Kerry V Dublin

Started by magickingdom, July 26, 2009, 06:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RMDrive

Quote from: Diet Coke on August 03, 2009, 09:17:10 PM
The Dubs should try the back door system next year....they need regular games.........I certainly wouldn't write them off just yet, after all Kerry were written off after Longford and Sligo and Antrim.

Also hope it's not the last we've seen of Whelan and Ryan.....a good rest and they'll be back.

How exactly do you TRY the back door system? Do you mean to deliberately throw a game? Or not train that hard and hope that someone is good enough to beat you?

Diet Coke

Quote from: RMDrive on August 03, 2009, 09:35:31 PM
Quote from: Diet Coke on August 03, 2009, 09:17:10 PM
The Dubs should try the back door system next year....they need regular games.........I certainly wouldn't write them off just yet, after all Kerry were written off after Longford and Sligo and Antrim.

Also hope it's not the last we've seen of Whelan and Ryan.....a good rest and they'll be back.

How exactly do you TRY the back door system? Do you mean to deliberately throw a game? Or not train that hard and hope that someone is good enough to beat you?
Correct in one ....build up your training to peak at the right time......for eg.....Tyrone last year.......lost to Down and still win SAM......Provincial titles are not what they used to be.
Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.

johnpower

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 03, 2009, 09:19:47 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 27, 2009, 05:15:18 PM
I think Jack O'Connor would be well served switching Tommy Walsh and Declan O'Sullivan next Monday. Alan Smith had Denis Bastic in a lot of trouble in the Leinster Final before the ball going in dried up in the second half, I think Declan O'Sullivan could do likewise. He started off his Kerry career as a full forward and played there for Coláiste na Sceilge. Playing Walsh in on the edge of the square will suit Bastic and play into Dublin's hands. Putting Walsh out on the forty will also test Bryan Cullen by putting him on the back foot - something Kildare failed to do to our cost.

I've a feeling Kerry could finally click into gear on Monday. Should be a cracker.

Send on the cheque Jack boy!  ;D

Well done very perceptive .Then most Kildare people know their football

Awesome display of football from the Kingdom. Well worth the €35 to watch that live. Cheered me up no end after yesterday's result.

Bogball XV

Quote from: nobackdoor on August 03, 2009, 09:05:16 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on August 03, 2009, 08:52:40 PM
It was easy for Kerry to raise themselves for this one today though, everyone wrote them off, given their previous performances you couldn't give them a chance in this one.  But finally it all clicked for them, for probably the first time since Galway last year, (Galway didn't bother defending against them either).  They may not be able to raise the level to that again and I've been impressed by Mayo this year, this could be their year to finally overcome the Kingdom - if it's Meath they play, it'd be hard to avoid another Kerry final appearance.
Repeat of the '89 final then, Mayo v Cork, but this time Mayo will come through and John O'Mahony will have a dail seat for life!

The best thing that could happen for Mayo football is a one point defeat to Meath. In this scenario, Mayo people will then be able to avoid their biannual public humiliation at the hands of Kerry. Mayo r about 15 players short of a good team. As one of the previous posters said, the most important part of the body is the top 2 inches, and Mayo are fatally flawed in this area.

Even a cursory look at the facts indicates that Mayo r miles away from competing at the highest level. They beat Galway by a point whose subsequent conquerors were annihalted by Cork.

Dream on, and keep the Sawdoctors "to win just once" on the turntable

Aye and Kildare lost to Dublin by 3, Tyrone beat them by 2, so Kerry should beat Tyrone by 18 (we'll leave out last week's game with Antrim for the purposes of this study)

spectator

Radio Kerry replaying the match commentary now, if anyone is interested

http://powerlink.powerstream.net/002/00187/live1.asx

comethekingdom

Thanks Spectator.
Great stuff altogether! :)

Farrandeelin

Quote from: nobackdoor on August 03, 2009, 09:05:16 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on August 03, 2009, 08:52:40 PM
It was easy for Kerry to raise themselves for this one today though, everyone wrote them off, given their previous performances you couldn't give them a chance in this one.  But finally it all clicked for them, for probably the first time since Galway last year, (Galway didn't bother defending against them either).  They may not be able to raise the level to that again and I've been impressed by Mayo this year, this could be their year to finally overcome the Kingdom - if it's Meath they play, it'd be hard to avoid another Kerry final appearance.
Repeat of the '89 final then, Mayo v Cork, but this time Mayo will come through and John O'Mahony will have a dail seat for life!

The best thing that could happen for Mayo football is a one point defeat to Meath. In this scenario, Mayo people will then be able to avoid their biannual public humiliation at the hands of Kerry. Mayo r about 15 players short of a good team. As one of the previous posters said, the most important part of the body is the top 2 inches, and Mayo are fatally flawed in this area.

Even a cursory look at the facts indicates that Mayo r miles away from competing at the highest level. They beat Galway by a point whose subsequent conquerors were annihalted by Cork.

Dream on, and keep the Sawdoctors "to win just once" on the turntable

Bogball won't have much dreams about Mayo winning anyth8ing my dear newbie. He's not even from Mayo.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Zulu

QuoteAnd ALL have to be fixed before we can get back to challenge the likes of Kerry. the Gaa doesn't need any one county.

Correct, the GAA needs every county but major population centres like Dublin, Meath, Kildare and Wicklow are very important. What happened today is a problem for more than Dublin GAA, it's great that Kerry can produce a performace like this but Dublin should be able to (at least) compete. No GAA man should be happy about today.

Over the Bar

Is the game repeated anywhere?  Missed it as I was at work.

johnpower

Quote from: spectator on August 03, 2009, 10:11:25 PM

Excellent ,some thing to listen to as I scan the Sunday Newspaper to see which of these buckos know anthing about our national game .

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: spectator on August 03, 2009, 10:11:25 PM

Weeshie is some man for the football - could listen to him till the cows come home. You'd miss Liam Higgins alongside him though.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

comethekingdom

Liam Higgins RIP was a legend too. Really brought colour to match commentaries. Pity talent like these boys and others from other counties cant make it to RTE. Canning, Morrisey etc are cat!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: johnpower on August 03, 2009, 10:30:17 PM
Excellent ,some thing to listen to as I scan the Sunday Newspaper to see which of these buckos know anthing about our national game .

Will next Sunday's Tribune come with a complimetary free humble pie from Liam Hayes??
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Canalman

Serious humbling for a proud footballing county. Alot of gravedancing ahead of us I'm afraid. Our enemies/detractors must be ecstatic .

A generational wait for Sam ahead of us I'm afraid. Hope to forensically analyse defeat later.

Oíche Mhaith and Up the Dubs.

Yes I Would

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 03, 2009, 10:43:46 PM
Quote from: johnpower on August 03, 2009, 10:30:17 PM

Will next Sunday's Tribune come with a complimetary free humble pie from Liam Hayes??

You must be jokin!