Kilkenny v Waterford AI semi final 9th August - can Waterford exact revenge ?

Started by orangeman, July 26, 2009, 09:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Last year in the final, the game was over at half time. Can Waterford beat Kilkenny this time around ?? Will Davy try to rough them up again ?

INDIANA

No but Kilkenny will get a game this time round. Waterford are better balanced this time round in my view.

GalwayBayBoy

I doubt it to be honest. Will probably be closer than last year's final alright but it would be hard not to.

longrunsthefox

I think theyll be trounced again too.. praying Limerick dont beat Tipp as at laest there is some hope Tipp give KK a game in the final.

orangeman

Just seen the betting for the 2 semi finals -

KK are 1/10 and Tipp are 1/5. Hard to believe that both are SO short.

anglocelt39

I suppose the few things that stand in Waterfords favour:

Anything less than a 12 point defeat would be seen as a major improvement on last years debacle;

There isn't as much for Waterford to freeze over this time, they've played in plenty of semi finals before'

We will hardly get the same combination of Kilkenny perfection and Waterford collapse on the same day.

If Fitzgerald can get them to just go out and "Give it a lash, See what happens" we might get something. Am wondering should he throw in a few elements of surprise e.g. give Shanahan junior a start. Perhaps hold back big Dan, KK can play Dan like a Banjo at this stage
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

deiseach

Quote from: anglocelt39 on July 27, 2009, 10:01:33 PM
Anything less than a 12 point defeat would be seen as a major improvement on last years debacle;

There isn't as much for Waterford to freeze over this time, they've played in plenty of semi finals before'

We will hardly get the same combination of Kilkenny perfection and Waterford collapse on the same day.

All good points.

It's not exactly a recipe for 'victory' though, is it? ;)

Bord na Mona man

Take out last year's final and Waterford-Kilkenny games in the last 11 years have typically been close matches.

In 2004 Kilkenny gave Galway a 19 point beating in Thurles and a few splinters too.
The next year, Galway came back and beat the Cats.
Davy Fitz was also playing around with Clare in 1993 when they lost to Tipp by 18 points (when Nicky laughed) and in 1994 they came back and beat Tipp.
Waterford should look to turnarounds like these to inspire them.

longrunsthefox

Croí na hÉireann

Waterford's scrape over the line against Galway reminded me of Corks against Galway last year. Cork got beat by 8 points in the semi against KK (IIRC) and the Deise will be beaten by something similar, sad but true. Tipp will easily account for Limerick in the other semi (Dublin would have given them a better game IMO) & hopefully Tipp will run the Cats close in the final, get your money on...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Reillers

They have no hope. Having one or two players on incredible form isn't enough. Mullane can't (unless Kilkenny seriously selfdestruct) win them the game on his own. Same way Ben couldn't win it for Cork on his own last season. It's not going to be enough. And it's probably going to be a 10 plus defeat. If Limerick loose, which as much as I'd love to see them go to the final (and win..ya right) I think Tipp will take the game, and it'd be better competitive wise as well. Then a Tipp v KK final. We're all hoping Tipp give KK a game. But I can really only see one out come.

I wanted Galway to beat Waterford and overall they would have given KK a much bigger challenge but, Waterford's momentum and a bit of luck got them through but I really can't see them giving KK much of a game unless all their players play better then they have in a long time and KK have a really off day. Galway would have challenged them more but like Waterford v Tipp last season or Waterford and Limerick the season before, the better team didn't win, and in the end the better team for the competition, the teams that would have challenged KK more, didn't win and Kilkenny ran free. Hopefully Waterford will give them a game, but unless all their team plays to their best of their ability and/or KK have just one really really bad day, I can't see it happening. 

EddieMerx

heffo

Quote from: EddieMerx on July 29, 2009, 01:04:09 PM
My God I agree with Reillers :o I have to go have a lie down ;)

It's ok - he just copied and pasted it from a post he read on rebelgaa - you can relax..

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on July 29, 2009, 01:20:23 PM

It's ok - he just copied and pasted it from a post he read on rebelgaa - you can relax..

Do you ever pull that ginormous stick out of your ass or are you always such a childish bitter indivudual? Get over yourself, or better yet get a hobby. GAA maybe. You might enjoy it.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on July 29, 2009, 01:23:48 PM
Quote from: heffo on July 29, 2009, 01:20:23 PM

Do you ever pull that ginormous stick out of your ass or are you always such a childish bitter indivudual? Get over yourself, or better yet get a hobby. GAA maybe. You might enjoy it.

Say that in English will you??

Come on Reillers lad - it's you who's the bitter one - you believed all the lies peddled by the GPA/Product launchers and now that their tissue of lies unfolded before you, you decide to take it out on me..