Allstars

Started by corn02, July 30, 2009, 04:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExiledGael

Think we only have two certs at this stage - Dermot Earley and Bernard Brogan.

orangeman

Quote from: SouthDerryGael on July 30, 2009, 05:41:16 PM
Can anyone tell me why Galvin is being so highly rated? This is Paul Galvin who was red carded and also should have been sent off in the other meeting v Cork, and was only really influential against Antrim.

MOM two weeks in a row. But for him, Kerry would be gone.

INDIANA

Quote from: orangeman on July 30, 2009, 06:25:16 PM
Quote from: SouthDerryGael on July 30, 2009, 05:41:16 PM
Can anyone tell me why Galvin is being so highly rated? This is Paul Galvin who was red carded and also should have been sent off in the other meeting v Cork, and was only really influential against Antrim.

MOM two weeks in a row. But for him, Kerry would be gone.

Somebody's on the ball at least.

Maradona

Typical, the west isnt even considered

Andy Moran, McGarrity, T Mortimer and A O'shea have performed as well as most mentioned here, but never mind us!

INDIANA

Quote from: Maradona on July 30, 2009, 06:31:03 PM

Andy Moran, McGarrity, T Mortimer and A O'shea have performed as well as most mentioned here, but never mind us!

Hasn't been a really good game out west this year unfortunately. Thought Mc Garrity was outplayed in the Connacht Final. Andy moran is up against too much competition. But Aidan O Shea and T Mortimer have a good chance- i would add Dillon to that list and the likes of Cafferty who was excellent in the Connacht Final.

orangeman

Quote from: Maradona on July 30, 2009, 06:31:03 PMb][/b]]

Ok.  ;)

Connacht hasn't been good. Apart from the final there wasn't anything like a decent game.

Zulu

There are no certs yet, for example if Flynn (Dublin) and Kelly (Cork) were to both see action until the AI final and both play as well as they have been playing then Galvin would be out. Dillon of Mayo is another capable of taking a wing forward berth if Mayo were to get to the AI, for me only Bernard Brogan and Dermot Early would win an All Star even if they were knocked out of the championship this weekend, Anthony Lynch and John Miskella  are others but their injuries will play against them, especially if they don't get much further.

Maradona

one good game in leinster, one good game in connaught, dont see your point.

muppet

Quote from: ExiledGael on July 30, 2009, 06:21:21 PM
Think we only have two certs at this stage - Dermot Earley and Bernard Brogan.

It's the same shite every year. There are no certs at this stage whatsoever.

The finalists will have over half of the awards with the bulk of the rest coming from the semi-finalists. Any team that loses next weekend can probably kiss any All-Stars goodbye, particularly the non Leinster ones looking at the last 14 years.
MWWSI 2017

orangeman

Quote from: Maradona on July 30, 2009, 06:59:46 PM
one good game in leinster, one good game in connaught, dont see your point.

Leinster has been better all rond. But as I said earlier, all stars won't be picked on what has been done up to this point.

ross4life

last years Connacht final was better than this years! actual leitrim v Roscommon was a better game than Mayo v Galway this year,

unless Mayo go on a Run i think it will be just like last year, i can't see a Connacht all star

also worth noting Mayo top scorer this year is Alan Dillon with 11pts
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Son_of_Sam

Quote from: Maradona on July 30, 2009, 06:31:03 PM

[/

Nicky Joyce

Frank Casey

All star nominations really only get counted from QF stage. Earlier post from Orangeman is right - business end of season = awards and rewards.
KERRY 3:7

ross4life

Quote from: Frank Casey on July 30, 2009, 10:54:01 PM
All star nominations really only get counted from QF stage. Earlier post from Orangeman is right - business end of season = awards and rewards.

hmm so explain why did westmeath get two all stars last year? (they didn't make QF stage)
& wexford get to the semi final & don't get any all star?

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Rav67

Quote from: Joxer on July 30, 2009, 05:24:25 PM
For me:

Certs:

Earley
Brogan
Lacey
Pearse O'Neill
Davy Harte
Paul Galvin
Tommy Walsh

Not Far away:

Paddy Cunningham
Terry O'Neill
Mulligan
Alan Smith
Travers (Wicklow Keeper)
Michael Murphy
Wicklow fulll forward (name escapes me)
Goulding
O'Connor (Cork)

Its absolutely ridiculous to say there are 7 certs at this stage.  And to call Davy Harte a cert, wtf?  Some Tyrone fans don't even think he should start based on performances to date.