Kerry V Dublin

Started by magickingdom, July 26, 2009, 06:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

[quote author=orangeman link

But the biggest disappointment has to go to Denis Bastick who committed a shameful act when he shoved the Gooch into the advertising hoardings. But he surpassed himself whenever Ciaran Donaghy who was the Kerry maor usice for the day, was stood on by Bastick, knowing that he had a fractured bone in his foot. Bastick is far too good a footballer to get invlolved in this sort of crap. A low blow by Bastick who should have seen red earlier.
[/quote]
I disagree wholeheartedly

orangeman

Quote from: rrhf on August 03, 2009, 06:32:22 PM

But the biggest disappointment has to go to Denis Bastick who committed a shameful act when he shoved the Gooch into the advertising hoardings. But he surpassed himself whenever Ciaran Donaghy who was the Kerry maor usice for the day, was stood on by Bastick, knowing that he had a fractured bone in his foot. Bastick is far too good a footballer to get invlolved in this sort of crap. A low blow by Bastick who should have seen red earlier.
[/quote]

Trying to be kind to him.

yellowcard

Quote from: rrhf on August 03, 2009, 06:32:22 PM

[/quote]

Beat me to it. Dublin have never had a decent full back since Paddy Christie retired.

yellowcard

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 03, 2009, 06:21:00 PM
Quote from: magickingdom on August 03, 2009, 06:05:54 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 03, 2009, 05:59:04 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 03, 2009, 05:23:19 PM
Quote from: tyssam5 on August 03, 2009, 05:11:13 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 03, 2009, 05:08:40 PM
That dreadful thought of another Tyrone v Kerry final is creeping in again now. Kerry going for 6 finals in a row look to be a shoe in to make the final on that display. I really am sick of them at ths stage but their class told today up front where their passing and movement was top notch. I still think they are weak up the middle of the defence against a team running at pace. McCarthy done well today even though he was put under no real pressure.

Come on Cork, please save this championship from another Tyrone Kerry final fest.

Aye cos the last Kerry v. Cork final was such a classic and all!

Never mentioned it being a classic, just fed up of the same 2 teams contesting the final. No doubt Kerry would probably do the usual crumbling when confronted with Tyrones in your face tactics. The rebels are the only chance of breaking this monopoly so I'm willing them on from here on in.

And your not fed up of Kerry being in the final year after year? They have been in the final 7 years out of last 9 and look like making in 8 out of 10.

archie, whose fault is that? i get sick of the sight of killkenny in the hurling but their brilliant at the end of the day and i dispare at times of anyone beating them because of the skill levels involved. not so much in football where the skill levels are not so different and its a huge tribute to the kerry players that they put in so much time and effort. the most important ingredient in kerry football is hunger and others counties can quickly match kerry if they match their hunger

Im not saying it Kerry's fault, they were good value for getting to all them finals and fair play to them. He quoted that he was fed up seeing Tyrone and Kerry in the final all the time, but they have only played in the final twice this decade and Tyrone have only appeared in one other final compared to Kerry's 7 finals this decade, so I cant see why he is fed up seeing Tyrone and Kerry in the final when Kerry have been there more times.

True I know they only played twice in finals but they have shared the last 6 All Irelands and I really hope we see a new face lifting Sam in September. Nothing wrong with that. Cork are best equipped to do this and the likes of Canty, Lynch, Murphy et al deserve an All Ireland.

Shamrock Shore

Terrible terrible display by Dublin.

They stank the joint worse than last year.

How did it go so wrong agin the worst Kerry side in living memory?

FL/MAYO

I have no problem with a Kerry/Tyrone final again, the last 2 were great games but I believe that Cork will give Tyrone problems the next day.
Kerry will be hard to stop now the only problem might be letting themsleves get caught by Mayo or Meath in the semi final they seem to playing poorly against teams that just dont catch their interest, Dublin today were a team that peaked Kerry's interest as will Tyrone or Cork in the final.

glens73

I'd say Cork will do Kerry a favour by beating Tyrone and then lose the final

Armamike

Quote from: Diet Coke on August 03, 2009, 04:22:27 PM
That puke McStay...did you hear him before the game......the Dubs full forward line were the best in the game......a complete TOOL!! :D

Well played Kerry proved a lot of people wrong...including myself.

