Mayo Vs Meath - All-Ireland Quarter Finals

Started by AbbeySider, July 24, 2009, 10:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

I went for it, opened this thread... bracing myself for the repercussions from Barney!

On the topic in question I wouldnt be afraid of any team in the back door.

Antrim v Kerry

Kildare v Wicklow

Galway v Donegal

Limerick v Meath/Roscommon

Cosmo Kramer

Still have a nagging feeling that when Kerry get to Croker it'll be a different story. So I don't want us to draw them.

We can't get Galway again, and I reckon they're the best of the rest.

I'd fancy us against any of the others on current form. Donegal when they're on a good day could give us a run. Don't think the Kildare full back line would be able to cope with the twin towers, Kilcoyne and Mortimer. Meath and Limerick are OK but nothing special. Would be surprised if any of the others make the quarters.

Of course ideally you'd like to get Roscommon!
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

RedandGreenSniper

Dangerous move, take it from me!

As for the quarter-final, bring on Kerry! I'd love that draw. A chance to get a monkey off our backs and add real momentum to our season.

Selections for the semi-final 12 players are certain. Question about corner back - Liam O'Malley/Donal Vaughan/Kevin McLoughlin. And which two players will join Aidan O'Shea in the full-forward line. I'd go with Kilcoyne and Barry Moran and leave Conor Mortimer for the impact sub role.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

johnpower

I think Mayo v kildare would be a fascinating contest .

Cosmo Kramer

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on July 24, 2009, 10:14:34 PM
Selections for the semi-final 12 players are certain. Question about corner back - Liam O'Malley/Donal Vaughan/Kevin McLoughlin. And which two players will join Aidan O'Shea in the full-forward line. I'd go with Kilcoyne and Barry Moran and leave Conor Mortimer for the impact sub role.

Would agree with you on the full forward line. On form I'd go with Vaughan at corner back. Only thing is with him in, thats a shockingly young defence. The keeper, the entire full back line and the centre half back all 24 or younger. But I suppose if you're good enough you're old enough and all that. Its just a pity we don't have an experienced quality corner back or full back to help the younger lads out in Croker.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

The flame still burns

As for the quarter-final, bring on Kerry! I'd love that draw. A chance to get a monkey off our backs and add real momentum to our season.

Couldn't agree more, bring them on!

http://thereisalightthatnevergoesout.wordpress.com/2009/07/24/who-do-we-want-on-sunday-evening/

johnpower

Quote from: The flame still burns on July 24, 2009, 10:55:51 PM

As for the quarterfinal, bring on Kerry! I'd love that draw. A chance to get a monkey off our backs and add real momentum to our season.

Couldn't agree more, bring them on!

http://thereisalightthatnevergoesout.wordpress.com/2009/07/24/who-do-we-want-on-sunday-evening/

If we beat Antrim (a huge if by the way ) I would like to lose to ,Mayo who owe us a bit of a hiding but remember Mayo v Galway 1 point ,Galway V Sligo 1 point . kerry v Sligo 1 point so it might be close .No team has blitzed a provincial final and marched on to win sam in along while

Maigheo Abu

Bring on Kerry, don't much fancy Kildare with McGeeney at the helm, anyone else c'mom.
Where the ocean kisses Ireland and the waves caress it's shores

blast05

I wished they made the quarter final draw last weekend so that i would now know where i am going next weekend (with a few weeks holidays starting next Friday). Out of the country with work again next week from Monday morning till Friday afternoon and as of now i don't know whether to prepare for staying east (wifes gaff), staying at home in the midlands or head straight west .... so i don't really give a sh*te who we get, we'll beat them anyway ..... actually, edit, if we got Kerry and beat then the county would go full on nuts and All-Ireland being a formality would a be a given so proabably best to avoid them

stephenite

Quote from: blast05 on July 25, 2009, 12:37:06 AM
I wished they made the quarter final draw last weekend so that i would now know where i am going next weekend (with a few holidays starting next Friday). Out of the country with work again next week from Monday morning and as of now i don't know whether to prepare for staying east, staying at home in the midlands or head straight west .... so i don't really give a sh*te who we get, we'll beat them anyway ..... actually, edit, if we got Kerry and beat then the county would go full on nuts and All-Ireland being a formality would a be a given so proabably best to avoid them

Spot on Blast, beating Kerry in the quarters would set the banwagon off again. I'd love to see us get Meath

stephenite

Quote from: hardstation on July 25, 2009, 12:59:28 AM
Yis will not get Kerry. I promise you that.

'Twould be might if ye did us all a favour HS, hope you enjoy it

blast05

QuoteSpot on Blast, beating Kerry in the quarters would set the banwagon off again. I'd love to see us get Meath

Meath in the quarters - jaysus i'd pay serious money for the chance.
Would be my first chance to 'claim' my almost 2 year old in terms of which county jersey she should wear - Mayo or Meath.
Strutting my stuff out of Croke Park carrying my daughter dressed in a Mayo jersey in front of about 150 in-laws & 2nd in-laws after beating Meath ..... there are tears coming to my eyes at the mere thought of it at the moment  .............. there isn't an appropriate smiley !!

muppet

Quote from: blast05 on July 25, 2009, 01:18:08 AM
QuoteSpot on Blast, beating Kerry in the quarters would set the banwagon off again. I'd love to see us get Meath

Meath in the quarters - jaysus i'd pay serious money for the chance.
Would be my first chance to 'claim' my almost 2 year old in terms of which county jersey she should wear - Mayo or Meath.
Strutting my stuff out of Croke Park carrying my daughter dressed in a Mayo jersey in front of about 150 in-laws & 2nd in-laws after beating Meath ..... there are tears coming to my eyes at the mere thought of it at the moment  .............. there isn't an appropriate smiley !!

MWWSI 2017

Son_of_Sam

Year of the REVENGE

Beat Meath in the Quarter Final (1996)
Beat Kerry in the Semi-Final (1997, 2004, 2006)
Beat Cork in the Final (1989)

Jack O'Connor doesn't know real pain

Keep Bitter keep Winning  ;)

Mayo4Sam

I would't like kildare or donegal, would defo take the meath/limerick/rossie option
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me