Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 17, 2009, 04:45:27 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on July 17, 2009, 04:35:57 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 17, 2009, 04:32:06 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on July 17, 2009, 04:28:38 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 17, 2009, 04:23:29 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on July 17, 2009, 04:02:29 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 17, 2009, 03:57:59 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on July 17, 2009, 03:55:01 PM
p.s I love how has seemed to have happened to every small minded person close personal friend in the country , yet was never report by any TV, Radio,newspaper or independent report.
not much of a comeback there gnevin, take yer defeat with graciousness!

or do you go running off to the 'northside people' every time a 'paycheck' comes in !

I would of though this very wide spread practice would of made one paper sure I've heard from about 10 different sources or maybe your contact is every one's best friend. Well my pay check isn't newsworthy , I would of assumed the government department handing out blank cheque would be
I've heard mention of this kind of thing a good few times now but you for one dont seem to want to acknowledge this happening

can you account for the cheque I saw with handwritten figures on it ?
what explanation can you give ?

Other than what it was for , how the lady come to have this cheque as per what I have said !
if not then cop on.

I will accept heresy and conjecture as fact. The simple matter of fact here is this if true is an national disgrace which would of been in every newspaper. I wasn't why?

You never said who hand wrote the cheque.
cant answer why not
plenty of other disgraceful goings on of a larger magnitude possibly !

I dont know the guythat wrote the cheque, but it was the chap that bought the car and a non national. Nigerian to be precise.

by the way there is far more in civil service to be going at rather than these smaller costs. We waste a fecking HUGE amount of money on gov/civil service costs that also never make the papers.
Some of which I have witnessed first hand and left a prev job because I would not stand for suce waste and would not be party to it.
you can take that also as conjecture if you like.

So what we  is a hand written cheque given to a non national for reasons unknown with no suggestion of this money being handed out too buy a car or the non national got any more that a Irish person would of gotten.

No as far as I am aware, the applicant (the nigerian chap as per example) wants a car, the dept tell him to go source on but theres prob a limit to the amount he has to spend.
He finds one, goes back to the dept to get the cheque issues, it is, but with no amount on it, the guy fills it in, gives it to the car owner/seller (who calls up dept to verify that this is bone fide) and then when finds it is, then takes cheque and hands over car.
simple as.

There is no evidence of that in your story. All you have is a hand written cheque , nothing more nothing less. Read into that what you like.
its hard to read anything you 'write' !
obv its also comprehension you have a problem with not just spelling!
read into that what you like.

I'll break it down for you.

Why when you seen this cheque did you jump to the conclusion that is was issued with the express purpose of buying a car?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gnevin on July 17, 2009, 05:11:51 PM

Why when you seen this cheque did you jump to the conclusion that is was issued with the express purpose of buying a car?
one day had car
told me about the guy coming to buy it
a couple of days later
no car
had cheque
showed me cheque with handwritten amount

not exactly a case for scully and mulder ffs

Gnevin

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 17, 2009, 05:24:32 PM

one day had car
a couple of days later
no car
had cheque

Show me the proof the the cheque was expressly and solely issued to buy a car. You can't because you don't know why this boy had this cheque and it's just as likely to be back payments as anything else.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gnevin on July 17, 2009, 05:30:17 PM

one day had car
a couple of days later
no car
had cheque

Show me the proof the the cheque was expressly and solely issued to buy a car. You can't because you don't know why this boy had this cheque and it's just as likely to be back payments as anything else.
that last grasp straw of yours was debunked earlier
if the payment was for back pay or whatever you are having yourself - there would have been a PRINTED figure on it.

that the car was looked for and bought by this means is proof enough I would believe.

if not then this is a case of fraud by the car purchaser
either way the lady lodged her money and it cleared.

whatever it is - cheques issued by the department for cars or for other purposes
or
cheques issued by the department for something and its being fraudulently used

it amounts to the same point - these cheques should not be issued at all !

its a wasteful drain on our already overburdened economy and a misuse of money - which as I pointed out has bigger fish to fry than this case of misuse. More widespread and bigger costing abuses within public sector.

muppet

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 16, 2009, 11:44:27 PM
This whole charade is laughable if it wasn't so serious. It was obvious to anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together that most of these measures needed to be brought in at least 12 months ago but the govt bottled it big time in the face of the unions refusals to accept job cuts. Hopefully this time they are belatedly strapping on a pair of balls and will finally grasp the nettle and stop hitting easy targets. Job cuts are not nice but it just has to be done. So long as its done fairly and good workers are kept and wasters are "retired". That could be the problem though.

