Which Wing of the 'Wolfe Tones' do you Support?

Started by Seany, August 06, 2009, 04:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evil Genius

Quote from: full back on August 06, 2009, 04:42:44 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on August 06, 2009, 04:40:10 PM
Apparently Brendan Behan once said that the first item on the agenda of any Republican Meeting is a split. On that basis, the Wolfe Tones have (belatedly) proved their credentials.

For the sake of decency (and music), it's a shame that they didn't stick to the traditional Order of Business, mind... ::)

Will you fcuk off out of this thread before you spoil another one ::)
No.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Evil Genius

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 06, 2009, 04:46:29 PM
Apparently Brendan Behan once said that the first item on the agenda of any Republican Meeting is a split. On that basis, the Wolfe Tones have (belatedly) proved their credentials.

For the sake of decency (and music), it's a shame that they didn't stick to the traditional Order of Business, mind... ::)
Whats this "traditional order of business" you speak of?
Jeez, are you thick or wha? The clue is in the word "first". You know, get the Split out of the way (ahem) first...

Sadly, the terrorist-loving, music-murdering Tones neglected to split up before they even formed.  >:(
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 06, 2009, 06:25:15 PM
Could you answer why question EG?
I could see above answer why question previous post... :D
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Evil Genius on August 06, 2009, 06:29:22 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 06, 2009, 04:46:29 PM

Whats this "traditional order of business" you speak of?
Jeez, are you thick or wha? The clue is in the word "first". You know, get the Split out of the way (ahem) first...

Sadly, the terrorist-loving, music-murdering Tones neglected to split up before they even formed.  >:(

Ah right, I thought you might have been suggesting something else.

What four musicians ever done to you I dont know, but anyway...

Evil Genius

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 06, 2009, 06:35:26 PM
What four musicians ever done to you I dont know, but anyway...
"Four musicians" like, say, The Beatles?

Nothing.

"Four musicians" like, say, the Wolfe Tones who eg glorify vicious murderers?

Fcuk 'Em, I say.
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

pintsofguinness

Just listened to that through, that's just very sad, it's hard to know who's right or wrong.  Sounds like Derek may have got a little big for his boots but I'd say the deaths of his wife and daughter didn't help his judgement.  They all sound quite sad about what happened, Brian Warfield seemed close to tears at one stage, hopefully they'll sort it out.  Even if they can never agree on the music end of things it would be something if they could reconcile as brothers.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

gallsman

Just listened to it. Joe was awful at the end of it.

Derek Warfield is apparently in Coppers every Tuesday. The dirty fecker!

balladmaker

The fact that three stayed together, and one got the boot, probably tells its own story.....and I ain't saying any more than that, other than the fact that The Wolfe Tones play Iontas, Castleblayney, tonight, August 7th.

Liveline is Car crash radio at its best, and any debate is always going to be dragged to the gutter.  The whole funerals thing had no place in a debate about false advertising.

carribbear

carribbear

Quote from: Evil Genius on August 06, 2009, 06:43:27 PM
"Four musicians" like, say, The Beatles?
Nothing.
"Four musicians" like, say, the Wolfe Tones who eg glorify vicious murderers?
Fcuk 'Em, I say.

How about asking van morrison to write a wee ballad to celebrate the beating up of a 9 year old?

mylestheslasher

The wolfe tonnes were always fighting amongst themselves. I went to see them years ago in Crosskeys and in the pub before the gig they were in the bar having a pint, one at each corner of the bar and none of them talking to each other. It struck me as bizarre at the time. Totally different when on stage, you think they all were the best of buddies. One thing I will also say is that they were hungry for the cash. We had to beg them to run a raffle for SF at one of their gigs and of course they demanded a % of the gate as opposed to a flat fee (the only rebel band in Ireland to do that in my experience)

pintsofguinness

Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 07, 2009, 09:03:01 AM
The wolfe tonnes were always fighting amongst themselves. I went to see them years ago in Crosskeys and in the pub before the gig they were in the bar having a pint, one at each corner of the bar and none of them talking to each other. It struck me as bizarre at the time. Totally different when on stage, you think they all were the best of buddies. One thing I will also say is that they were hungry for the cash. We had to beg them to run a raffle for SF at one of their gigs and of course they demanded a % of the gate as opposed to a flat fee (the only rebel band in Ireland to do that in my experience)

I never thought of them as real "rebels", they simply used it to cash in.

Maybe I'm wrong though.

NAG1

No your not wrong there POG, when the stirling was strong they wanted paid in that and vice versa with the Euro. Money hungry wouldnt come into it. They were never a real 'republican' just four guys who could play saw a niche in the market and decided to cash in and there were people stupid enough to buy into them.