Fastest GAA Player Over 100 Metres

Started by Bud Wiser, July 20, 2009, 10:22:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

In relation to the post below, (All-Ireland Semi-Finals 23rd August - Free Tickets) has anyone any ideas on who the fastest players on their county team are, and yes, that includes hurling as well.

I don't think we have anyone on the Laois team ' cause they can't even get to games, on then hurling team maybe so I will leave it up to ye lads to nominate who you think.  Eddie Brennan from the Cat's if I was to give it a punt.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

magpie seanie

Johnny Davey from Sligo would have to be worth a shout.

Our Nail Loney

Think I read somwhere before Ricky Nixon saying out of all the young players they had at the trials that Tommy Walsh was the fastest over a certain distance... Don't think 100m though think it was shorter...

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

peterquaife

Think one of the Bradys (?) from Antrim was a former sprinter

Bud Wiser

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Bud Wiser on July 20, 2009, 10:53:02 AM

I tell you what if that guy got up a head of steam i wouldn't like to be trying to stop him anyway!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

haveaharp

JMohan

Bud Wiser

Quotefrancie bellew

South Armagh Boys can fire the starting gun. 

T O Hare

Mickey Linden is 46 but i bet yous he would still take the majority of county players over that distance :D
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

boojangles

corn02

Hmm tough one.

Club - We have three rockets at our club - Phillip McEvoy, Ronan McCoy and Kevin Dyas.

County - Nobody standing out. Clarke is decpetively fast and McDonnell a few years back. Mallon seems rather quick (Andy)

Ulster - Mackey is a rocket alright. I remember seeing him at minors and compromise rules and he was the fastest on show.

Ireland - haven;t a notion.

longball

Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0