Kerry V Dublin

Started by magickingdom, July 26, 2009, 06:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: yellowcard on August 03, 2009, 05:23:19 PM
Quote from: tyssam5 on August 03, 2009, 05:11:13 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 03, 2009, 05:08:40 PM
That dreadful thought of another Tyrone v Kerry final is creeping in again now. Kerry going for 6 finals in a row look to be a shoe in to make the final on that display. I really am sick of them at ths stage but their class told today up front where their passing and movement was top notch. I still think they are weak up the middle of the defence against a team running at pace. McCarthy done well today even though he was put under no real pressure.

Come on Cork, please save this championship from another Tyrone Kerry final fest.

Aye cos the last Kerry v. Cork final was such a classic and all!

Never mentioned it being a classic, just fed up of the same 2 teams contesting the final. No doubt Kerry would probably do the usual crumbling when confronted with Tyrones in your face tactics. The rebels are the only chance of breaking this monopoly so I'm willing them on from here on in.

And your not fed up of Kerry being in the final year after year? They have been in the final 7 years out of last 9 and look like making in 8 out of 10.

magickingdom

Quote from: tyssam5 on August 03, 2009, 05:55:07 PM
That dreadful thought of another Tyrone v Kerry final is creeping in again now. Kerry going for 6 finals in a row look to be a shoe in to make the final on that display. I really am sick of them at ths stage but their class told today up front where their passing and movement was top notch. I still think they are weak up the middle of the defence against a team running at pace. McCarthy done well today even though he was put under no real pressure.

Come on Cork, please save this championship from another Tyrone Kerry final fest.

Never mentioned it being a classic, just fed up of the same 2 teams contesting the final. No doubt Kerry would probably do the usual crumbling when confronted with Tyrones in your face tactics. The rebels are the only chance of breaking this monopoly so I'm willing them on from here on in.

Tis a duoploy lad. Well were Cork to beat Tyrone and then Kerry in the final, it would probably finish both teams and set them up for a period of domination. Big enough old task though.

if cork beat tyrone (and everyone should have a small bet on them at 7/4 (nuts)) they will hate the thought of meeting kerry again

magickingdom

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 03, 2009, 05:59:04 PM

And your not fed up of Kerry being in the final year after year? They have been in the final 7 years out of last 9 and look like making in 8 out of 10.

archie, whose fault is that? i get sick of the sight of killkenny in the hurling but their brilliant at the end of the day and i dispare at times of anyone beating them because of the skill levels involved. not so much in football where the skill levels are not so different and its a huge tribute to the kerry players that they put in so much time and effort. the most important ingredient in kerry football is hunger and others counties can quickly match kerry if they match their hunger

Bord na Mona man

Great display from Kerry.
The movement of their forward line is something that has been missing since they went down the road of lumping everything at the big target man.
The injury to Donaghy has forced them to re-learn how to show for the ball, drag the opposition defenders out of position and use possession intelligently.

Last year they were caught out in the AI final by having no Plan B when Tyrone locked down the 'twin towers'.
This year, the could well put themselves back on top by going back to a more intelligent style of football.

I had thought Dublin would win beforehand, but everything was perfectly set up for a Kerry ambush.
Another triumph for 'cute hoorism' and rogues who say 'yerra'.

comethekingdom

Fantastic display today by our boys. Goes to show that Croker is the best place for the Kerry team to play their best football. Declan, Darren, Gooch and Tom O Sullivan were immense today. Jack made the right calls all day. Good decision to take Dara off as he was a spent force at that stage of the game. Seamus Scanlon was superb also - never quit running all day. The Kerry players today upped their work rate for each other 100% today. Well done to all but we must now focus on the next game.
Sitting in the Cusack stand today I notice the Hill go very quiet after the Gooches goal. They never really found their voice after that. I guess they sensed that this game was going to have an inevitable result.

tyssam5

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 03, 2009, 05:30:55 PM
If Dublin were Mayo you'd all be laughing at us wouldn't you.

Give it a couple of weeks yet lad. Kerry are only warming up!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Jeez, did I get that wrong!

But then, I didn't expect statues to turn up for the Dublin Team? What the feck! Does Paddy Power have that much subliminal control over Dublin that once he declares them favourites in an Inter-Provincial they turn to mush?

