Quarter Finals Draw - GAABoard beats the media - all now fixed

Started by Barney, July 21, 2009, 08:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: Barney on July 21, 2009, 09:01:09 AM
Tyrone are the only team left from the North - they can't play the Dubs.

It really is a disgrace that Croke Park is being dug up in the middle of the championship season.

Provincial champions should get home advantage if it is not ready. GNevin will be delighted to see Dublin play Kerry in Parnell Park. ;)

Well if you read about it you would see that even if U2 weren't playing they would have had to dig up a substantial portion of the grass anyway as it is damaged and has to be replaced that is why U2 aren't paying the full bill for that work.

INDIANA

Which was damaged during the Take That concert.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Hound on July 21, 2009, 08:44:43 AM
Not quite an open draw - can't be a repeat of a provincial final. But Dublin could play Meath and Cork could play Kerry.

I dobut very much that they would use Bank Holiday Monday for a game, given it would mean supporters up North who work couldnt view it.

One on the Saturday, 2 on the Sunday and 1 the following Saturday would be my bet.

Depending on who's playing, the first Saturday could be a double bill with Meath/Ros v Limerick. Or the QF game the week after could be doubled up with KK v Waterford/Galway on the Sunday, although this is probably less likely.

They played games on the Monday in 2003 - Cork v Mayo and Donegal v Galway, if my memory serves me correctly. Would agree that your scheduling is the most likely though.

Be some embarassment is Croke Park isn't ready. Its fair enough if people are complaining about building work taking place in the middle of the night. Crazy time of the year to allow a concert.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Hound

Quote from: meathie on July 21, 2009, 12:01:19 PM
so what happens if Cork comes out and they get Limerick/Meath/Roscommon. While there may be a chance they could meet there may be a chance that Roscommon or us could win and then it would not have to be prevented. how will they work that one??
Just means that along with Limerick, neither Meath nor Roscommon can meet Cork in the quarter-finals.

heffo

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 21, 2009, 01:06:22 PM
Quote from: Hound on July 21, 2009, 08:44:43 AM
Not quite an open draw - can't be a repeat of a provincial final. But Dublin could play Meath and Cork could play Kerry.

I dobut very much that they would use Bank Holiday Monday for a game, given it would mean supporters up North who work couldnt view it.

One on the Saturday, 2 on the Sunday and 1 the following Saturday would be my bet.

Depending on who's playing, the first Saturday could be a double bill with Meath/Ros v Limerick. Or the QF game the week after could be doubled up with KK v Waterford/Galway on the Sunday, although this is probably less likely.

They played games on the Monday in 2003 - Cork v Mayo and Donegal v Galway, if my memory serves me correctly. Would agree that your scheduling is the most likely though.

Be some embarassment is Croke Park isn't ready. Its fair enough if people are complaining about building work taking place in the middle of the night. Crazy time of the year to allow a concert.

Dublin played Donegal in the qtr final replay in 2002 on Bank holiday Monday too..

Maradona

I think the draw is seriously flawed if now Cork cant get Meath or Roscommon because they havent already played Limerick. For the life of me I cant understand how one draw has totally messed up subsequent games and made the quarter final draw flawed. Given the massive gaps between games in the provincial series, this should not be happening.  Plus this on-going craic that they cant committ when the quarter finals will be on because they have to wait to see who Dublin draws - its a joke and shows serious lack of respect for fans. Many of us want to follow our team but cant plan weekends away / holidays / etc. beacuse of this craic.

clarshack

think the following could well happen:

Sat 1st: Mayo v Kildare

Sun 2nd (Double header):
Cork v Galway
Tyrone v Kerry

Mon 10th:
Dublin v Meath

Rossfan

Quote from: clarshack on July 21, 2009, 03:17:50 PM

Mon 10th:
Dublin v Meath

Good on ya.
Just what we and Limerick want to hear  ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

down6061689194

With the big pay day for the Dubs game I'd imagine it will be  placed with Dub minors.
But the GAA had planned for 2 days as in the ticket packages, so what happens with them is a mystery

Jinxy

Quote from: Rossfan on July 21, 2009, 03:45:43 PM

Mon 10th:
Dublin v Meath

Good on ya.
Just what we and Limerick want to hear  ;)

Clarshack isn't from Meath so you can't use that for motivation!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

Doesnt matter where he/she is from. It's still the kind of thinking we like to hear.  :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Hardy

I yiz think there's fixtures confusion now, wait till we draw with Roscommon. Then Limerick. Twice.

Rocky Mc Guigan

think the following could well happen:

Sat 1st: Mayo v Kildare

Sun 2nd (Double header):
Cork v Galway
Tyrone v Kerry

Mon 10th:
Dublin v Meath

How many supporters would attend a game on Monday 10th August?

armaghniac

QuoteHow many supporters would attend a game on Monday 10th August?

Teachers, knackers, wasters, kids, TDs, people on night shift, the unemployed, tourists....
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Cosmo Kramer

Quote from: armaghniac on July 21, 2009, 10:10:25 PM
QuoteHow many supporters would attend a game on Monday 10th August?

Teachers, knackers, wasters, kids, TDs, people on night shift, the unemployed, tourists....

So, most of the population then...
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100