

gallsman

Quote from: magickingdom on August 16, 2009, 01:05:06 PM
Quote from: Barney on August 16, 2009, 09:25:23 AM

couldnt agree more, also tiger is 14-0 in majors leading after 54 holes. i still think that if anyone can beat tiger its harry, tiger didnt go flag hunting yesterday and he'll have to today and thats where the mistakes can be made

More to the point though, that's what Harrington will have to do! Hope he can do it but it's hard to see past Woods.

Bogball XV

it'a windy today, early scoring has been very poor - harry has always been pretty good in the wind, tiger has never excelled in it (see british open last month).

FL/MAYO

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on August 16, 2009, 06:23:15 PM
What time is Harry & the Tiger teeing off at tonight?

pos    player    score    thru    today
1    Tiger Woods    -8    1:45 pm CT    -
T2    Padraig Harrington    -6    1:36 pm CT    -
T2    Y.E. Yang      -6            1:45 pm CT    -
T4    Lucas Glover    -4    1:27 pm CT    -
T4    Henrik Stenson    -4    1:36 pm

6 hours behind Ireland

magickingdom

Quote from: Bogball XV on August 16, 2009, 05:15:35 PM
it'a windy today, early scoring has been very poor - harry has always been pretty good in the wind, tiger has never excelled in it (see british open last month).

only something like 11 of 68 under par so far....

Bogball XV

seems to be getting a wee bit easier though, bit of rain softening the greens - there's been a few early birdies, harry has to get one or two of them.