Armagh management :Paddy O'Rourke!!!

Started by armaghniac, July 21, 2009, 05:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffleKing

Quote from: Logan on September 13, 2009, 09:13:10 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on September 13, 2009, 05:39:26 PM

How would you expect me to prove a verbal agreement?
Provide some source or evidence there was ever an agreement between Grimley and the CB - There never was.

There may have been between Grimley and others - but not the CB - which is your allegation ... and as yet unproven.

Is that the party line you're going with....

Logan

Quote from: DuffleKing on September 14, 2009, 04:29:27 AM

Provide some source or evidence there was ever an agreement between Grimley and the CB - There never was.

There may have been between Grimley and others - but not the CB - which is your allegation ... and as yet unproven.

Look - there's no point in trying to argue with you because you've no proof and are just trying to spread lies.

You've just thrown out a statement above with no proof or substance.

No one thinks the CB have displayed themselves as the epitome of professionalism and efficiency - but at the same time - no one - not even Grimley has even suggested for a second there was any dishonesty involved on the Armagh County Boards part this time round - except for you.

Armagh are certainly at a crossroads and people spreading unfounded gossip and rumour is not helping and just adding to the suspicion which is not needed.

Logan

Quote from: armaghniac on September 13, 2009, 11:08:08 PM
It is all a bit of a mess. I cannot help thinking that if the campaign to undermine PMcD had not been so insistent that a new trainer and possibly new assistant to freshen things up might have been better than the chaos we are in now.

Looks like a good option the way things have turned out!

What is the story with John Rafferty?

DuffleKing

Quote from: Logan on September 14, 2009, 08:09:45 AM
Quote from: DuffleKing on September 14, 2009, 04:29:27 AM

Look - there's no point in trying to argue with you because you've no proof and are just trying to spread lies.

You've just thrown out a statement above with no proof or substance.

No one thinks the CB have displayed themselves as the epitome of professionalism and efficiency - but at the same time - no one - not even Grimley has even suggested for a second there was any dishonesty involved on the Armagh County Boards part this time round - except for you.

Armagh are certainly at a crossroads and people spreading unfounded gossip and rumour is not helping and just adding to the suspicion which is not needed.

That's a joke - who has been filling you with propaganda?

The county executive went back on their word to put their agreement with PG in writing. Obviosly that can't be proven. It can't be proven that they were negotiating with Grimley through the selection committee (2 of which are exec board mombers) either, so are you going to deny that happed too ?

We're not going to agree on this so it's best for everyone else reading the thread if we move on.

Best options now? I don't think there is anyone inside the county capable of doing the job.

wobbller

Pete Mc Grath and John Rafferty although Rafferty didn't cut it with Pete's home club this year.

DuffleKing

naka

funny enough pete was interviewed by the " wee county " last week, i dont see him as being a runner for us,

tonite  should be good crack,
for my own part i do think grmley was premature for jumping ship so there is blame on both sides.

mc alinden  i believe was approached as a safe pair of hands and has said no, so the feeling is that the clubs will be asked to re nominate ans a new committee will be set up

filthydog

I believe there is a meeting in the City Hotel tonight - that should be good fun. Talk about putting petrol on a fire.  :o

Armamike

As others have said, it's got very very messy.  I would hope the players talked to the board and got their facts straight first before releasing that statement. If they did so, and still weren't happy with things then i'd be more comfortable with them going down that route if they felt that's what it took.  Otherwise they've just enflamed an already bad state of affairs. 

As for the Plunkett Donaghy story, that's just too ridiculous to be anything other than a wind up. Sadly until we get someone appointed it's going to be silly season on names linked to the post.

I don't know how the county board is going to resolve this. A full and frank exchange of views tonight will help. Allow people to get things off their chest and to get a fuller handle on the events of the past few weeks. But there have been so many claims and counterclaims, and rumours over the past few weeks, who knows what the real version of events is?  Assuming the clubs are happy, the CB i'd imagine will have to start the selection process again and try to draw a line under recent events. There will be some strong views exchanged tonight and personally speaking i wouldn't fancy being in Kevin Brady's shoes.
That's just, like your opinion man.

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Logan

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Logan on September 14, 2009, 10:58:06 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 14, 2009, 10:54:26 PM
any word on the meeting?
You not see any white smoke from Brady yet?
Nope, hasnt reached me yet, did they all kiss and hug and make up or what?

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Gabriel_Hurl

I heard that Plunkett Donaghy story all the way over here this past weekend

machaman

this is all a joke.  Unless there is something major I have missed in the last 40 odd pages, but its seems clear that Grimley has let himself down badly jumping the gun.  What part of the process can he not or does not think he should have to, follow, twice now?  Kernan was able to go through interview in Galway for example.  Good decision making (under pressure) and rational choices are things you think should be importnt in the managers role.  Have to say Grimley has raised further doubts for me by his actions.  Surely there are others who are capable to take on this role??? :-\

stephenite

John Maughan was approached - he's thinking about it