Fastest GAA Player Over 100 Metres

Started by Bud Wiser, July 20, 2009, 10:22:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

The article does not say how many they want but they will be running against Paul Hession, Gillick and Dervla O'Rourke so I'd say some of the lads mentioned would put up a good show.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

thewobbler

I couldn't see too many boys sticking with Sean Cavanagh over any distance once he gets his legs going.

Sometimes he's like the oversized kid at under-12 level, except he's doing it at Championship level.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 20, 2009, 10:25:07 AM
Johnny Davey from Sligo would have to be worth a shout.

He is a flyer!!!

C_Berg_316

Quote from: thewobbler on July 20, 2009, 01:05:38 PM
I couldn't see too many boys sticking with Sean Cavanagh over any distance once he gets his legs going.

Sometimes he's like the oversized kid at under-12 level, except he's doing it at Championship level.

was chatting to a player the other day and was asking him whos the fastest in tyrone panel - he said penrose
thats the crack she said with one leg up above on the table

boojangles

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on July 20, 2009, 01:31:13 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on July 20, 2009, 10:25:07 AM
Johnny Davey from Sligo would have to be worth a shout.

He is a flyer!!!

Is that the boy that won the penalty?

Feckitt

magpie seanie

catchandkick

Kerrys fastest would actually be all of the O'Sullivans - Declan, Darren, Sean and Tom.

Mid Mon

If Hanratty ran in a straight line, i'd say he'd be quick.

JMohan

Quote from: Mid Mon on July 20, 2009, 02:32:54 PM
If Hanratty ran in a straight line, i'd say he'd be quick.
If Hanratty ran in a straight line he'd run out the gate

BallyhaiseMan

Tony Scullion Antrim,
Fastest ive seen since The Bould Larry Reily when he was younger.

thebandit

irunthev

Quote from: Bud Wiser on July 20, 2009, 01:01:00 PM
The article does not say how many they want but they will be running against Paul Hession, Gillick and Dervla O'Rourke so I'd say some of the lads mentioned would put up a good show.

The difference between the speed of an athlete and the speed of a "fast" GAA player would probably be quite considerable. So much of the speed the athlete generates comes from their technique.... very few footballers know how to run properly, because it isn't something that woudl apply to their sport, in fact it would probably be counter-productive. I can remember some very very fast and fit footballers training on a track several years ago with some good athletics club runners and they were made to look very slow, but in terms of football they were extremely quick.

cavan4ever

Quote from: thebandit on July 20, 2009, 03:25:43 PM
Quote from: boojangles on July 20, 2009, 12:02:50 PM
Quote from: cavan4sam on July 20, 2009, 10:41:27 AM
Cian Mackey
Second that

Is it him or Martin Reilly who played soccer in England?

Martin Reilly played in England.  Think Mackey played for some of the teams in the IFA league and then Monaghan Utd.

supersarsfields

I'd imagine penrose would be up there.