Kerry V Dublin

Started by magickingdom, July 26, 2009, 06:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyssam5

Darran O'Sullivan was excellent there. I think JOC has bought into needing big players too much.

He waited far too long to get him in last Sept, ask any Tyrone defender if they'd rather be marking Eoin Brosnan or Darran O'Sullivan. Kerry should stick to the like of him playing and not feel they need to bring the 'bruisers' back in.

As Pat S pointed out today they are individually without any doubt better players than Tyrone, no doubt about it, beating Dublin proves it! They just need to have confidence and play their own game and not buy into these Northern tactics!

Dont Matter

Ah well there's England out of the world cup for another...... oh wait, I meant to say ah well there's Dublin out of the championship for another year.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

cadhlancian

Quote from: SidelineKick on August 03, 2009, 04:26:58 PM
Did a few random bets on the game, one of which was Declan O'Sullivan to be MOTM at 12/1  :D

Only had a couple of £ on it though. Still, better than a poke in the eye.
or a slap in the teeth with a wet haddock ;D

Dublin_Girly

kerry just work so well together! and colm cooper was just everywhere! outstanding comeback for them!
Nicky Rackard-Cuchulainn's son

tyssam5

As Marshall Mathers points out in his post match review in the Detroit Examiner:

---------------------------------------
Wooo!

Ooooohhhhh!

Guess who's back, back again
Kerry's back, tell a friend
Guess who's back, guess who's back,
guess who's back, guess who's back,
guess who's back, guess who's back,
guess who's back...

I've created a monsta!

GBXII

I thought the Gooch was MOTM...Dec O'Sullivan was also class, and is probably the best number 11 in the game, but I just thought Cooper was way more involved..

yellowcard

That dreadful thought of another Tyrone v Kerry final is creeping in again now. Kerry going for 6 finals in a row look to be a shoe in to make the final on that display. I really am sick of them at ths stage but their class told today up front where their passing and movement was top notch. I still think they are weak up the middle of the defence against a team running at pace. McCarthy done well today even though he was put under no real pressure.

Come on Cork, please save this championship from another Tyrone Kerry final fest.

tyssam5

Quote from: yellowcard on August 03, 2009, 05:08:40 PM
That dreadful thought of another Tyrone v Kerry final is creeping in again now. Kerry going for 6 finals in a row look to be a shoe in to make the final on that display. I really am sick of them at ths stage but their class told today up front where their passing and movement was top notch. I still think they are weak up the middle of the defence against a team running at pace. McCarthy done well today even though he was put under no real pressure.

Come on Cork, please save this championship from another Tyrone Kerry final fest.

Aye cos the last Kerry v. Cork final was such a classic and all!

Minder

Is nobody going to state that "Kerry will have learnt nothing" after such an easy win as they did with Cork yesterday ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Drumanee 1

Quote from: Minder on August 03, 2009, 05:13:16 PM
Is nobody going to state that "Kerry will have learnt nothing" after such an easy win as they did with Cork yesterday ?

i think they will have learnt alot,it proves they still have it when it comes to the big stage and can only give them confidence for the semi and most probable the final

magickingdom

Quote from: Minder on August 03, 2009, 05:13:16 PM

actually i was going to say that and its a good point but now that you have i'll go with......
'we havent gone away you know' ;)

yellowcard

Quote from: tyssam5 on August 03, 2009, 05:11:13 PM

Never mentioned it being a classic, just fed up of the same 2 teams contesting the final. No doubt Kerry would probably do the usual crumbling when confronted with Tyrones in your face tactics. The rebels are the only chance of breaking this monopoly so I'm willing them on from here on in.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: tyssam5 on August 03, 2009, 05:11:13 PM

Meath-Cork wasn't any better, though Cork-Mayo wasn't bad. The start of their misery. It'll be Tyrone-Kerry again for me, anyone but Cork (even that lot to our west) as far as my desired winner goes though.

Superb stuff from Kerry today, tbh I had expected them to win, but in a close contest. Never could have imagined they would do a number on the Dubs like that. The proven team still keen to prove themselves even more, and the options on the bench are plentiful, just what JOC wanted. Jesus David, why didn't you stick that penalty away in Tralee and spare the poor Jackeens such a beating?

Gnevin

15 lads who had never kicked a football in their life would of done better .

Beyond pathetic. The DCB need to answer some serious questions here  
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

JMohan

Where does that leave Kildare?