Kerry very impressive, and fair play to them, they've risen to the necessary levels. But they've done that before, and look where that ended up  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

tyssam5

Quote from: magickingdom on August 03, 2009, 06:00:04 PM
Quote from: tyssam5 on August 03, 2009, 05:55:07 PM

Tis a duoploy lad. Well were Cork to beat Tyrone and then Kerry in the final, it would probably finish both teams and set them up for a period of domination. Big enough old task though.

if cork beat tyrone (and everyone should have a small bet on them at 7/4 (nuts)) they will hate the thought of meeting kerry again

That's why I wish we had the 2nd semi!

glens73

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 03, 2009, 06:13:18 PM

But then, I didn't expect statues to turn up for the Dublin Team? What the feck! Does Paddy Power have that much subliminal control over Dublin that once he declares them favourites in an Inter-Provincial they turn to mush?

Kerry very impressive, and fair play to them, they've risen to the necessary levels. But they've done that before, and look where that ended up  ;)

Champions 4 times this decade!!

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: magickingdom on August 03, 2009, 06:05:54 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 03, 2009, 05:59:04 PM

archie, whose fault is that? i get sick of the sight of killkenny in the hurling but their brilliant at the end of the day and i dispare at times of anyone beating them because of the skill levels involved. not so much in football where the skill levels are not so different and its a huge tribute to the kerry players that they put in so much time and effort. the most important ingredient in kerry football is hunger and others counties can quickly match kerry if they match their hunger

Im not saying it Kerry's fault, they were good value for getting to all them finals and fair play to them. He quoted that he was fed up seeing Tyrone and Kerry in the final all the time, but they have only played in the final twice this decade and Tyrone have only appeared in one other final compared to Kerry's 7 finals this decade, so I cant see why he is fed up seeing Tyrone and Kerry in the final when Kerry have been there more times.

SidelineKick

Quote from: glens73 on August 03, 2009, 06:18:21 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 03, 2009, 06:13:18 PM

Champions 4 times this decade!!

Well, they are team of the decade after all.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

orangeman

What an amazing display by Kerry today.

Dublin were simply blown out of the water by a very hungry Kerry team. Dublin just didn't know what hit them.

Kerry were up for the game big time.

Sad to see Dublin go down without a fight and sad to see Ciaran Whelan revert to type by swinging an elbow and connecting with Aidan O'Mahony - what does Pat do ? He books O'Mahony.

But the biggest disappointment has to go to Denis Bastick who committed a shameful act when he shoved the Gooch into the advertising hoardings. But he surpassed himself whenever Ciaran Donaghy who was the Kerry maor usice for the day, was stood on by Bastick, knowing that he had a fractured bone in his foot. Bastick is far too good a footballer to get invlolved in this sort of crap. A low blow by Bastick who should have seen red earlier.

Gnevin

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 03, 2009, 05:39:25 PM
Gnevin, what have the DCB got to do with it?  What do you think the problem is?

There has to be something structurally work in the county. We can't even find a dedicated out and full back for f**k sake . Do you not think their is something structurally wrong when a county the size of Dubln hasn't been to a AI final in at least 15 years.  
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gnevin

Quote from: magickingdom on August 03, 2009, 05:49:45 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on August 03, 2009, 05:34:55 PM
Quote from: magickingdom on August 03, 2009, 05:31:18 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on August 03, 2009, 05:27:34 PM
Quote from: mckieran on August 03, 2009, 03:53:28 PM
Wonderful display by Kerry. I dont think they will walk to an AI now though. Mayo could give them a good game if they win next week. And Cork will be very hard beat. A lot still to do for Kerry.

Really at time I thought it was quite mediocre. I mean there was some amount of wides and alot of running into blind alleys. Kerry have toppled the house of cards nothing more.  

thats nice of you gnevin, you can only trash whats put in front of you

True enough.  However would you not agree that at time Kerry looked lost against what was a non existent Dublin? Wides, Passing and Shape?

I'm just saying it's hard to read into Kerry's form after Dublin decided not to turn up

i think kerry had 11 wides which is bad enough but overall they were super

Really only 11? I though it was alot more. when they went 1-4 up their was a 5/6 minute patch where every ball they kicked went wide. Maybe I'm wrong .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.