Armagh management :Paddy O'Rourke!!!

Started by armaghniac, July 21, 2009, 05:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slievegullion

Quote from: bennydorano on July 28, 2009, 07:26:11 PM
Quote from: slievegullion on July 28, 2009, 06:46:26 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on July 28, 2009, 05:17:29 PM
Who took the Monaghan training session before the game that seemed to cause a bit of fuss??

Who?
Wha?
Lol im actually asking who? I dont know for sure, have someone in mind tho.

slievegullion

Quote from: Armamike on July 28, 2009, 08:55:53 PM
Disappointed in Peter McDonnell and the stuff he's come out with - he's not really doing the county and himself any good and only opening himself up to questions about who he's referring to. In the long run hopefully this will be the wake up call the county board and the whole set up needs, to start moving in the right direction again and to put in place the right structures and environment needed for success.   

If the truth comes out it will be good for the county. No matter about his managerial performance, if you were undermined as he has been would you not want to make it known to everyone?

The county is in a dier state and the only way to move forward successfully is for the truth to come out for all Armagh gaels to hear it. That is the only way it will be sorted out and the only way the control of a small few over the county can be broken.

He is right to feel aggrieved and I hope he keeps at it and continues to force people to ask these questions.

pintsofguinness

The county is in a dier state and the only way to move forward successfully is for the truth to come out for all Armagh gaels to hear it. That is the only way it will be sorted out and the only way the control of a small few over the county can be broken.

agree with that, cloak and dager stuff around his appointment helped created this mess, time to clear the air, let everyone have their say and then move on.  It's the only way. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

bennydorano

Anyone that's ever been a Co Board meeting under the current incumbents will tell you the chances of that happening are zilcho!  Anyone who has the cheek to mention will be shouted down from the top table, how dare you etc.. :-[   :-[

I was hoping Eddie Hughes would rattle a few cages, but not this time I reckon.

naka

Orior

Quote from: naka on July 29, 2009, 10:02:28 AM
ross and dj for the armagh job

The contract for cutting the grass in the Mall has already been handed out.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ziggysego

Benny Tierney in today's Irish News.

I'm chomping to be Armagh's big cheese

On a more important note (as opposed to a 'lighter' note), I am now officially letting my name go forward for the Armagh job and I fully expect to get it.

I have already secured big sponsorship from Burger King and, unlike other county teams, my training mantra will be somewhat different. We will not train on any occasion, but will still go to La Manga for team bonding sessions and, regarding matches, we will just meet on the day and the first 15 to turn up starts. We would win nothing, but, sure, we would have some craic!
Testing Accessibility

armaghniac

QuoteI have already secured big sponsorship from Burger King

Big Benny to replace Big Joe?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

slievegullion

Quote from: armaghniac on July 29, 2009, 08:28:07 PM

I heard Joe has put pressure on Burger King now though and they're pulling out of any sponsorship agreement with Benny.

mackers

Quote from: slievegullion on July 29, 2009, 08:56:56 PM

I heard Joe has put pressure on Burger King now though and they're pulling out of any sponsorship agreement with Benny.
:D :D
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

ogshead

Quote from: mackers on July 29, 2009, 09:10:01 PM
Quote from: slievegullion on July 29, 2009, 08:56:56 PM

:D :D

We'd be All Ireland champions with them two if they were handed out for eating the most burgers.

orangeman

Burger King ? What about Mc Donnell's ??  ;) They do a nice auld burger as well.

armaghniac

Did anyone hear Enda McNulty on RTE about 12.30? He said that he would like to go into management, but not for a couple of years.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

full back

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/8183607.stm

Kildare boss and former Armagh captain Kieran McGeeney has ruled himself out of becoming the new Orchard manager.

McGeeney, who led the Ulster team to All-Ireland glory in 2002, wants to remain with the Lillywhites.

"I said I would stick it for three years and if they want me next year I'll be here for another one," he said.

"Myself and Armagh had our talk two years ago and they told me what they told me - and what they told me was good enough for me."

McGeeney's emerging team reached this year's All-Ireland quarter-finals before losing narrowly to champions Tyrone.

Justin McNulty, another former Armagh defender, is interested in taking over from Peter McDonnell as the new county manager.

The All-Ireland winner took Mullahoran to the Cavan club title in 2006 and guided St Brigid's to the Dublin final a year later.

Paul Grimley, who was pipped for the job by McDonnell last time round, is a strong contender even though he is currently McGeeney's assistant at Kildare.

Former Orchard boss Joe Kernan has opted against going for the job because of business commitments and possible antagonism with having four sons in the Orchard panel.

JMohan

Quote from: armaghniac on August 01, 2009, 07:01:46 PM
Did anyone hear Enda McNulty on RTE about 12.30? He said that he would like to go into management, but not for a couple of years.

Did he retire yet?