Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: nearlymad on August 11, 2009, 02:47:59 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on August 11, 2009, 12:44:32 PM
Quote from: Lecale2 on August 11, 2009, 12:15:17 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on August 11, 2009, 12:11:36 PM
Quote from: Lecale2 on August 11, 2009, 11:33:31 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on August 11, 2009, 11:21:54 AM
Can I add a few comments about jingo??   ;)

Does he want to stay on? There's a 5 man committee considering all the hurling mangers posts.

And who are they?

Kevin Bell, Seamus Ennis, Gerry Mullan, Mickey Keenan & me.

I trust some of you will take time to talk to some of the more considered of the playing panel.

So does Jingo want to continue next year?
There could be a return to the Safrons.

You can have Jingo but we'd like to keep Humpy please.

Mid Down Gael

I harped on all year about players absent from Ross Carrs squad. They where Mickey Walsh, John Clarke, James Colgan, Mark Poland, James McGovern, Conor Laverty and Aidan Brannigan. These players where all outstanding over the weekend and looked better than many county players off 2008 and 2009. I hope they are all included whoever the new manager is because they are all in the top 30 players in Down. There were current county players who couldnt even start for their clubs.

imagine

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on August 11, 2009, 09:18:32 PM
I harped on all year about players absent from Ross Carrs squad. They where Mickey Walsh, John Clarke, James Colgan, Mark Poland, James McGovern, Conor Laverty and Aidan Brannigan. These players where all outstanding over the weekend and looked better than many county players off 2008 and 2009. I hope they are all included whoever the new manager is because they are all in the top 30 players in Down. There were current county players who couldnt even start for their clubs.

Fill us in here,please.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: imagine on August 11, 2009, 10:40:38 PM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on August 11, 2009, 09:18:32 PM

Fill us in here,please.

Colm Murney failed to make Rostrevor starting team. He was used as a sub and was injury free. Martin Cole was also replaced after being cleaned by John Fegan.

Trevor Hill

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on August 12, 2009, 07:57:23 AM
Colm Murney failed to make Rostrevor starting team. He was used as a sub and was injury free. Martin Cole was also replaced after being cleaned by John Fegan.

Is Colm not recovering from an injury?

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: Trevor Hill on August 17, 2009, 12:37:23 AM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on August 12, 2009, 07:57:23 AM

Is Colm not recovering from an injury?

Nope. I was told by a Rostrevor gael that he was not seen to be good enough to make first 15. He did start the replay but failed to make an impression like the rest of the Rostrevor team. Murney has always struggled to nail a starting place for the reds.

Pangurban

The day the players start picking the Manager, will be a bad day for Down football

DuffleKing

Some down players have expressed support for paddy tally (no sniggering) getting the job and rumour has it that tally is working hard to put a back room team together.

how many times have counties gone down the route of the fitness coach who doesn't know his place?

DuffleKing

mickey moran
martin mcelkennan

irunthev

Quote from: DuffleKing on August 19, 2009, 09:41:25 PM

Some down players have expressed support for paddy tally (no sniggering) getting the job and rumour has it that tally is working hard to put a back room team together.

how many times have counties gone down the route of the fitness coach who doesn't know his place?

I couldn't think of a single argument in favour of Paddy Tally becoming  the manager of an inter-county football team. No doubt a brilliant coach / trainer, but I have seen no evidence to suggest that he would be a good manager. Players tend to like their coaches, especially the forward thinking creative types, which Tally is,  as long as they stay as coaches and don't start picking the team. Once a guy gets the power to pick the team, automatically he is a bollix to 15 of his panel of 30 every week. At this point in time Down can not afford to be taking long-shots on managers, they need one with a  proven track record of managing at inter-county level.

DuffleKing

It's a stretch to call tally a coach too. His university managing days suggest that man management and coaching the game are two fcets in which he does not excel. innovative and talented in all facets of training and physically preparing a team, yes. a good coach? no.

bcarrier

Quote from: Pangurban on August 19, 2009, 08:14:33 PM
The day the players start picking the Manager, will be a bad day for Down football

Couldnt agree more .

Cúig huaire

Heard that Pete McGrath is very interested in the Armagh job.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

gorm agus bui

Quote from: Cúig huaire on August 20, 2009, 02:01:10 PM
Heard that Pete McGrath is very interested in the Armagh job.
Here's hoping ;)

Cúig huaire

Heres hoping that he wont lower himself.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.