I nearly choked when i heard that one myself. Kevin, Kevin, Kevin!

That football was a joy to watch. A lot of people never learn, when it comes to writing off teams like Kerry. Too many brilliant footballers in their set up to be ever written off.  They just seem to lift themselves when they get to Croke Park. No team needs to be playing brilliant all year to go the whole way.  

Dublin have taken a lot of bad beatings over the years - there's a soft underbelly there to put it mildly.
That's just, like your opinion man.

nobackdoor

Bad result for the GAA financially.

The Dubs bring alot of money to the table. I can't c too many supporting them next year and paying good money to watch moving statues as another poster called them.

In fact, I think alot of young fellahs in the capital will continue to drift to sports that Dublin have some success in, soccer and rugby.

A shambles of a game from a team that never fails to choke on the big day. I'd say the Dublin hurlers r closer to winning an AI than that shower of wasters. Why the hell is Sherlock still playing on the team? He was past it 10 years ago.

Pathetic, overhyped rubbish. Never have 15 promised so much and delivered so little.
The backdoor has ruined it

magickingdom

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on August 03, 2009, 06:57:41 PM

you have to be taking the piss

Armamike

Quote from: Gnevin on August 03, 2009, 05:34:55 PM
Quote from: magickingdom on August 03, 2009, 05:31:18 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on August 03, 2009, 05:27:34 PM
Quote from: mckieran on August 03, 2009, 03:53:28 PM
Wonderful display by Kerry. I dont think they will walk to an AI now though. Mayo could give them a good game if they win next week. And Cork will be very hard beat. A lot still to do for Kerry.

Really at time I thought it was quite mediocre. I mean there was some amount of wides and alot of running into blind alleys. Kerry have toppled the house of cards nothing more.  

thats nice of you gnevin, you can only trash whats put in front of you

True enough.  However would you not agree that at time Kerry looked lost against what was a non existent Dublin? Wides, Passing and Shape?

I'm just saying it's hard to read into Kerry's form after Dublin decided not to turn up

Jeez, it would be hard to find too many faults with that Kerry performance, it was fantasy football. It's highly unlikely they'll play to that level again this year but you have to admire that performance all the same.
That's just, like your opinion man.

orangeman

Quote from: magickingdom on August 03, 2009, 07:07:51 PM

you have to be taking the piss

Awesome dispaly from a brilliant Kerry team.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: SidelineKick on August 03, 2009, 06:25:23 PM
Quote from: glens73 on August 03, 2009, 06:18:21 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 03, 2009, 06:13:18 PM
Jeez, did I get that wrong!

But then, I didn't expect statues to turn up for the Dublin Team? What the feck! Does Paddy Power have that much subliminal control over Dublin that once he declares them favourites in an Inter-Provincial they turn to mush?

Kerry very impressive, and fair play to them, they've risen to the necessary levels. But they've done that before, and look where that ended up  ;)

Champions 4 times this decade!!

Well, they are team of the decade after all.

The decade isn't over yet, and if you've a 100% failure rate against a certain team three times (so far), then that's a big assumption.

As Bomber Liston said last year: if Kerry didn't beat Tyrone in the 2008 final, then that devalued all of their previous SAMs this decade.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

yellowcard

Arguably the second best team in history. Four titles this decade, potentially six finals in a row. Not bad for such a poor Kerry side!

paddypastit

Was at the match with my Dublin born and bred brother in law. In the after match conversation there were two points made.  Firstly no-one under 16 in Dublin has a memory of Dublin winning an AI.  Secondly one lad had a story of a 12/13 year old in Dublin this summer giving up soccer to play rugby following on from the Leinster and Ireland successes in that code this year.  Put the two together and all those that are crowing about Dublin's defeat may find that a weak Dublin weakens the GAA as a whole because that is where the big marketing bucks are attracted to the game and without them (the bucks) the game will stuggle to get support long term.  The national pot is only so small and with professional and Government backed (i.e. Olympic) sports being the ones that are getting the dosh, this is not about Dublin for Dublin's benefit
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word