Armagh management :Paddy O'Rourke!!!

Started by armaghniac, July 21, 2009, 05:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone86

Quote from: No way ref on October 02, 2009, 11:00:34 AM
Quote from: bingobus on October 02, 2009, 10:22:45 AM
Quote from: The GAA on October 01, 2009, 11:25:35 PM

Absolutely Orior - not doubting his credentials at all. ulster clubs are hard to win and particularly for an antrim club.
also won a championship with blayney?

Did indeed, our last one in 2003 and should have given Ulster a rattle only to loss a player after 5 minutes against Four masters in Clones in a replay.

Very highly rated in Blayney, loved the physical stuff and expected commitment that he didn't get from all players at the time and why he probably left before his time was up. Went to St Galls and club where very disappointed at the time, as he had committed and started the year.

Funny that, he had committed to Errigal Ciaran this year before jumping ship

Was it not last year before he went to Slaughtneil?

Carbery

I hear Brian McAlinden will be announced as the new Armagh manager inside the next twelve hours.
He has been chosen by the players and his appointment will just have to be ratified by the County Board.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Carbery on October 02, 2009, 11:41:11 AM
I hear Brian McAlinden will be announced as the new Armagh manager inside the next twelve hours.
He has been chosen by the players and his appointment will just have to be ratified by the County Board.

If this was Cork there'd be awful giving out about it...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: The GAA on October 01, 2009, 09:15:04 PM

I would find this hard to believe. we really shouldn't take these articles at face value lads. If Rafferty is front runner then fair enough but i don't believe for a second it's at the players' behest.

Spot on.

Would seriously doubt the credibility of this as well, particularly the chosen by the players bit. Don't think there's anything to suggest that the players have expressed preference for anybody other than Grimley.

I'd probably have a preference for Donal Murtagh at this stage.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Drumanee 1

with the way the whole process has gone it is going to be very difficult for the new man coming in,he will be under severe scrutiny

mountainboii

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on October 02, 2009, 12:15:28 PM
with the way the whole process has gone it is going to be very difficult for the new man coming in,he will be under severe scrutiny

Perhaps, although there'll be many in the county, including myself, that'll be willing to extend more grace than usual given the circumstances. There's widespread acceptance in the county that we're not going to be near the top again for at least 2 or 3 years.

That said, no doubt there'll be a number of clowns shouting to get the new man out after we lose a McKenna cup game this January. These same clowns were screaming to get McDonnell out and Grimley in before a ball was kicked in anger two years ago.

supersub

Quote from: tyrone86 on October 02, 2009, 11:14:01 AM
Quote from: No way ref on October 02, 2009, 11:00:34 AM
Quote from: bingobus on October 02, 2009, 10:22:45 AM
Quote from: The GAA on October 01, 2009, 11:25:35 PM

Absolutely Orior - not doubting his credentials at all. ulster clubs are hard to win and particularly for an antrim club.
also won a championship with blayney?

Did indeed, our last one in 2003 and should have given Ulster a rattle only to loss a player after 5 minutes against Four masters in Clones in a replay.

Very highly rated in Blayney, loved the physical stuff and expected commitment that he didn't get from all players at the time and why he probably left before his time was up. Went to St Galls and club where very disappointed at the time, as he had committed and started the year.

Funny that, he had committed to Errigal Ciaran this year before jumping ship

Was it not last year before he went to Slaughtneil?

No it was the start of this year before he decided to take the post to manage us in January.

robertemmet

Rafferty took our boys in 2008 and got them to the co final.  Seems to get his teams playing with great passion.

5 Sams

Quote from: mhacadoir on October 01, 2009, 05:06:47 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/8285103.stm

Rafferty now Armagh front-runner
John Rafferty
John Rafferty served at Joe Kernan's Armagh assistant in 2007

John Rafferty now appears to be emerging as the favourite to become the new Armagh senior football manager.

Le cuidiu Dé he'll get it ;)
The Aristocrat Years

naka

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 02, 2009, 02:45:33 PM
Quote from: mhacadoir on October 01, 2009, 05:06:47 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/8285103.stm

Rafferty now Armagh front-runner
John Rafferty
John Rafferty served at Joe Kernan's Armagh assistant in 2007

John Rafferty now appears to be emerging as the favourite to become the new Armagh senior football manager.

Le cuidiu Dé he'll get it ;)

5 sams i hear he is in the running for ballyholland next year

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

souljaboy

heard Paddy O'Rourke too ONeill, from a well placed source, anyone know were you could place a bet on the next manager??
I like Big Butts and I cannot lie

waitingforsam

New armagh manager to be announced tonight
Been waiting since '94

armaghniac

Paddy O'Rourke definitely gaining ground, apparently. Are there any bookies open?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

DuffleKing

If its paddy o'rourke i'll not be going to watch them next year or til he's gone. and the longest day i live i'll not contribute another penny to armagh