All Ireland qualifier: Antrim v Kerry

Started by imtommygunn, July 19, 2009, 10:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

QuoteJacko would've settled for Longford/Sligo/Antrim in the qualifers.
Incredible draw for 3rd weekend-in-a-row. All Div3/4.

you mean Div 4 like Wicklow who have beaten 1/3 of Ulster.

Also, what teams did we avoid that you think would have provided a stronger challenge than Longford and Sligo ?

Donagh

Quote from: hardstation on July 19, 2009, 11:42:06 PM
We are promoted and that stands from the minute of our promotion.

But not for the qualifiers - as far as I know they go on last years standings so that means Kerry have to come to Casement. I stand to be corrected.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Donagh on July 19, 2009, 11:45:16 PM

But not for the qualifiers - as far as I know they go on last years standings so that means Kerry have to come to Casement. I stand to be corrected.

Its a neutral venue. They announced that before the draw. The other division 4 teams haven't been guaranteed home draws. Only guaranteed home draw is in the 1st round if you were away in the 1st round the previous year.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

mountainboii

Quote from: Donagh on July 19, 2009, 11:45:16 PM

Think that designated weaker team gets home advantage stuff was done away with a few years ago, and as far as I remember it only ever applied to first round qualifiers.

Donagh

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 19, 2009, 11:47:18 PM
Its a neutral venue. They announced that before the draw. The other division 4 teams haven't been guaranteed home draws. Only guaranteed home draw is in the 1st round if you were away in the 1st round the previous year.

Ah bollicks... pity that...

Gold

It'll be in Laois, Parnell Park, Longford or Navan.

We played in Longford a did Kerry this year so it may be there.

I was in Parnell Park for the U-21 dubs/cats hurlin last wed night --it may be a bit small for the crowd

will we bring a big crowd?

Cant wait anyway!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Minder

Quote from: Gold on July 19, 2009, 11:58:03 PM
It'll be in Laois, Parnell Park, Longford or Navan.

We played in Longford a did Kerry this year so it may be there.

I was in Parnell Park for the U-21 dubs/cats hurlin last wed night --it may be a bit small for the crowd

will we bring a big crowd?

Cant wait anyway!
Depends how many stay on the bandwagon
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Shamrock Shore

Nah.

It'll be in Portlaoise in front of 2,436.

Should be in Casement. Kerry need to suffer for 100+ years of soft paths to All Ireland titles.

*runs out of thread banging door*

clarshack

the thing that really pisses me off is that when kerry or cork teams play northern teams the venue always seems to be that sh*thole portlaoise. portlaoise certainly isnt halfway between antrim and kerry - the venue for this game should move up the country a good bit from portlaoise.

Rois

The best way to get Antrim fans to travel is to play it in Croker.  Presumably it'll be out of action next weekend though?  I wouldn't even take Kerry into account when setting the neutral venue.  

Shamrock Shore

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: clarshack on July 20, 2009, 12:09:58 AM
the thing that really pisses me off is that when kerry or cork teams play northern teams the venue always seems to be that sh*thole portlaoise. portlaoise certainly isnt halfway between antrim and kerry - the venue for this game should move up the country a good bit from portlaoise.

According to Google, driving from Belfast to Portlaoise takes about 2 hours 55 mins. The trip takes from Killarney to Portlaoise takes, amazingly, 2 hours 55 minutes. Not sure exactly what's wrong with Portlaoise to warrant the description shithole.

tyssam5

The key question in deciding this 'battle of the minnows' is which is better recovered from their recent thrashings by Tyrone?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Rois on July 20, 2009, 12:10:30 AM
The best way to get Antrim fans to travel is to play it in Croker.  Presumably it'll be out of action next weekend though?  I wouldn't even take Kerry into account when setting the neutral venue.  

That's a bit unfair Rois surely? Can't just go by the numbers of support. Everybody who wants to go to support their county deserves the same chance. Ok Kerry have a poor travelling following but even the Tyrone fans seem to be picking and choosing their games a bit more these days!

blanketattack

Quote from: clarshack on July 20, 2009, 12:09:58 AM

What are you on about ,sure half the journey between the heartland of Cork football i.e. West Cork, and Dublin is Cork City. It used be Mitchelstown but keeps moving further down as more stretches of motorway open between Cork and Dublin.