Armagh management :Paddy O'Rourke!!!

Started by armaghniac, July 21, 2009, 05:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aghdavoyle

Quote from: Sandy Hill on July 25, 2009, 05:04:47 PM
Quote from: Take Your Points on July 25, 2009, 04:24:37 PM
Quote from: corn02 on July 25, 2009, 02:52:29 PM

No disrespect to him, but anyone could say we need a new system. Just isn't as easy as stating it.

Exactly, I think everyone on the Board has been asking for and suggesting new systems.  

Yes I agree, but while we know that a new system is needed, Peter Makem might have a better idea about what that system might be; he's a shrewd football man.

Don't know anything about makem - what are his coaching credentials?

corn02

Quote from: Diet Coke on July 25, 2009, 05:01:22 PM
Quote from: Orior on July 25, 2009, 04:59:26 PM
Any chance that the backstabbers might be outed and Peter McDonnell invited to take up the post again?

About as much chance as Corn talking sense :D

Indeed, for someone who doesn't seem able to comprehend systems or anything like that, you do a lot of yaking.

Diet Coke

Quote from: corn02 on July 26, 2009, 01:04:11 PM
Any chance that the backstabbers might be outed and Peter McDonnell invited to take up the post again?

Indeed, for someone who doesn't seem able to comprehend systems or anything like that, you do a lot of yaking.
Away back to the soccer thread.....there's a good wee boy! :D
Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.

under the bar

Armagh could do worse than giving the 2 Brians another crack at the helm,  They made a decent fist of a panel of div 3 standard players before so who's to say they couldn't do it again?

yellowcard

Article in the Tribune today referred to an unused sub being the player who leaked the team and tactics. Not sure who this is referring to.

orangeman

Quote from: yellowcard on July 26, 2009, 10:12:47 PM
Article in the Tribune today referred to an unused sub being the player who leaked the team and tactics. Not sure who this is referring to.

More finger poimting at the invisibles.

yellowcard

Quote from: orangeman on July 26, 2009, 10:14:23 PM

Not sure what your getting at?

Was actually a well written article that was well informed and hit the nail on the head.

orangeman

Quote from: yellowcard on July 26, 2009, 10:19:24 PM

Was actually a well written article that was well informed and hit the nail on the head.

A lot of things have been said and things implied. Individuals have been talked about written about. Mc Donnell says he knows who was responsible for the leaks and has given interviews about it.

To avoid a lot of ambiguity and to stop the rumour mill which is in overdrive, he should come out and name those responsible if has proof ( which he says he has ). If he doesn't then he should stop talking about it and end the recriminations.

yellowcard

Quote from: orangeman on July 26, 2009, 10:23:34 PM

A lot of things have been said and things implied. Individuals have been talked about written about. Mc Donnell says he knows who was responsible for the leaks and has given interviews about it.

To avoid a lot of ambiguity and to stop the rumour mill which is in overdrive, he should come out and name those responsible if has proof ( which he says he has ). If he doesn't then he should stop talking about it and end the recriminations.

Agreed, its time to put up or shut up. Don't think that will happen now though. I think his comments were a smokescreen for his inadequacies as a manager. He might have been a good number 2 but lacked the authority and presence to be the front man.   

Diet Coke

Look lads as Armagh supporters do you think:

1. Peter Mc Donnell was the best man for the job?

2. That was the best team we could have fielded?

I like Peter as an individual and played along side him, but I feel he never had a free reign, and I definately feel there are good players not on the squad as it stands.
Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.

Orior

Quote from: Diet Coke on July 26, 2009, 10:29:00 PM
Look lads as Armagh supporters do you think:

1. Peter Mc Donnell was the best man for the job?

2. That was the best team we could have fielded?

I like Peter as an individual and played along side him, but I feel he never had a free reign, and I definately feel there are good players not on the squad as it stands.

Who do you think should have been in the squad?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

bigpaul

Quote from: yellowcard on July 26, 2009, 10:27:08 PM
Quote from: orangeman on July 26, 2009, 10:23:34 PM

Agreed, its time to put up or shut up. Don't think that will happen now though. I think his comments were a smokescreen for his inadequacies as a manager. He might have been a good number 2 but lacked the authority and presence to be the front man.   
A lot of misinformation on the go here I think!
Orangeman,where did Peter Mc Donnell say he had proof?
yellowcard,when was Peter Mc Donnell a no.2 in management?

armaghniac

Whatever information might exist about leaks in the camp, I am sure that there is nothing that approaches "proof".So there is nothing to be gained by implying things that you cannot go any further with.

Just thinking about Galway, AI winners the year before Armagh, some good underage talent has come through since then but the senior team deceives, people expect good stuff from them but they never quite deliver. Is this Armagh.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

corn02

Quote from: Diet Coke on July 26, 2009, 04:28:40 PM
Quote from: corn02 on July 26, 2009, 01:04:11 PM

Away back to the soccer thread.....there's a good wee boy! :D

A qucik scan through your posts would see you often frequent the soccer threads, so you have lost me there.

man in black

The leaks were down to 2 individuals on the team that shouldnt have been on the Armagh team, they are both past it and one of them never really had it in the first place. As a near neighbour all you can do is laugh. ;D
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black