All Ireland qualifier: Antrim v Kerry

Started by imtommygunn, July 19, 2009, 10:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Discuss...

A big task but what have we got to lose and Sligo nearly beat them!

ardmhachaabu

Kerry look very beatable at the minute - go on the Saffrons!
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

tyronefan

Antrim is every bit as good as Sligo  so if they go at Kerry there is no reason they cant win this game

Go on Antrim, like to day there will be 31 counties cheering you on

Gold

i cant fuckin wait. I went to Longford to see Kerry last week and if we tear into them from the start we may have a chance. Longford waited till the game was over before having a go.

We cant do that nor can we afford to go behind as much as we did today.

There corner backs arnt good--Tom O'Sullivan and Young got roasted by Longford's corner men and this is where we can make hay.

With no Donaghy Kerry lack that focal point--Walsh isnt as good--Dara caught a sight of ball against LD but slowed in the 2nd half--if we can stay with them and not freeze we defo have a chance to produce the hock of all shocks.

I think its a great draw--much better than had we got donegal

We'll be talkin about this game in 25 years--the boys who are playin are livin the dream and should just go at it hammer and tongs
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Aaron Boone

Jacko would've settled for Longford/Sligo/Antrim in the qualifers.
Incredible draw for 3rd weekend-in-a-row. All Div3/4.

Archie Mitchell

If Antrim have any chance, they need other forwards to step up to the mark as they rely too much on Paddy Cunningham. Think McKeever should be playing full forward, pump the ball into him and have Cunningham and Tomas McCann feeding off him. Mick McCann should play midfield as he is good at running through with the ball and can give a good pass and take a score and fitter than McKeever for the midfield role.

Frank Casey

Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 19, 2009, 11:06:04 PM
Jacko would've settled for Longford/Sligo/Antrim in the qualifers.
Incredible draw for 3rd weekend-in-a-row. All Div3/4.

Apparantly it has all something to do with a magnetic ring that they give Christy Cooney before the draw ;)
KERRY 3:7

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

JohnMitchellInman

Great draw for Antrim, another glamour tie against  a 'top 2' side.
Good luck to Baker and all the boys.

Us Derry boys will all be rooting for you, We've Feck all else to look forward to now  >:( :P

Frank Casey

STOP PRESS

Ye heard it here first - Donaghy is back in training along with Maurice Fitz, Paudi O Se and Shergar.

We're worried.

When contacted this evening Kerry manager was quoted as saying "Yerra shure how would an auld cabóg like me fix that".

MORE TO FOLLOW...................................................

Jinxy

The assumption is that Kerry will improve from the Sligo game.
But they didn't improve from the Longford game.
Antrim should throw the kitchen sink at them.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

SuperDooperCooper

Oh please god not parnell park!!!
Anywhere but parnell park!!
Any chance they will toss for venue tomorrow?
Bigger crowd if it was on in a home venue.
Portlaoise would be fair though!

Donagh

Would I be right in saying that as Antrim is div 4 (currently) this will be held in Casement? All to play for...

Frank Casey

Quote from: Donagh on July 19, 2009, 11:30:04 PM
Would I be right in saying that as Antrim is div 4 (currently) this will be held in Casement? All to play for...

No neutral venue specified

Donagh