Allstars

Started by corn02, July 30, 2009, 04:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Family guy

Would love to see hub keep goin the way hes going,keeping da head down doin the work hes doin and chipping in with 2 or 3 points a game like hes doin,been in best shape in years,hope he stays injury free cuz he deserves an a;;satr,not sure about this but some1 told me hes the only man to get a man of the match in an all ireland final and not get an allstar in the same year

Eastern_Pride

Its been said before but Leighton Glynn is a class above whenever he plays and Mervyn Travers HAS been the best keeper in Ireland.
Dermot Earley for definite though
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

longball

Michael Murphy will get one at corner forward.
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Bogball XV

Quote from: longball on August 03, 2009, 11:05:44 AM
he'll prob get a nomination, but has little chance of getting an award.

heffo

Quote from: Family guy on July 31, 2009, 10:24:40 PM
Would love to see hub keep goin the way hes going,keeping da head down doin the work hes doin and chipping in with 2 or 3 points a game like hes doin,been in best shape in years,hope he stays injury free cuz he deserves an a;;satr,not sure about this but some1 told me hes the only man to get a man of the match in an all ireland final and not get an allstar in the same year

Come again?

longball

Quote from: Bogball XV on August 03, 2009, 11:12:47 AM

Id imagine he'l get one, and young player of the year.
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

the Deel Rover

Quote from: longball on August 03, 2009, 11:33:20 AM
Quote from: Bogball XV on August 03, 2009, 11:12:47 AM

Id imagine he'l get one, and young player of the year.

i doubt they will give an all star to any of the loosing quarter finalists even though i hope i'm wrong because i think dermot early deserves one he has been unreal this year
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

paddypastit

There are five teams left in the championship. Of the 278 that are gone, IMO there is only one playert that could realistically be hopeful of an All Star - Earley who was excellent again on Sunday even as Kildare went down. Of those that are left again IMO only Trevor Mortimer of Mayo or Meath has put down a deposit to date for even a nomination. Bernard Brogan should realistically get a nomination as well and Cluxton also, but both will almost certainly be 'passed' out in the next seven weeks.
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

Aaron Boone

David Kelly (Sligo) was brill this year bar one kick of the ball.

imtommygunn

Michael Murphy will get young player of the year.

I'd be very surprised if Early doesn't get one. He'd be the best midfielder by a good bit so far this year.

Antrim / Sligo etc have no hope unfortunately  :( Would love to see an antrim nomination though.

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 05, 2009, 11:08:29 PM
Michael Murphy will get young player of the year.

I'd be very surprised if Early doesn't get one. He'd be the best midfielder by a good bit so far this year.

Antrim / Sligo etc have no hope unfortunately  :( Would love to see an antrim nomination though.
Does that include wicklow?
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

Atticus_Finch

Been very impressed with Murphy but with them going out in the quarter final i feel he maybe over looked to get the young player gong,  who else do you think is in the running for the young player award ? 

What is the age criteria for the young player award, does the player have to be u-21?

"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

imtommygunn

Glynn or Hannon may get a nomination for wicklow. Couldn't see either getting an allstar though...

The teams remaining, well assuming Mayo get there, won't have that many contenders for young player. Though I suppose your man O'Shea would have a big shout depending on how he plays. I didn't see much of Connacht though so not sure. Be surprised if he's as good as Murphy though.

Do Cork have any real young players? I suppose the FF the last day would be one. Tyrone don't have any breakthroughs into the team this year bar Quinn who given Cunningham scored 11 points of him in ulster final wouldbe unlikely to get one. Not sure how young he is either?

I recall someone, can't remember who, getting young player of the year the other year who was over u21. Might have been in hurling mind...

imtommygunn

O'Neill got young player of the year in 2003. He'd have been 22 or 23 then wouldn't he?

tyrone86

Quote from: noeldebrun on August 05, 2009, 11:35:02 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 05, 2009, 11:30:31 PM
O'Neill got young player of the year in 2003. He'd have been 22 or 23 then wouldn't he?

was it not in 2001?

No, O'Neill got an All Star at 11 in 2001 - Cormac McAnallen got YPOTY. Indeed, the first 3 YPOTY were all alumni of St Pat's Armagh - Cormac, Ronan Clarke and Sean Cavanagh