Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 17, 2009, 03:43:57 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on July 17, 2009, 03:32:57 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 17, 2009, 03:30:00 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on July 17, 2009, 03:18:53 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 17, 2009, 01:52:28 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on July 17, 2009, 01:26:26 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 17, 2009, 01:07:18 PM

I do - its true.

And who is your first hand knowledge from?
why - would you know my cousins gf ?

Quote from: Gnevin on July 17, 2009, 01:45:56 PM

Well it wasn't so much the who but the source. Is this person working in the department of social services or a immigrant aka first hand knowledge or is it a guy you know who knows a guy who heard "first hand knowledge".

Any way this is getting away from the point of this thread ABS and its report
or a person who actually received and cashed a cheque (that I saw) ......

What does the cheque tell you? Nothing ! .They could of gotten 3 months back payments the same as any Irish person. So when you said first hand you meant hearsay and conjecture .
unless your relatives and frinds are in the habit of telling you lies then I suggest you keep that b*****t of yours regarding conjecture to yourself.

I would also state that if this was a backpayment from the Dpt then they would have actually printed the figures on the cheque rather than the WRITTEN amount that the guy himself filled in (yes I saw the cheque!)!
Go stick that in yer pipe !!!

Who said anything about lies?
"Conjecture is defined as speculation: a hypothesis that has been formed by speculating or conjecturing (usually with little hard evidence); "speculations about the outcome ..."

So the department of social services gave a guy a blank cheque or who filled it in?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gnevin

p.s I love how has seemed to have happened to every small minded person close personal friend in the country , yet was never report by any TV, Radio,newspaper or independent report.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

carribbear

Quote from: Gnevin on July 17, 2009, 03:55:01 PM
p.s I love how has seemed to have happened to every small minded person close personal friend in the country , yet was never report by any TV, Radio,newspaper or independent report.

Might be something to do with the fact that no journalist/reporter wants to touch the story with a barge pole in case they get a label (hence my Adrian Kennedy reference)

lynchbhoy

not much of a comeback there gnevin, take yer defeat with graciousness!

or do you go running off to the 'northside people' every time a 'paycheck' comes in !

Gnevin

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 17, 2009, 03:57:59 PM

or do you go running off to the 'northside people' every time a 'paycheck' comes in !

I would of though this very wide spread practice would of made one paper sure I've heard from about 10 different sources or maybe your contact is every one's best friend. Well my pay check isn't newsworthy , I would of assumed the government department handing out blank cheque would be

Gnevin

Quote from: carribbear on July 17, 2009, 03:57:46 PM

Might be something to do with the fact that no journalist/reporter wants to touch the story with a barge pole in case they get a label (hence my Adrian Kennedy reference)

Sure and government asked NASA the experts in cover ups to help them cover it up or maybe the story is bull.

carribbear

Quote from: Gnevin on July 17, 2009, 04:03:47 PM
Sure and government asked NASA the experts in cover ups to help them cover it up or maybe the story is bull.

Is that the best you can come up with? Game, set and match to me.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gnevin on July 17, 2009, 04:02:29 PM

I would of though this very wide spread practice would of made one paper sure I've heard from about 10 different sources or maybe your contact is every one's best friend. Well my pay check isn't newsworthy , I would of assumed the government department handing out blank cheque would be
I've heard mention of this kind of thing a good few times now but you for one dont seem to want to acknowledge this happening

can you account for the cheque I saw with handwritten figures on it ?
what explanation can you give ?

Other than what it was for , how the lady come to have this cheque as per what I have said !
if not then cop on.

Gnevin

Quote from: carribbear on July 17, 2009, 04:22:04 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on July 17, 2009, 04:03:47 PM

Is that the best you can come up with? Game, set and match to me.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam%27s_razor

Gnevin

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 17, 2009, 04:23:29 PM

I've heard mention of this kind of thing a good few times now but you for one dont seem to want to acknowledge this happening

Other than what it was for , how the lady come to have this cheque as per what I have said !
if not then cop on.

I will not accept heresy and conjecture as fact. The simple matter of fact here is this if true is an national disgrace which would of been in every newspaper. It wasn't why?

You never said who hand wrote the cheque.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gnevin on July 17, 2009, 04:28:38 PM

if not then cop on.

I will accept heresy and conjecture as fact. The simple matter of fact here is this if true is an national disgrace which would of been in every newspaper. I wasn't why?

cant answer why not
plenty of other disgraceful goings on of a larger magnitude possibly !

I dont know the guythat wrote the cheque, but it was the chap that bought the car and a non national. Nigerian to be precise.

by the way there is far more in civil service to be going at rather than these smaller costs. We waste a fecking HUGE amount of money on gov/civil service costs that also never make the papers.
Some of which I have witnessed first hand and left a prev job because I would not stand for suce waste and would not be party to it.
you can take that also as conjecture if you like.

Gnevin

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 17, 2009, 04:32:06 PM

if not then cop on.

I will accept heresy and conjecture as fact. The simple matter of fact here is this if true is an national disgrace which would of been in every newspaper. I wasn't why?

cant answer why not

I dont know the guythat wrote the cheque, but it was the chap that bought the car and a non national. Nigerian to be precise.

by the way there is far more in civil service to be going at rather than these smaller costs. We waste a fecking HUGE amount of money on gov/civil service costs that also never make the papers.
Some of which I have witnessed first hand and left a prev job because I would not stand for suce waste and would not be party to it.

So what we  is a hand written cheque given to a non national for reasons unknown with no suggestion of this money being handed out too buy a car or the non national got any more that a Irish person would of gotten.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gnevin on July 17, 2009, 04:35:57 PM

if not then cop on.

cant answer why not

So what we  is a hand written cheque given to a non national for reasons unknown with no suggestion of this money being handed out too buy a car or the non national got any more that a Irish person would of gotten.
with the greatest of respect, your prev sentence above not making feck all sense - I think you are asking me was a blank cheque given to someone for reasons unknown.

No as far as I am aware, the applicant (the nigerian chap as per example) wants a car, the dept tell him to go source on but theres prob a limit to the amount he has to spend.
He finds one, goes back to the dept to get the cheque issues, it is, but with no amount on it, the guy fills it in, gives it to the car owner/seller (who calls up dept to verify that this is bone fide) and then when finds it is, then takes cheque and hands over car.
simple as.

A lot of peopleon the dole/welfare get money or items bought for them also....I have been told that you just have to know the 'system'.

Its great, I fund all this activity through my taxes ! (and the wastage/malpractice in the gov departments and civil service)

Gnevin

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 17, 2009, 04:45:27 PM

if not then cop on.

cant answer why not

No as far as I am aware, the applicant (the nigerian chap as per example) wants a car, the dept tell him to go source on but theres prob a limit to the amount he has to spend.
He finds one, goes back to the dept to get the cheque issues, it is, but with no amount on it, the guy fills it in, gives it to the car owner/seller (who calls up dept to verify that this is bone fide) and then when finds it is, then takes cheque and hands over car.
simple as.

There is no evidence of that in your story. All you have is a hand written cheque , nothing more nothing less. Read into that what you like.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gnevin on July 17, 2009, 04:55:36 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 17, 2009, 04:45:27 PM

if not then cop on.

cant answer why not

simple as.

There is no evidence of that in your story. All you have is a hand written cheque , nothing more nothing less. Read into that what you like.
its hard to read anything you 'write' !
obv its also comprehension you have a problem with not just spelling!
read into that what you like.