Kevin McStay: blind or biased?

Started by Leo, August 02, 2009, 10:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orchardexile

Quote from: JMohan on August 04, 2009, 01:33:09 PM
Quote from: orchardexile on August 04, 2009, 01:28:45 PM
Did you hear McStay yesterday commenting that the Kerry handpassing was bordering on the edge  as the Dubs were getting hammered early on in the match 

I can't stand his comments. 

You can tell normally very early in the match which team he is going for !!!

What did he mean?

Well he hated Armagh anyway :)

He meant that their handpassing was close to illegal

Buckass

Heard Lyons was giving FF finance ministers advice over last decade too

the Deel Rover

Quote from: JMohan on August 05, 2009, 07:13:33 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on August 05, 2009, 03:30:40 AM
I have to say Spillane has talked a lot more sense since he returned to the analysts side of the panel. Most of what he says is fairly bang on - especially his comments earlier in the season about a lot of players with sh*te basic skills..
I noticed that too
I think it's because he knows he can't be any more controversial than Brolly

any of ye see joe throwing his dummy out of the pram because spillane cut across him when he was in the middle of an insightfull statement poor auld michael lyster didn't know what to do  :D. seems to me that brolly and spillane can't stand each other
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

Ì loved Spillane saying something along the lines of 'No one could live with Kerry today, Tyrone, Galway, Cork, Dublin, Offaly, no one'.

Offaly? Pat, Jaysus we can't live with Wexford or Westmeath. Is 1982 still affecting you that much? :D

An Laoch

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 05, 2009, 12:10:09 PM
Ì loved Spillane saying something along the lines of 'No one could live with Kerry today, Tyrone, Galway, Cork, Dublin, Offaly, no one'.

Offaly? Pat, Jaysus we can't live with Wexford or Westmeath. Is 1982 still affecting you that much? :D

I was thinking that myself when he said Offaly all right. I imagine ears were pricking up all over the the faithful. :)

INDIANA

Quote from: stephenite on August 04, 2009, 12:29:03 PM
Quote from: JMohan on August 04, 2009, 12:26:25 PM
I'm told Lyons is still a pretty close advisor to Gilroy

Serious? I'd be shocked if that was the case

You heard wrong on that one. Definitely isn't. Somebody else is alright- which concerns me in its own way.

JMohan

Quote from: INDIANA on August 05, 2009, 02:27:25 PM
Quote from: stephenite on August 04, 2009, 12:29:03 PM
Quote from: JMohan on August 04, 2009, 12:26:25 PM
I'm told Lyons is still a pretty close advisor to Gilroy

Serious? I'd be shocked if that was the case

You heard wrong on that one. Definitely isn't. Somebody else is alright- which concerns me in its own way.
I didn't hear wrong

INDIANA

Lyons is definitely not involved- someone else from a previous management is.

JMohan

Never said he was 'involved' ... said advise(d)

Who is there from the last reign?
Billings?

INDIANA

Quote from: JMohan on August 05, 2009, 02:52:56 PM
Never said he was 'involved' ... said advise(d)

Who is there from the last reign?
Billings?
;)

JMohan

INDIANA

More official he is the fitness and conditioning expert they use.

JMohan

Well that will be questioned after Monday too - Though it's hard to know if that was an issue - easy to look unfit and burnt-out when your been beaten by 20 points

INDIANA

Quote from: JMohan on August 05, 2009, 03:01:32 PM
Well that will be questioned after Monday too - Though it's hard to know if that was an issue - easy to look unfit and burnt-out when your been beaten by 20 points

Something went badly wrong somewhere- Either overtrained or undercooked- I suspect the latter. They did shag all training last week. But thats a collective management decision thing rather than a single individual. Its the sort of thing that happens in the NFL when teams are training hard or in a challenge match. Rarely at the quarter final stage will you see a complete implosion by literally every player.
Again I stress we wouldn't have won- but I know myself the managament have to be asking themselves- something went wrong to be so flat.

JMohan

Quote from: INDIANA on August 05, 2009, 03:06:58 PM
Quote from: JMohan on August 05, 2009, 03:01:32 PM

Something went badly wrong somewhere- Either overtrained or undercooked- I suspect the latter. They did shag all training last week. But thats a collective management decision thing rather than a single individual. Its the sort of thing that happens in the NFL when teams are training hard or in a challenge match. Rarely at the quarter final stage will you see a complete implosion by literally every player.
Again I stress we wouldn't have won- but I know myself the managament have to be asking themselves- something went wrong to be so flat.

Somebody got something badly wrong alright