Mayo Vs Meath - All-Ireland Quarter Finals

Started by AbbeySider, July 24, 2009, 10:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Jaysus, McStay isn't half bitter enough about losing to us the last day is he? ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

EastMayoHerald

Who was taking cheap shots at each other in the Ballina Knockmore game? 

Maybe that hints at part of the problem at County level.  Lack of team spirit and subsequently dont back each other up.

seafoid

The annual anguished Mayo postmortem, as regular as a bran diet.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 18, 2009, 07:34:33 PM
Jaysus, McStay isn't half bitter enough about losing to us the last day is he? ;D

Just think that he s trying to look at the bigger picture. Not sure he s too bothered by the local scene to be honest.

macdanger2

Howley landed Cafferky with a woeful shoulder in the first half. In fairness, it was partially frontal although the ref only blew for a free as an after thought. I don't think he targetted Caff as a Mayo team mate, simply as another Ballina player, nothing wrong with that.

Don't know what he's talking about it terms of agressive play in midfield, if anything there was a lack of hard tackles. If the ref was pulling for what he thought were fouls though, a rake of players should have walked for persistent "fouling".

QuoteBallina are easier on the eye and their brand of football has a winning feel about it

Wishful thinking if I ever saw it!!!!

ballinaman

Decided to get on this gravy train after becoming an avid reader.....

If anything McStay gave credit to Knockmore for wanting it more. I think it's seriously rich that a Knockmore person could accuse a Ballina person of being bitter towards them?? Bitter for what exactly?? I think the hatred and bitterness displayed by SOME Knockmore people towards Ballina was clear to be seen in a Knockmore man literally foaming at the mouth beside me from shouting abuse towards the Ballina county players in particular.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: ballinaman on August 19, 2009, 02:09:12 PM

If anything McStay gave credit to Knockmore for wanting it more. I think it's seriously rich that a Knockmore person could accuse a Ballina person of being bitter towards them?? Bitter for what exactly?? I think the hatred and bitterness displayed by SOME Knockmore people towards Ballina was clear to be seen in a Knockmore man literally foaming at the mouth beside me from shouting abuse towards the Ballina county players in particular.

Welcome aboard ballinaman in fairness every club has its fair share of luders who take delight in hurling abuse at county players,  just the way it is
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

GalwayBayBoy

western exile

Quote from: ballinaman on August 19, 2009, 02:09:12 PM

I read that differently :)    isn't bitter enough    ;D ;D

congrats on your 'bitter' first post.  you are welcome :)

muscles magoo

Maybe we should move this discussion to the Mayo Football and Hurling thread in the Local Discussion folder? Seeing the Mayo v Meath title brings back bad memories of that game every time I open the page. Also, our neighbours to the south might be somewhat less inclined to share their insightful comments with us over there....

Davitt Man

McStay was right about Daly the ref though, he ruined the game, blew for free after free and half them werent frees at all.

Eastern_Pride

Why does everything, in the end, turn into a mayo, armagh, or tyrone thread?
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 19, 2009, 02:29:09 PM

well this was a mayo meath thread ep  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 19, 2009, 02:33:47 PM

Funny I thought i saw a meath in there somewhere.....
I'm only jokin like butwhy don't we talk about the weaknesses of leitrim hurling versus fermanagh hurling or something.
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 19, 2009, 02:40:28 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 19, 2009, 02:33:47 PM

Funny I thought i saw a meath in there somewhere.....
I'm only jokin like butwhy don't we talk about the weaknesses of leitrim hurling versus fermanagh hurling or something.

sure go ahead make sure you put it in the hurling section though  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers