Minnows Laois lose out off the field aswell as on the field...

Started by Tankie, July 22, 2009, 11:15:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

quote from Tankie.
QuoteAFAIK they were not lost and since Dublin aint minnows I cant see it being an issue getting another sponser...

I am totally confused O'Neill, but if we end up playing in second hand jerseys borrowed from Oxfam I hope we at least put up a fight.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Bud Wiser

Tankie, You seem to have dissapeared off the face of the earth?  Just bringing this back up the board a bit to give you the chance to explain to me what exactly your definition of "minnows" is or how many points do you have to be thrashed by to become a minnow?
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Doire abú

Quote from: heffo on July 22, 2009, 11:06:36 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on July 22, 2009, 09:39:40 PM
Surely I'd only be bitter if Dublin had turned us over tankie? Not since 95, so no I'm not bitter. Just wondering.

Open any newspaper in Dublin between January and September and see how many pictures of Dublin jersies with the sponsors logo are in it - then re-think your question and think about what a sponsor wants..

:D

heffo

Quote from: Doire abú on August 11, 2009, 10:38:50 AM
Surely I'd only be bitter if Dublin had turned us over tankie? Not since 95, so no I'm not bitter. Just wondering.

Open any newspaper in Dublin between January and September and see how many pictures of Dublin jersies with the sponsors logo are in it - then re-think your question and think about what a sponsor wants..

The papers (not unlike the morbidly obsessed members of this site who would prefer to discuss Dublin than any other topic) are barely able to write any article without reference to Dublin - my point was valid and stands..

Franko

Quote from: heffo on August 11, 2009, 10:54:22 AM
Quote from: Doire abú on August 11, 2009, 10:38:50 AM

The papers (not unlike the morbidly obsessed members of this site who would prefer to discuss Dublin than any other topic) are barely able to write any article without reference to Dublin - my point was valid and stands..

Yeah... sure they are...  ::)

Zapatista

Quote from: Puckoon on July 22, 2009, 07:12:43 PM
Strange that Dublin would rock the arnotts boat, that sponsor has been synonymous with Dublin football throughout my lifetime.

On what grounds can Dublin justify sticking the arm in for more money when having had every possible ammenity at their disposal they still havnt contested a national final in an age at senior level? If you're not setting the world alight, who may respond to out rageous sponsorship demands? It's a bit like Nottingham Forrest holding bill gates to ransom. Makes no sense to me.

I'd say Arnotts market area would be Leinster and to be fair to the Dubs they have dominated this.

Tankie

Quote from: Bud Wiser on August 04, 2009, 07:04:33 AM
Tankie,  I had a few questions to ask about the thread title in this post when you made it first but I said to meself I'll wait a while.

Can you tell me exactly how bad a team would have to be to become a "Minnow"

Quoteohh the bitterness......its the weaker counties like Laois I worry about..
QuoteFrom a sponsors point of view playing in too August is a success. Dublin jerseys out sell soccer and Rugby jersey  across the capital, the sheer numbers are very impressive.

There are 29 days left in August.

Sorry Bud I've been fairly busy and only noticed your post now but to be considered a Minnow a county has to be constantly shite and generally never plays past June and winning a Leinster title is a big thing......as I said - Laois
Grand Slam Saturday!

Frank Casey

Quote from: Tankie on August 13, 2009, 01:59:23 AM
Sorry Bud I've been fairly busy and only noticed your post now but to be considered a Minnow a county has to be constantly shite and generally never plays past June barely August and winning a Leinster title is a big thing......as I said - Laois Dublin

KERRY 3:7

Tankie

Quote from: Frank Casey on August 14, 2009, 03:52:48 PM
Quote from: Tankie on August 13, 2009, 01:59:23 AM
Sorry Bud I've been fairly busy and only noticed your post now but to be considered a Minnow a county has to be constantly shite and generally never plays past June barely August and winning a Leinster title is a big thing......as I said - Laois Dublin

Really???

hmmm...well considering only 8 teams ever make it to August and Dublin are there nearly every years it doesnt really make sense to call them minnows....
Grand Slam Saturday!

Tankie

Dublin set to announce new shirt deal

The Arnotts sponsorship of Dublin GAA has been one of the most recognisable in Irish sport
The Arnotts sponsorship of Dublin GAA has been one of the most recognisable in Irish sport
Wednesday, 26 August 2009 08:53

The Dublin County Board stand on the verge of confirming the most lucrative shirt sponsorship in GAA history.

The Dubliners' relationship with Arnotts has been one of the longest in inter-county history, and since joining forces in 1991, the large department store has become synonymous with Dublin GAA.

However, that sponsorship comes to an end at the end of October and the county board are confident that on-going negotiations will secure a new title sponsor which will bring in greater revenue than ever before.

Speaking in today's Irish Daily Star, Dublin Chief Executive John Costello said: 'We are putting a package together and we will shortly go to market. There has been considerable interest in our proposal.

'This is the first time in the last 20 years, practically, that this sponsorship has become available. We are delighted to offer it.

'We know that our brand is one of the biggest sporting brands in the country. Our market research tells us that and we are confident that we will have a new sponsor on board by 1 November.'

Costello also confirmed that all negotiations will be handled in-house by the Dublin County Board and that the new deal is expected to surpass anything currently in place within GAA circles.

According to the Star, that figure could be worth a basic €800,000 per year for all county teams, rising to €1 million if either the All-Ireland Football or Hurling title is won.

Where is Bud gone???
Grand Slam Saturday!

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

heffo

Hardy