It is amazing how few of those there seems to be in Ireland.

1 (2009 Government spend will be >€55 Billion) + 1 (2009 Tax take will be < €30 Billion) = 2 (Unsustainable borrowing leading to bankruptcy)

That means either:

1. The Government must quickly find a way to double the tax take (not going to happen).
2. The Government grow some balls and quickly reduce the public spend.
3. The EU come in and halve the public service spend.
4. The IMF come in and halve the public service spend.

My money is on 3 happening next year if and only if we pass Lisbon. Otherwise my money is on 4.
MWWSI 2017

Gnevin

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 17, 2009, 05:35:34 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on July 17, 2009, 05:30:17 PM

one day had car
a couple of days later
no car
had cheque

that last grasp straw of yours was debunked earlier
if the payment was for back pay or whatever you are having yourself - there would have been a PRINTED figure on it.

that the car was looked for and bought by this means is proof enough I would believe.

if not then this is a case of fraud by the car purchaser
either way the lady lodged her money and it cleared.

whatever it is - cheques issued by the department for cars or for other purposes
or
cheques issued by the department for something and its being fraudulently used

it amounts to the same point - these cheques should not be issued at all !

its a wasteful drain on our already overburdened economy and a misuse of money - which as I pointed out has bigger fish to fry than this case of misuse. More widespread and bigger costing abuses within public sector.

Why would it have too be printed? You've no evidence that back payments aren't in some cases hand written other than is suits your agenda.

Sure I could make the same point if the cheque was for a car it would of been printed . ::)

Gnevin

Quote from: muppet on July 17, 2009, 05:51:20 PM
This whole charade is laughable if it wasn't so serious. It was obvious to anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together that most of these measures needed to be brought in at least 12 months ago but the govt bottled it big time in the face of the unions refusals to accept job cuts. Hopefully this time they are belatedly strapping on a pair of balls and will finally grasp the nettle and stop hitting easy targets. Job cuts are not nice but it just has to be done. So long as its done fairly and good workers are kept and wasters are "retired". That could be the problem though.

1 (2009 Government spend will be >€55 Billion) + 1 (2009 Tax take will be < €30 Billion) = 2 (Unsustainable borrowing leading to bankruptcy)

That means either:

1. The Government must quickly find a way to double the tax take (not going to happen).

My money is on 3 happening next year if and only if we pass Lisbon. Otherwise my money is on 4.

Yeah but we still have the public service unions  saying not a inch.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: carribbear on July 17, 2009, 03:57:46 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on July 17, 2009, 03:55:01 PM
p.s I love how has seemed to have happened to every small minded person close personal friend in the country , yet was never report by any TV, Radio,newspaper or independent report.

Might be something to do with the fact that no journalist/reporter wants to touch the story with a barge pole in case they get a label (hence my Adrian Kennedy reference)
Extremely unlikely.
Kevin Myers would be all over such a story like a rash!
Read his article today in the Indo about travellers, if you doubt me.

muppet

Quote from: Gnevin on July 17, 2009, 06:34:32 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 17, 2009, 05:51:20 PM

That means either:

Yeah but we still have the public service unions  saying not a inch.

Of course they say that, their members pay them to protect their terms not to savage them.

The responsibility lies with the Government. They were happy to take the credit for everything during the boom (Mary Harney always attributed it to good Government) now they must accept responsibility for the crash and do something about it.
MWWSI 2017

Capt Pat

The threshold for monthly medicines with the HSE is gone up to 125 euro. Most peoples medications wouldn't cost that, so I don't know why they are bothering.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Bertie's bribing of the electorate with hand over fist parish-pump payouts to whomsoever should demand it whenever has finally come unravelled, as was always certain to happen, but always sure to be when he had exited stage left. Cute hoor, the cutest fecking hoor of them all.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...